Earsonics sm3 V2
May 9, 2011 at 2:33 PM Post #151 of 1,167

Quote:
I would write a review, especially since I have custom tips for the SM3, once it comes in. But I would need a control pair to A/B. Otherwise, I'll let someone more experienced with other phones to review them.

If it's about if the SM3 v2 will sound the same as v1, Earsonics said it should sound the same.

hmm.. the SoundEarphones rep I spoke to told me that there is a change in sound, and I asked him how he knew and he told me that's what earsonics have told them =/

May 9, 2011 at 2:46 PM Post #153 of 1,167

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/552337/earsonics-sm3-v2/30#post_7448481
Quote:
hmm.. the SoundEarphones rep I spoke to told me that there is a change in sound, and I asked him how he knew and he told me that's what earsonics have told them =/

May 9, 2011 at 4:08 PM Post #154 of 1,167
Thanks for answering but, doesn't the higher ohms mean a higher field of magnetism for the speakers to be controlled?  So... there will be a change in sound if that does play a part in the sound?  I just read a review somewhere on here.  I can't seem to find the post... if I do I'll go a head and post the link.  
But ya, if thats true... it should change the sound right?  Hopefully it doesn't because I like the sound it offers already...Im not sure if I'd like to exchange looks for the sound.  Just my opinion.  

May 9, 2011 at 4:13 PM Post #155 of 1,167
If it's the same sound, to me it's not worth paying an extra $130 for a detachable cable and new shelling (yes, I know I said this earlier, but worth repeating again I feel). With that said, the SM3 is a great sounding IEM.

May 9, 2011 at 5:32 PM Post #158 of 1,167

Quote:
mmm thanks.  Please do let me know when you find out.  Thanks =)

Just got a reply from FrancK (hope he doesn't mind me posting it here)

"
Hi everyone,

The impedance of the SM3 V2 still the same than the V1: that is 34 ohm...

SM3V1= 34 ohm
SM3V2= 34 ohm.

17 ohm should be a mistake, the real impedance of the 2 earphone is 34 ohm.

sincerely,
Franck LOPEZ

"

And my v1 has been shipped out today, that was pretty fast
smile.gif

May 10, 2011 at 12:06 AM Post #165 of 1,167
oh man... that's a little confusing and strange to find out that its suppose to be 34 ohms but in any case if it is than I can up grade for free because mine was bought after February!  =)  I just need to pay for the shipping.  Did you guys find the email on the ES site?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back