EarWerkz, a new CIEM company, discussion thread
Nov 1, 2015 at 3:31 AM Post #1,531 of 1,544
Jack has eventually started a new official Empire Ears thread. From now on, you can come discuss Empire Ears' products over there:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/786335/empire-ears-wasnt-built-in-a-day#post_12040928

Nov 22, 2015 at 3:43 PM Post #1,535 of 1,544
Hey everyone. Can anyone comment on how these compare with the noble 4 universals? I'm kinda deciding between the two right now. Thanks!

Hi, I don't know if someone already commented on your question but anyway - Supra 2 is warmer with thicker note presentation and bigger bass. In comparison N4 has leaner low end, which rolls off a bit early, so it lacks some depth but is snappier.  Both are a bit on the mid-centric side but N4 has a more neutral tone and sounds more natural IMO.
Both are great performers but personally I preferred the N4 by not a very small margin - there is just this nice sweetness and effortlessness in its presentation.I can see some people going the other way around and preferring the supra, especially for the bigger and deeper bass, so personal preference will be a factor but for me the N4 was the clear winner.

Nov 22, 2015 at 3:52 PM Post #1,536 of 1,544
Hi, I don't know if someone already commented on your question but anyway - Supra 2 is warmer with thicker note presentation and bigger bass. In comparison N4 has leaner low end, which rolls off a bit early, so it lacks some depth but is snappier.  Both are a bit on the mid-centric side but N4 has a more neutral tone and sounds more natural IMO.
Both are great performers but personally I preferred the N4 by not a very small margin - there is just this nice sweetness and effortlessness in its presentation.I can see some people going the other way around and preferring the supra, especially for the bigger and deeper bass, so personal preference will be a factor but for me the N4 was the clear winner.

Thank you so much! I have the r2as which have great bass. I think the n4 would be a great iem to have alongside the r2as then.

Nov 22, 2015 at 4:47 PM Post #1,537 of 1,544
Thank you so much! I have the r2as which have great bass. I think the n4 would be a great iem to have alongside the r2as then.

No problem, also, it's pretty easy to recommend it with the upcoming BF sale, which makes it an even better deal, although I'm sure Jack will be offering a great deal on the empire ears too.

Nov 22, 2015 at 4:52 PM Post #1,538 of 1,544
No problem, also, it's pretty easy to recommend it with the upcoming BF sale, which makes it an even better deal, although I'm sure Jack will be offering a great deal on the empire ears too.
both offering 20% off for BF

Feb 5, 2017 at 8:48 PM Post #1,541 of 1,544
Feb 6, 2017 at 2:51 PM Post #1,542 of 1,544
Feb 6, 2017 at 3:41 PM Post #1,543 of 1,544

http://www.head-fi.org/t/786335/empire-ears-adel-discussion-impressions-formerly-earwerkz/5950_50#post_13238145

Thanks alot, I checked these out last night. They look awesome but the price is pretty up there aswell ;x

Do they last for a long time if well taken care of? If I decide to save and splurge on this I surely don't want it to break in a couple years.

Feb 6, 2017 at 7:12 PM Post #1,544 of 1,544
  Thanks alot, I checked these out last night. They look awesome but the price is pretty up there aswell ;x

Do they last for a long time if well taken care of? If I decide to save and splurge on this I surely don't want it to break in a couple years.

You should ask over at the Empire Ears thread. Hardly anyone subs to this thread anymore since it's the old company name... for example your post was the first here in 15 months. 
redface.gif

Folks over at the Empire threads will be able to tell you more, and Jack Vang from Empire Ears is incredibly friendly and does a good job responding to questions. 

Also, just a heads up that Jack's company got its start from his parents' hearing aid company, and those are designed to last as long as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back