Earpeace Livewires T1. A Detalied Review.
Sep 5, 2007 at 4:28 PM Post #76 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was getting worried that my impressions hadn't arrived at earpiece as I hadn't heard from the guys there, and I emailed today to ask if they could let me know when they arrive. I was making the mistake of tracking on the royalmail site, and I was getting it has been sent to USA and no update. So I check on here to pm you about it, and I noticed you used USPS, so I put it in the code and they were delivered on friday morning. I only sent them late tuesday afternoon. Have to admit, for the price of £5 that is superb delivery speed, as fast I have had with DHL, Fedex etc lol.

I was doing that when i sent my RS1s to Grado (which also arrived in 4 days). Things coming back the other way seem to take a little longer though
confused.gif

Sep 5, 2007 at 7:44 PM Post #77 of 140
I know the feeling I sent my MS-1's last Monday, they got there in 3 days from Seattle. I'm on day 10 or so. I sent a couple emails to check on status and I have not heard a peep
blink.gif

Sep 6, 2007 at 12:04 AM Post #78 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rav /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was doing that when i sent my RS1s to Grado (which also arrived in 4 days). Things coming back the other way seem to take a little longer though
confused.gif

Yep I had some cds the other day that took 10 days!!! I was worried customs had got hold of them. Usually it's 6-7 days from USA it seems for typical airmail, and sometimes 4-5 if lucky. I guess Airmail is quite a bit slower than international signed for, they reckon a day (but I think it's more like 2).

Speaking of customs/import I really do hope it's no more than £30. I accounted for that, because it's usually the VAT/Duty and then they charge you for their service (like we want their service) which is usually £15 I think. I think Stew reckoned about £16 which is extremely cheap. I paid about £35 for a tennis racket, and the value was only £90 and not £125. Has anyone else had a nasty surprise with Customs charges on these?

Sep 6, 2007 at 6:25 AM Post #79 of 140
Quote:

Yep I had some cds the other day that took 10 days!!! I was worried customs had got hold of them. Usually it's 6-7 days from USA it seems for typical airmail, and sometimes 4-5 if lucky. I guess Airmail is quite a bit slower than international signed for, they reckon a day (but I think it's more like 2).

Speaking of customs/import I really do hope it's no more than £30. I accounted for that, because it's usually the VAT/Duty and then they charge you for their service (like we want their service) which is usually £15 I think. I think Stew reckoned about £16 which is extremely cheap. I paid about £35 for a tennis racket, and the value was only £90 and not £125. Has anyone else had a nasty surprise with Customs charges on these?

Posted my impressions on the 29/08/07 and USPS confirms it attempted delivery on the 05/09/07. Of course no one is in the office at 8.17 in the morning so they'll have to collect it from the Post office.

Speaking of custom charges where/when do we pay this?

Sep 6, 2007 at 9:53 AM Post #80 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kosmic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Posted my impressions on the 29/08/07 and USPS confirms it attempted delivery on the 05/09/07. Of course no one is in the office at 8.17 in the morning so they'll have to collect it from the Post office.

Speaking of custom charges where/when do we pay this?

I paid on collection from the post office.

Sep 6, 2007 at 1:06 PM Post #81 of 140
Stew, did they attempt delivery beforehand? I know the special services either send you a bill a few weeks later (DHL) and UPS make you pay on the door when they deliver. But did the postman try to deliver first? Our local post office is a real pain in the ass, you often have to wait days to collect something (if you are not at home to sign).

Sep 7, 2007 at 4:50 PM Post #83 of 140
Hi Mr. Bateman,

We received your impressions in great condition and actually we've shipped
your completed Livewires to you yesterday. Have a great day.

Andrew

WOW!! This is faster than I could ever hope for, to have the impressions sent off only on the 28th and have them dispatched on the 6th, which is about 10 days! I'm happy they were such a great fast company, as I needed them for about the 25th (and I was expecting it to be tight).

How is your order going Rav, have they arrived yet?

Sep 7, 2007 at 5:13 PM Post #84 of 140
Quote:

Hi Mr. Bateman,

Andrew

WOW!! This is faster than I could ever hope for, to have the impressions sent off only on the 28th and have them dispatched on the 6th, which is about 10 days! I'm happy they were such a great fast company, as I needed them for about the 25th (and I was expecting it to be tight).

Woohoo! We want a full update when you receive them!

Sep 7, 2007 at 5:30 PM Post #85 of 140
Quote:

Hi Mr. Bateman,

Andrew

Shipped out on the 6th also
cool.gif

Sep 7, 2007 at 6:17 PM Post #88 of 140
man, this site really does suck.
here i am trying to tell myself that i am happy with my e5c....

dammit, at the moment i only get about 40 mins listening done a day with iems, and im still seriously considering these.

Sep 7, 2007 at 6:45 PM Post #89 of 140
LOL FALSE ALARM FOLKS!!

I thought it was odd rav having his sent out the same day as me:

They sent someone with a similar surname to myn, and not myn! They haven't done myn yet. But they are saying I will hopefully have them completed by next week, and then they will send.

Sep 10, 2007 at 9:16 AM Post #90 of 140
Great review. I enjoyed reading it. I wonder what types of armatures they use --- if they are the low end types featured in the UE Super.Fi 5 pro, or the high end types featured in the UE-5 (as well as the UE-7, UE-10, UE-11, and Triple.Fi). Even though they probably aren't the same as the ones UE or Shure uses, there should be low end and high end ones. It would be interesting to know which they use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back