Earsonics sm3 V2
Jun 22, 2011 at 11:16 AM Post #542 of 1,167

Quote:
Hi Warlax,

Do you have the Sm3 v1 or v2? If the latter, you should have the new wide bored ones. Im pretty they all came with that. The v1s only came with the older, smaller opening tips.

Quote:
I think v1 ordered in May come with the new tips. They were with mine but I bought used, so I'm not absolutely positive about this. I also ordered extras. Someone should just post a picture of them showing the sound hole. It will be evening before I can.

Sorry, I have the V1s.  Though based on the pictures posted by Google (and linked by shane, thanks!) I believe I have the wider-bore tips, even though the tips there seem to be of a lighter color the bore size on the tips look the same.  Unless the difference in bore size is hard to tell from pictures I'm quite sure I have the new ones, thanks!

Jun 22, 2011 at 1:48 PM Post #543 of 1,167

Quote:

Sorry, I have the V1s.  Though based on the pictures posted by Google (and linked by shane, thanks!) I believe I have the wider-bore tips, even though the tips there seem to be of a lighter color the bore size on the tips look the same.  Unless the difference in bore size is hard to tell from pictures I'm quite sure I have the new ones, thanks!

Keep in mind, (as my experience from Ebay) taking pictures with flash like this can give a different color (brighter) than actual if using 

Jun 22, 2011 at 3:37 PM Post #544 of 1,167
Not sure if anyone can help but as a SM3 v1 owner last year, although I loved the sound I couldn't get a good fit with any tips including the grey double, shure triple, comply's, olives, shure flexible or klipsch ovals, so relutantly had to sell them, and reverted back to westone as they fit me fine.  Has the new shape helped with any previous fitting issues?

I realise that only people with experience of both would be able to help, but I'm considering getting the v2 if this issue had been resolved.  It was discussed briefly in one of the previous appreciation threads for the v1, but from memory not many others had experienced this.  I was never sure if it was due to the square shape of v1 or something like the angle of the nozzle.

Sorry for rambling, but any views would be appreciated.  Cheers

Jun 22, 2011 at 5:12 PM Post #545 of 1,167

Quote:
Not sure if anyone can help but as a SM3 v1 owner last year, although I loved the sound I couldn't get a good fit with any tips including the Grey double, shure triple, comply's, olives, shure flexible or klipsch ovals, so relutantly had to sell them, and reverted back to westone as they fit me fine.  Has the new shape helped with any previous fitting issues?

I realise that only people with experience of both would be able to help, but I'm considering getting the v2 if this issue had been resolved.  It was discussed briefly in one of the previous appreciation threads for the v1, but from memory not many others had experienced this.  I was never sure if it was due to the square shape of v1 or something like the angle of the nozzle.

Sorry for rambling, but any views would be appreciated.  Cheers

As a previous westone 3 owner and now a SM3 v1 owner they do have a very slight difference's in the angle of the nozzle .

I can't help with the SM3 v2 fit .

But it's worth noting ,if you can't get any of the supplied tips to fit .Try experimenting with your own ear-tip designs .There is no practical reason to prevent you finding a good seal with a little trial and error.

For example, with the Westone 3's ,I could feel that whilst using the largest supplied Grey Silicon tips they just did not go deep enough into my ear canals . So I Glued the Silicon Grey Ear tips onto  some 'extension' silicon tubes that I cut off some of the other tips that were supplied. And Got a perfect fit .

With the SM3's I had a different issue . Using the largest Grey silicon tip the SM3's v1 fitted my left ear perfectly but the right tip just wouldn't get that tight fit . I could feel that the Right bud needed to be a little Bigger .So I cut the tube off a Grey silicon ear peace and stretched the Bud over another Grey silicon tip making it bigger .And Got a perfect fit.

Moral of the story? .If at first you don't succeed ,adapt .

Feel why the IEM does not fit you and adapt the Supplied tips until you find the right shape or buy tips that you think will be that right shaped.

Jun 22, 2011 at 5:25 PM Post #546 of 1,167

Quote:
As a previous westone 3 owner and now a SM3 v1 owner they do have a very slight difference's in the angle of the nozzle .

But it's worth noting ,if you can't get any of the supplied tips to fit .Try experimenting with your own ear-tip designs .There is no practical reason to prevent you finding a good seal with a little trial and error.

For example, with the Westone 3's ,I could feel that whilst using the largest supplied Grey Silicon tips they just did not go deep enough into my ear canals . So I Glued the Silicon Grey Ear tips onto  some 'extension' silicon tubes that I cut off some of the other tips that were supplied. And Got a perfect fit .

With the SM3's I had a different issue . Using the largest Grey silicon tip the SM3's v1 fitted my left ear perfectly but the right tip just wouldn't get that tight fit . I could feel that the Right bud needed to be a little Bigger .So I cut the tube off a Grey silicon ear peace and stretched the Bud over another Grey silicon tip making it bigger .And Got a perfect fit.

Feel why the IEM does not fit you and adapt the Supplied tips until you find the right shape or buy tips that you think will be that right shaped.

ib you like the sm3 better than the W3? Could you explain a bit? Thanks and Thanks to all

Jun 23, 2011 at 2:29 AM Post #547 of 1,167

Quote:
Just got the new Earsonics biflanges (wide-bored) in the mail today and have been using them with my Sm3 v1s for the past couple of hours. So far i can say I like them way better than the previous stock biflanges. The V1s signature seems more balanced now and the highs have a little more presence and clarity to them than before. Timbre seems the same, but will need to listen more to confirm this. They don't sound as warm as before (not by much) but still maintain all the traits I love about the v1s.

Physically, they seem softer and more comfortable than the previous stock tips, either because softer silicon is being used or perhaps because the bores are larger, making the stalks less thick, hence less stiff. Size-wise they're the same and I'm still getting the same level of seal / isolation, which is good.

Heretic Probably mentioned already but I can;t seem to find it (Comment was for the Thread Police) Where are you ordering these new ES Biflanges Thanks

Jun 23, 2011 at 2:41 AM Post #549 of 1,167

Ordered it off of the Earsonics website, mate. They're 2 euros a pair and shipping is 3 euros. I ordered 2 pairs as just 1 would seem ridiculous with the shipping costing more than the tips themselves. LOL.

Quote:
Heretic Probably mentioned already but I can;t seem to find it (Comment was for the Thread Police) Where are you ordering these new ES Biflanges Thanks

Jun 23, 2011 at 2:44 AM Post #550 of 1,167

Wow, that seems like a helluva lot of work to get an IEM to fit. LOL. Thankfully, the stock tips worked fine for me from the get-go. I dont think I would have had the patience to try quite so many permutations of tips.
blink.gif
Actually I think i'm rather lucky in that respect as with all the IEMs i own, I always found the stock tips worked great, if not best for me. Only one I'm having problems with is the MTPC. None of the plethora of tips Monster included works for me. None. I've resorted to SOny Hybrids, but I cant help but feel i'm missing something by using them.

PS: Ppl keep referring to small and large stock ES tips. Are there different sizes (asides from the bores)? Cuz i only 2 of the same size tips and on the ES website there are no options for sizes. I thought it was just the one universal size?
Quote:

Jun 23, 2011 at 7:58 AM Post #551 of 1,167

Quote:
Wow, that seems like a helluva lot of work to get an IEM to fit. LOL. Thankfully, the stock tips worked fine for me from the get-go. I don't think I would have had the patience to try quite so many permutations of tips.
blink.gif

Dude ! the SM3 tip adaptation Took all of 5 minutes ,Max.

1.Cut Tube off unused large silicon Grey tip . (Though I was lucky enough to have some spare large Grey silicon tips ) You can buy them in packs .

2. Make the hole at the end of  the Grey Silicon tips slightly Bigger using small scissors or knife

3. Stretch the remainder of the silicon Grey tip over another large tip ( it stays securely in place ) and hey presto . Xtra Large Grey Silicon Tip
ksc75smile.gif

4. Enjoy the Music

Jun 23, 2011 at 8:13 AM Post #552 of 1,167

Quote:
ib you like the sm3 better than the W3? Could you explain a bit? Thanks and Thanks to all

Yes.

A more Balanced Frequency especially in the Lows and Highs, thus not veiling the Mids as some I.E.M's and headphones can do.With the SM3's you can hear it's 'all there' without any excess on any part of the frequency range .

Out of the I.E.M's I have heard - Westone 3 , CK10's , eq-5's they offer the most precision .In Dance music it's relatively easy to hear when the music isn't being reproduced quite the way it was produced . Too much High's and the all important bass which Good quality Dance music is structured upon sounds weak . Too much Lows and the bass dominates the Rhythm with too much Boom.Too mids and the Kick drums and high Hats etc sound very off .

The SM3's simply accurately reproduce well balanced music , keep it all in it's right perspective .

It's simply just a matter of Balance
ksc75smile.gif

Jun 23, 2011 at 9:19 AM Post #553 of 1,167
Jun 23, 2011 at 2:13 PM Post #554 of 1,167
There it is again! A reference to a large ES silicon tip. Can you explain? I thought there is only one size for the ES tips. I'm referring to the tip size, not the bore. And where did you get them from in packs? ES' website sells them individually. I'd love to get a whole as backups...and to fool around with modding like you've explained.

Thanks in advance.
biggrin.gif

Quote:
Dude ! the SM3 tip adaptation Took all of 5 minutes ,Max.

1.Cut Tube off unused large silicon Grey tip . (Though I was lucky enough to have some spare large Grey silicon tips ) You can buy them in packs .

2. Make the hole at the end of  the Grey Silicon tips slightly Bigger using small scissors or knife

3. Stretch the remainder of the silicon Grey tip over another large tip ( it stays securely in place ) and hey presto . Xtra Large Grey Silicon Tip
ksc75smile.gif

4. Enjoy the Music

Jun 23, 2011 at 4:05 PM Post #555 of 1,167

Quote:
There it is again! A reference to a large ES silicon tip. Can you explain? I thought there is only one size for the ES tips. I'm referring to the tip size, not the bore. And where did you get them from in packs? ES' website sells them individually. I'd love to get a whole as backups...and to fool around with modding like you've explained.

Thanks in advance.
biggrin.gif

f

Heretic, I'm pretty sure he;s talking about the large Grey Silicone Flex tip, that are packed with Shures and westones, not the Biflange you are refering to. Like the Triple flanges, I highly doubt these come in different sizes, Must be the Bores

Users who are viewing this thread

Back