earplug/iem custom
Aug 2, 2011 at 8:48 PM Post #3 of 16
Depending on your budget, there are lots of items that could do this for you. I believe as far as universal's is concerned the Etymotics Research HF2, HF3, HF5 and ER-4S all have very good sound isolation. |joker| has done a very indepth and helpful write up (Link here) on a lot of in-ear headphones that you could refer to. He's listed sound isolation as one of the key points, so pick something with a 4/5 for isolation or more and then go from there.

Otherwise you can go down the customs route which is more expensive, but taylored to your ear canals so will guarantee good isolation and also sound incredible. :D

Good luck.

Oh and once you start reading |Joker|'s thread... Sorry about your wallet...

Aug 2, 2011 at 10:41 PM Post #4 of 16
Let me clear up what I'm looking for. I would like something that I cam use as custom molds for my se-310s and them take out the se310s and use the molds with a filtered ear plug for work.

Aug 2, 2011 at 11:56 PM Post #5 of 16

Quote:
Let me clear up what I'm looking for. I would like something that I cam use as custom molds for my se-310s and them take out the se310s and use the molds with a filtered ear plug for work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acesi7

I may very well we way off target here, but would that mean if by themselves they are filtered when you put them on your se-310's wouldn't they muffle the sound?

I know JH make These, which might be close to something you are after, but they don't plug into any IEM's...
And Ultimate Ears version Here

Correction! Please see Joe's post below, they do make such an IEM. Genius really... haha

Aug 3, 2011 at 1:42 AM Post #6 of 16
While these solutions don't work with your SE310s, but many companies make musicians earplugs like these where you can insert an IEM or a filter, and there are various types of filters.

Aug 3, 2011 at 7:59 PM Post #9 of 16
1964 Ears can make your Shure's into custom iems and also make a set of custom musician's earplugs for you with the same set of audiologist's earmolds you send to them. That's pretty much perfect for you.

Aug 3, 2011 at 9:15 PM Post #10 of 16

Quote:
1964 Ears can make your Shure's into custom iems and also make a set of custom musician's earplugs for you with the same set of audiologist's earmolds you send to them. That's pretty much perfect for you.

so does Unique Melody and Kozee

Aug 4, 2011 at 6:32 PM Post #12 of 16
Doesn't seem like any of these have what I'm looking for so I am back to just looking for earplugs that are ideal for me. I just saw that kozee made some earplugs called rangers. They appear to eliminate everything, but the human voice. Has anyone tried these because that would be awesome if it worked well

Aug 5, 2011 at 8:15 PM Post #14 of 16
If you plan on buying from Kozee, be warned that they have very long waiting times. People who bought CIEM's from them waited 2-3 months after sending in their impressions to receive their goodies.

Similar products are the Westone and Etymotic custom earplugs. They pretty much use the same technology that reduces the sound levels equally at all frequencies so you hear stuff quieter but not muffled.
http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/erme.html
http://www.westonemusicproducts.com/hearing-protection-products/custom-fit-hearing-protection-products-1

More expensive but you get better customer service than Kozee.
Also... I personally don't think getting Se310's custom molded would be worth it. I have the Etymotic customs and I must say they are worth every penny. Whether I use them for music or in the workshop, I find that they are able to reduce noise levels without distorting sound.

http://www.etymotic.com/pro/ebp.html
Also worth mentioning are these Etymotic EB15 plugs. They are unique in the sense that they have a passive -15dB isolation, but have electronic circuitry inside that allows them to provide even more hearing protection when required, useful when working in noisy environments with sudden loud noises. They are not customs though and the Etymotic fit is either hit or miss in terms of comfort.

Aug 5, 2011 at 8:19 PM Post #15 of 16

Quote:

Sensaphonics can do the same, with the advantage of being made in medical grade soft-gel silicone, which can be important in long-wearing situations (like industrial shift work). They are also Shure's preferred vendor for custom sleeves.

Just sayin'...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back