EarSonics S-EM6 & S-EM6v2 Six driver universal IEM
Apr 21, 2018 at 5:54 AM Post #676 of 690
The S-EM6v2 are way more refined, resolved, airier and neutral than the SM3V2. The latter are smoother but in tone, the S-EM6V2 being more transparent and precise, but remaining smooth all over the spectrum of the sound. The SEM3V2 are darker, sounding muffled in the mid-bass but conveying well emotion. The S-EM6V2 are more engaging, foot taping, while the sound signature is more neutral.

Thank you very much for the comparison. It's vary valuable help for me. I like the emphasized bass on the SM3V2 (which I wouldn't call it a bassy IEM), while I can imagine it could be more refined. How is the bass on the S-EM6V2? I'm definitely not a basshead, I just wouldn't like thin sound with no bass.

On the other hand, I've had another idea and it confused me: Purchasing a pair of used S-EM9s that is in very good/mint condition for approximately the price of a brand new pair of S-EM6v2s.... Would you advise me on that, too, please?

Apr 21, 2018 at 5:44 PM Post #677 of 690
The S-EM6v2's bass is much more neutral than the SM3v2 one, precise with a quicker attack.

The S-EM9 is like a S-EM6v2 big brother, with a bigger resolution and soundstage and also with a bolder bass and more sub bass. Nonetheless, it's not as smooth as the S-EM6v2 and even less than the SM3v2.

The Velvet v2 or the ES5 could be a better choice for your taste if you're a bit afraid to lack of bass deepness and smoothness.

Apr 29, 2018 at 2:08 PM Post #680 of 690
So the treble is very clean and extended, is it similar to the old reference for treble quality Etymotic ER4S?
I own 4S, 4SR, S-EM6 V2. To me the S-em6 V2 has the most detailed, clean and extended treble among these three. But Ety performs perfectly for a single driver IEM in that regard. Close.
They are very close tonality wise, in general.

Last edited:
May 21, 2018 at 3:09 PM Post #681 of 690
Wondering which of these Earsonics are an upgrade to the Havi B3 Pro 1s.

Frankly, I'm getting sick and tired of the SE846s shouting into my head, would definitely welcome a more spacious sounding IEM.
Slight musicality while sounding neutral, but for the most part still laid-back but clear across all frequency ranges so I can choose to lose myself in the immersion or nit-pick all instruments. Spaciousness is a must, of course.

Jun 4, 2018 at 12:12 PM Post #682 of 690
The best match so far to open up the 6 driver from ES!

2018-06-04 17-26-58.jpg

Nov 20, 2018 at 3:00 AM Post #684 of 690
Hello can someone compare S-EM6 and Andromeda??

and will S-EM6 be the perfect upgrade coming from SM64v2?? do they have a close sound sig/trait? Thanks in advance everyone
I've never listened the SM64 v2, but I have listened to the original SM64. The S-EM6 is quite different. It sounds very dark and warm so I recommend you to demo it before going for it.

Dec 26, 2018 at 5:38 AM Post #685 of 690
I've never listened the SM64 v2, but I have listened to the original SM64. The S-EM6 is quite different. It sounds very dark and warm so I recommend you to demo it before going for it.

S-EM6 - dark and warm
S-EM6 V2 - neutral and analytical

So these are abosulutelly different beasts, don't mix them up.

Feb 10, 2019 at 1:47 AM Post #687 of 690
Hello all,
Need to send the left shell for a replacement.
Can not get any answer from ES on the replacement cost - they just keep silence.
Does anobody know how much it can be? Any alternative email address to contact@earsonics.com?

To send or not to send will depend on the cost.
I know a local guy who can make a repair.

DSC_0187.jpg DSC_0185.jpg

Feb 10, 2019 at 1:50 AM Post #688 of 690
Hello all,
Need to send the left shell for a replacement.
Can not get any answer from ES on the replacement cost - they just keep silence.
Does anobody know how much it can be? Any alternative email address to contact@earsonics.com?

To send or not to send will depend on the cost.
I know a local guy who can make a repair.

Try:
sav@earsonics.com

I just had mine repaired. Needed two sockets replaced and it was $130 for both.

I think I sold you those :)

-Collin-

Feb 11, 2019 at 4:59 AM Post #690 of 690
Got the answer from ES - 150 Euro to remold one side if the electronics is ok inside.

P.S. Got them fixed now - happy again with the best ES product.)

1111.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back