Earsonics SM3 Appreciation Thread - Third Time is a Charm?
Dec 18, 2012 at 3:17 PM Post #1,441 of 1,687
Hi, 2 days ago finished with adding socket ti SM3 v1 and Custom cable for (from Toxic Cable Viper).

I afraid much more about the connector, but was not so comlicated. But because SM3 can just fallen apart, was easier:)

Dec 19, 2012 at 2:54 AM Post #1,443 of 1,687
BTW, I almost gave up on my SM3 due to comfort issues. They were pressing against my ears and gets painful over time. I have been using GR07 single flange tips as I "thought" they gave me the best balance between comfort, SQ and seal. I tried the stock bi-flanges and now they are more comfortable. Since they are longer than the single flanges, I insert them just enough that they hang by the tip and sort of hover just above my ears, not in contact at all. No more pain, i just need to re-adjust to the sound signature.

Dec 21, 2012 at 1:40 PM Post #1,446 of 1,687
I de-filtered my SM3s. I didn't think it was possible for these to increase in resolution, but they did. Also, the soundstage is no longer weird but a little smaller than when it was with filters. It's not as 3D as before, but imaging has improved. And the bi-flanges are amazing.

Dec 22, 2012 at 2:37 AM Post #1,447 of 1,687
See, the imaging without the filters was what really hooked me, along with the increased treble presence which basically makes it an almost purely flat sound.
Quote:
I de-filtered my SM3s. I didn't think it was possible for these to increase in resolution, but they did. Also, the soundstage is no longer weird but a little smaller than when it was with filters. It's not as 3D as before, but imaging has improved. And the bi-flanges are amazing.

Dec 22, 2012 at 4:24 AM Post #1,449 of 1,687
I love the sound of the biflanges so much but they are such a pain to put on and itches after a while. Any advice? 
Also to remove the cable do you have to tug on it hard?

Dec 22, 2012 at 5:26 AM Post #1,450 of 1,687
Wash them regularly with soap and water. And make sure your ears are clean as well. I use about 2 drops of 3% hydrogen peroxide solution at least once a month. Consult your doctor about this though, I have the V1 so my cable isn't removable. i have heard V2 users don't bother with removing them. They look fragile.

Dec 22, 2012 at 7:01 AM Post #1,452 of 1,687
Hi funsound how the sm3 hold against the pfe 232 are they on the same level? Im thinking of getting the pfe232 or the new sm3 64 for christmas but the sm3 defiltered with custom tips sounds so good...maybe ill try the new 64.which fit my custom tips but want to ser if the phonaks are better

Users who are viewing this thread

Back