EarSonics S-EM6 & S-EM6v2 Six driver universal IEM
Oct 13, 2013 at 9:57 PM Post #137 of 690
I mean the same and EM32 is based on the same principle though his 32ohms impedance

Hi Roolk2

How is the SQ comparison between SEM 6 vs EM32?

After burn my SEM 6 more shining and more balance and pronounce
The piano toots more body and clear .the bass has better impact too.

I love it
It is my favourite universal iem now :D

Oct 14, 2013 at 4:28 AM Post #139 of 690
Hi Rudi :)

EM32 shares the house sound signature of ES, treble controlled and mids very detailed and nuanced. But the lows on EM32 go further, a lot.
Both are detailed but the EM32 has little more details notably in the highs and obviously in the lows, it is more organic.
The mids on S-EM6 can go further, it sounds louder when it has to be louder. The EM32 is made to be used on stage where the mids have to be controlled.

The soundstage of EM32 is little opener than S-EM6 and position of instruments can be deeper sometimes, EM32 is more versatile than S-EM6 that match on every sources and mastering, not the case of EM32.
EM32 is little more analytical, separation is more obvious and precise.

To conclude I have to say I love both of those IEM, I'm very happy with my universal EM6 though I had it in custom before. They look more compact and solid, better IMO for on the go. If I find EM32 better than EM6 they are not as polyvalent as those.

Oct 15, 2013 at 11:39 AM Post #140 of 690
Nice Rudi! Then you can compare them to the Vision Ears Demos.

Vision Ears (Stage4) will sounds very very different compare to S-EM6. The VE Stage4 has more v-shape sounding, more pronounce treble and bass, while S-EM6 is a bit significantly more to midcentric sounding.

Oct 15, 2013 at 12:10 PM Post #141 of 690
Vision Ears (Stage4) will sounds very very different compare to S-EM6. The VE Stage4 has more v-shape sounding, more pronounce treble and bass, while S-EM6 is a bit significantly more to midcentric sounding.
Interesting...I tried the Stage 4 extensively but never tried anything by Earsonics.

Oct 15, 2013 at 1:37 PM Post #142 of 690
took me days to say that the mids is fuller, and sweeter than my TG334 !

I will give a notch to TG334 for clarity, airyness, accuracy (though both for me is not that accurate TBH), sound-image, details/transparency and layering, BUT pls note, SEM6 is no slouch either - is better than average for sure...it's just that personally i found that my TG334 is better in this regards.

for sound stage - i will say SEM6 is very good. It's wider, deeper, with roughly has a same height as TG334, they both able to create somewhat in-the-room feeling. Spacious sound, but i found SEM6 is "bigger".

The MIDS, both has a very special MIDS. The SEM6 is a bit different. The sound is unique i would say. It's more mid centric. more dominant than TG334 and more fuller bodied too, a bit more forward in presenting. At first, seems like muffled, but soon when i already got use to it, i realized behind its dark-ish, lush, mellow, and creamy MIDS, it lies the detail and transparency blended in a romantic color, ready to be poisoned to our ears.

So far the best combo i use is this:

This combo above is able to pull the mids from SEM6 to sing, really sing !!, better clarity, better transparency and more accurate performance.

Also, i find this combo is very pleasing too using my SEM6:

And for direct use, i prefer my Tera than my AK120, the mids is more bodied, smoother, and overall sound is cleaner.

Oct 15, 2013 at 5:31 PM Post #143 of 690
Oh my god I want a Tera player for everyday outdoor...

Oct 15, 2013 at 11:03 PM Post #144 of 690
It's a lovely player and sweet sound too. I was discouraged by the no-screen at first. But after I get use to of navigating them, and arrange my folder name as artist - album title, soon I realized that is pretty easy to play with. And the buttons responds VERY snappy with zero laggyness.

Oct 16, 2013 at 4:11 AM Post #146 of 690
Maybe you can try mine when I come to France...but I have a question on the Tera S-EM6 combo. From my experience the Tera causes significant bass roll off with all low impedance BA. Is it not the case here?

I also notice the bass on Tera is actually lesser compared to AK120. The AK120 has more impact and a bit punchier too, but personally, the bass on Tera is very acceptable for me. And for the pairing with S-EM6 the bass is feel-able, and i can enjoy it without feeling "want more", the bass is there when needed in the right amount (based on my personal taste). However, the bass is not one that i am digging from this SEM6, it's the MIDS which i am now starting to get addicted by it. Very nice body, full sound and i never get boring by it, and my Tera is very suitable for this kind of job..making it more shine.

Oct 16, 2013 at 8:34 AM Post #147 of 690
MY S-EM6 FEEDBACK

First, sorry for my poor english. :)

I received my S-EM6 a week ago and used them every single day. I would like to share my impressions with you.

Building quality.

Very very well done, builky, tinny, beautifull, they are handmade and shows the tecnical aspect with it’s beautifull transparent shell and the assembly of the 6 BA drivers… my god How did they manage to put them all together in a so tinny shell…. The faceplate is also beautiful with the brand name painted handmade in gold color. I have the feeling to be in presence of mini CIEM’s. All very well polished and very shinny and transparent. I did not try to bent the bore with lot of force but it seems very very strong. Something I really like is the connection between the IEm and the cables. The link is very strong wich is a good point for a so expensive IEM and avoid of loosing it.

Comfort

The internal shape of my right ear is quite complicated and I used to have many trouble of inserting some of my previous IEM’s, that’s why first, I decided to buy a pair of EM4. One of the best universal IEM I had for confort was the UM3X that had the perfect angle for me between the shell and the bore and after them, no way to find better fit in others IEMS. No need to say that i twas almost impossible to find a good fit with dynamics drivers IEM’s due to the largers bores… All that to say that I have ever found difficult to associate perfect fit with universals IEM and I was extremely astonished by the S-EM6 confort and fit. The introduction in the ear was quite simple and wearing the mis like a CIEM without part going out from the ear. The impression of wearinf it is quite comparable with CIEM wearing with the benefit of weight and not to have so much intrusion in the whole ear. Those who like to sleep with IEM’s would be very happy with them. Isolation : what to say except that I find them to isolate as much, or even better than my CIEM.

Sound compared to my EM6

I don’t want to argue a lot but to be short, I am very surprised. I always immagined that the same model in a CIEM version would ALWAYS sound lot better than the same model in a universal version. I have an experience about this with my old Heir 4AI that I sold to buy the CIEm version, the 4A and also after having buyed some times ago the Earmolds from ES. Acryl ever gave me the feeling of a better presentation, better depth, precision, detail, soundstage than silicone common tips.

But for these, I have to admit that I don’t see any real differences between my EM6 and my S-EM6. I even have the feeling that the S-EM6 are more airy, with a little better soundstage and depth. Layerings and separation seems to be even a tad better, time will confirm that. For the rest, I think you already read the EM6 tests and reviews and no need to say that these are very good CIEM’s…

S-EM6's sound :

Presentation : balanced with little bit forward mid - strong and deep bass, soft and non fatiguing treble.

BASS : well extended, very deep, punchy, controlled, textured and realistic. Never doing to much or not enough…you feel the skin vibrating on drumms…

Medium : ES strenght, and it’s were music is I think… soft, precise, coherent, beautiful timbres, textured, organics, never piercing, a little bit forward in comparison with bass and treble, with lot of body without loosing precision and coherence. Those who knows ES medium surely knowswhat I’m talking about.  

Treble : I have to admit that some can be first surprised about ES treble but all I have to say is that before I knew ES treble, I had a false idea of what treble was… Lot of brand put lot of coloration in this difficult freq aerea to compensate a lack of precision and coherency, to give an « illusion » of well bodyed and extended treble. With ES, you have, almost to me, what treble should be…. Very very precise, thin (in a good way), with lot of extensions and harmonics, sparkly when song calls for it but never piercing or fatiguing…

Medium/treble transition : one of the most important freq. aerea for me. Don’t want to name brands here that did not do their job about this aerea (like some other Head-Fier’s often do...) but I think that with the S-EM6, you’ll have one of the most natural and sweet transition IEM can reproduce… please, don’t speak to me about freq. graphs… I speak about feelings, not mathematics. Don’t care if there’s a dip or a mountain (
wink_face.gif
) in the 4K region… but to my own ears, those sound so organics and convincing…

Soundstage : Wide in a coherent way, you feel like you are in the first row of a concert, in some songs, you feel like being on stage. Good depth and hight, it’s like having a sphere in front of you with sound never comming from behind. Good layering and separation but like the other points, in a coherent way. Even if well separated, everything is unificated by a good sense of hair and reverberation between the instruments.

Dynamics : very lively, fun…

Conclusion :

If what would determine a price was only the sound coming out, witout any other factor, I think that these S-EM6 are already worth the same price as the EM6, no doubt for me. Add to this the fact that they are so well handmade (same process than a CIEM) and with a confort and fit so close of what you could have with a CIEM, I think they really worth their price, with the fact that you can sell them any time.

The world of very high-end IEM’s joined the world of CIEM, speaking about sound, almost with ES. What CIEM yet have more is that for some of you, confort will be better with them and the fact that you can customise them (colors, faceplate art design). With ES’s CIEM’s you can even upgrade from a model to another, for example, my EM6 are being turned into E M32 and so, will keep my S-EM6 for a long period. With CIEM no need to say that you’ll have to be more patient to find a perfect fit (sometimes several weeks) and perhaps will have extra costs due to shipping fees. With the S-EM6, you can take of the benefict of an excellent sound directly with the flexibility after a period of time to sell them. 

Speaking about price, people should understand that if you substract taxes, the price of the S-EM6 is one of the cheaper of all Hi-end IEMs... One should take this into account. Make sure, when you compare prices, to add all taxes OR not to add... but sometimes people compare two wrong prices, one without and the other with, wich is completely wrong.

Some pictures:

Oct 16, 2013 at 8:51 AM Post #148 of 690
Nice review Sly !
I agree with most of your points, and i am really glad knowing that seems you like S-EM6 better than EM6. About the treble, i did experience same to yours. At first, i thought this could be not my type at all, but then i realized that the treble is actually there, thin/soft but precised, appear when needed, and it sparks when it should - in a very smooth delicate ways ! 

Oct 16, 2013 at 8:55 AM Post #149 of 690
  Nice review Sly !
I agree with most of your points, and i am really glad knowing that seems you like S-EM6 better than EM6. About the treble, i did experience same to yours. At first, i thought this could be not my type at all, but then i realized that the treble is actually there, thin/soft but precised, appear when needed, and it sparks when it should - in a very smooth delicate ways ! 

Thank you muzic4life,

I really could not say better than you... it's exactly how I ear them.

if I preferm the S-EM6? Sound wise I'll say yes, by a little margin, of course... I don't know if ES tuned the S-EM6 differently, speaking about imaging but I feel a little difference between the two models.

Oct 16, 2013 at 9:07 AM Post #150 of 690
Actually i am listening to my S-EM6 right know using my Theorem, all i can tell is VERY yummy MIDS presentation. I never thought i could be this far loving this IEM honestly..hahaha...the MIDS is so well bodied, so intact, and the sound-image is excellent too...i feel like i am getting fully poisoned by the SQ right now ! 
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back