EarWerkz, a new CIEM company, discussion thread
Nov 19, 2014 at 2:59 AM Post #107 of 1,544
LOL. SGS is now an audiophile guru.
I'm no. 10. I don't even know why I backed this. I already have a UERM :l Oh well, I can always give the audiophile guru SGS an earful if I don't like it lol

Make me wonder why didn't he "raved repeatedly to the EarWerkz staff how superb the Legend tuning was".

Maybe then the Supra will be based on the Legend.

Nov 19, 2014 at 3:07 AM Post #111 of 1,544
Yeah it's based off of the EP-2 custom which SGS was floored by. He tends to prefer airy, neutralish sigs, so I'm sure the Supra will be right up my alley. This was honestly a total knee-jerk decision since I already own a reference monitor. I may back out later, I dunno 

@FlySweep -  I see you in the backers... lol

Nov 19, 2014 at 3:11 AM Post #113 of 1,544
  Which means that they can't definitively say what the end product would be like. When I go to their KS, all I see are 3D mock-ups, which doesn't inspire confidence. Yes, 1964 is a reputable company, but I've seen reputable companies fail at delivering on their promises, so the less work I see, the less intrigued I am. 

Well it's not a final product (as every other project on kickstarter), so there can be changes later on. That's why early backers get big discount :)
The only thing i'm afraid when i back in kickstarter is a project not delivering the product at all, but as i'm familiar with 1964 i have no worries on that part. Whether they sound amazing however, is entirely a different story lol
But so far from all their past products, the T series to the V series they have performed very well, so based on past trend it seems unlikely they would make their new flagship sound worse than what they currently have. *Cross fingers and let's not bait the jinx man* 
biggrin.gif

Nov 19, 2014 at 3:11 AM Post #114 of 1,544
Are you one as well Id?

I believe you're Johnny Hellz. 
wink_face.gif

Well it's not a final product (as every other project on kickstarter), so there can be changes later on. That's why early backers get big discount :)
The only thing i'm afraid when i back in kickstarter is a project not delivering the product at all, but as i'm familiar with 1964 i have no worries on that part. Whether they sound amazing however, is entirely a different story lol
But so far from all their past products, the T series to the V series they have performed very well, so based on past trend it seems unlikely they would make their new flagship sound worse than what they currently have. *Cross fingers and let's not bait the jinx man* 
biggrin.gif

Haha You never know, but I do hope 1964 will be able to deliver. The last thing I want to see is a legion of pissed off Head-Fi members. 

Nov 19, 2014 at 3:20 AM Post #115 of 1,544
Nov 19, 2014 at 3:40 AM Post #119 of 1,544
  Keeping my hopes up that someone within the first 10 will back out. 
ph34r.gif

I think you got my point lol. So if SGS raved much about the Legend, there is hope the Supra will be based on the Legend.

I'm not really sure how it's even possible to base a 2 driver, 2 way crossover UIEM on a 8 driver, 7 way crossover CIEM.

I think it's been made pretty clear on the campaign webpage itself that the Supra is in essence a universal adaptation/evolution of the EP-2.

Nov 19, 2014 at 6:12 AM Post #120 of 1,544
So the Supra is based on ep-2 but they claim that they made it sound even better. Interesting. I got totally wasted last night and totally missed the campaign and the early bird options. Maybe at the end of the campaign if someone of you decides to back down he can give me a shout-out and PM me to save me some hard-earned dough 
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back