Earsonics sm3 V2
May 3, 2011 at 12:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1,167

Notdaniele

New Head-Fier
So i went to Earsonics' Website today out of boredom and noticed that Earsonics has released a new version of the sm3. Sm3 V2!! Description: EarSonics SM3 pushes further the limits achieved by the SM2 for universal in-ears: more aeration, a wider sonic image, more defined lows and detailed highs with an incredible finesse. All of this with EarSonics' trademarked neutrality accuracy. The V2 offers new ergonomic design and replaceable cable. Does someone want to take it for the team and make an impression? :D I have a strong feeling these will be a FOTM in 3 months :p you can check it out here: http://www.earsonics.com/osc/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1&products_id=60

May 3, 2011 at 12:27 PM Post #4 of 1,167
I'm interested in trying, hopefully they fit better for me.  The tips included was pretty much useless except for the complies.  Also, I hope the Y node is a bit lower since it can choke some people.  I want a deeper insertion too, the sound tube is to short for deeper insertion for my ears.

May 3, 2011 at 12:31 PM Post #5 of 1,167
The tips included needed trimming to become useful. It's great that Earsonics is using an overall more ergonomic design, it looks like a top tier item now. 

May 3, 2011 at 12:50 PM Post #8 of 1,167
Sounds good.  I liked the sound when I briefly owned it, by my large head and neck made the fit way to tight and restricting (hate wearing ties).  Hopefully, the Y cinch is adjustable.  If not, at least the cable is replaceable with one that is.

May 3, 2011 at 12:53 PM Post #9 of 1,167
Hopefully the connectors are the one that is the same as the Westone, JHA, etc then. There are plenty of cables using those connectors. It's unlikely I'll ever get one since I really don't need universals anymore but it is nice to see that Earsonics listens to their customers and make changes on their products for the better.

May 3, 2011 at 12:56 PM Post #10 of 1,167
Damn, the Euro to Dollar conversion makes it about $510.  I think I'll pass this up until Sound Earphones sells them for $299 like the V1, even if it'll be next year around the same time.

May 3, 2011 at 1:04 PM Post #13 of 1,167
Maybe they'll have it on sale along with some coupons sometime sooner than that for holidays or whatever. Then I'll snatch it. I'll have to keep a close eye on the distributor.

Quote:
Damn, the Euro to Dollar conversion makes it about $510.  I think I'll pass this up until Sound Earphones sells them for $299 like the V1, even if it'll be next year around the same time.

May 3, 2011 at 1:42 PM Post #14 of 1,167
Looks like the new housing is very similar to the UM3X and the replaceable cable is a great addition. I wonder how much different the sound sig is compared to V1.

May 3, 2011 at 1:51 PM Post #15 of 1,167
Soundearphones has them listed on their website already. Expensive!

http://www.soundearphones.com/brands/earsonics

Users who are viewing this thread

Back