EarWerkz Legend R. 8 Driver, 7-Way, 6-Crossover Flagship | discussion thread
Feb 18, 2015 at 2:43 PM Post #166 of 306
  So far I have roughly 200+ hours as I've been listening to them a LOT and left them burning in overnight for the first couple weeks or so I had them.

I think the biggest thing I've noticed with burn in is that there was a treble peak that seems to have tamed significantly. For example, on Jeff Beck's version of "You Shook Me" there was some shimmery piano that sounded really sharp. This was the case on all my headphones (the original mastering of the album "Truth" seems pretty uneven), but has gotten a lot better with time on the Legend R. On a lesser note, but still noticeable to me is that the bass is much fuller than it was brand new. I think the increased separation I'm hearing is more brain burn-in, as is the mid-based vocals filling out, but I definitely agree they've gotten better with a lot of use.

The Legend R are just stunningly musical and detailed even when I actively try to "break" them. I still can't believe how an IEM can be both so smooth and so detailed at the same time. I've tried listening to some really thick, congested, complicated tracks which can really create a sloppy mess on a lot of IEMs, and yet on the Legend it's still easy to pick out specific instruments and hone in on a particular melody or riff that might be buried otherwise, all while creating a full, coherent sound.

I agree, Spamateur.  Great and spot-on (at least based on what I have experienced as well) impressions!

Feb 18, 2015 at 2:59 PM Post #167 of 306

I agree, Spamateur.  Great and spot-on (at least based on what I have experienced as well) impressions!

Thanks, moedawg! Also looking forward to your review of the Legends. I have a feeling it's gonna be a good one!

Feb 26, 2015 at 9:22 AM Post #168 of 306
I'm getting my impressions today and hopefully sending them out as well.  I haven't actually purchased them yet (contacted Jack about this, he said it'd be fine as long as it's paid for when the impressions arrive), as I'd like to do that at home rather than on a work computer.  Is the address I send the impressions to the same one listed under their Contact Us tab?  

Feb 26, 2015 at 11:38 AM Post #169 of 306
I'm getting my impressions today and hopefully sending them out as well.  I haven't actually purchased them yet (contacted Jack about this, he said it'd be fine as long as it's paid for when the impressions arrive), as I'd like to do that at home rather than on a work computer.  Is the address I send the impressions to the same one listed under their Contact Us tab?  

You are correct, the address is the same as the one listed under "Contact Us":

75 Maddox Road
Suite 100
Buford, Georgia 30518

I remember when I sent a package to him, the Post Office Worker asked me "Would you like to add a name on there, just in case?" I replied with "Okay, that sounds good." So I would suggest adding EarWerkz or Jack Vang (or both like I did) on top of the sending address.

Good luck with your entire process!

Feb 26, 2015 at 5:34 PM Post #170 of 306
well, i paid money to join this club today...  
tongue.gif
  now the waiting begins.  I UPSed my impressions there, should get there Monday.  Hopefully it doesn't make a difference that i used UPS (instead of sending it via post). 

Feb 26, 2015 at 11:10 PM Post #171 of 306
well, i paid money to join this club today...  :p   now the waiting begins.  I UPSed my impressions there, should get there Monday.  Hopefully it doesn't make a difference that i used UPS (instead of sending it via post). 

Congrats! You are in for a serious treat. You'll have to give us your impressions once you get them.

Mar 2, 2015 at 11:36 AM Post #179 of 306
  Last time I checked Legend-R cable option was a Linum BaX and Moon Audio SD 'removed' from that list. Just now I noticed the PWaudio 'The Flash' (2-pin; balanced available) at a surcharge of S$100    http://www.music-sanctuary.com/collections/earwerkz/products/earwerkz-legend-r . Couldn't find that option on the EarWerkz website. Any of you ordered this combo?

Huh, haven't heard anything about that cable from the folks at EarWerkz. I'm wondering if it's a Music Sanctuary specific option? I had the option of the Linum BaX or the stock EarWerkz cable when I picked mine up from them about a month ago.

Mar 2, 2015 at 4:58 PM Post #180 of 306
Last time I checked Legend-R cable option was a Linum BaX and Moon Audio SD 'removed' from that list. Just now I noticed the PWaudio 'The Flash' (2-pin; balanced available) at a surcharge of S$100    http://www.music-sanctuary.com/collections/earwerkz/products/earwerkz-legend-r . Couldn't find that option on the EarWerkz website. Any of you ordered this combo?

Huh, haven't heard anything about that cable from the folks at EarWerkz. I'm wondering if it's a Music Sanctuary specific option? I had the option of the Linum BaX or the stock EarWerkz cable when I picked mine up from them about a month ago.

The PWaudio 'The Flash' cable is a Music Sanctuary only option/item.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back