Earpeace Livewires T1. A Detalied Review.
Oct 23, 2007 at 8:02 AM Post #136 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by nineohtoo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry. I forgot I meant to ask about hissing........but custom IEMs at this price are tempting.

Livewires don't hiss, unless you introduce hiss.

These are amazing for the price. I find I'm spending more time than I really should with them in my ears.
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 23, 2007 at 7:07 PM Post #137 of 140
I have no hiss problems with my Livewires connected direct to ipod or iRiver - nor through my RSA Tomahawk, iBasso D1, Meier Headsix, Headstage Lyrix, or my PenguinAmp Caffeine when set for low gain. My PenguinAmp Royal has no gain switch but is pretty quiet.

If I kick up the gain on any of the amps from low gain to high gain (which is for full cans or high impedance cans, not IEM), then sure, you will hear some hiss coming from the ipod being amplified.

My $40 JSeaber cmoy bass boost amp is always at a relatively high gain (only slightly less high with an optional gain switch installed). Having no volume control it will amplify the ipod hiss fully, even with ipod volume low. The Shure volume attentuator can take off a great deal of hiss, and still allow that amp to play loudly if you turn the ipod volume all the way up.

Earpeace aka Livewires will be offering a 50ohm inline resistor that reportedly improves the sound (which is already excellent) and lowers the tendency to hiss with higher gain levels.

Oct 30, 2008 at 3:10 PM Post #139 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Earpeace aka Livewires will be offering a 50ohm inline resistor that reportedly improves the sound (which is already excellent) and lowers the tendency to hiss with higher gain levels.

John personally told me that the 50ohm cable is recommended for poor sources like notebooks, and there is no reason to use with high quality outputs as it will affect the sq?
confused_face_2.gif

Oct 30, 2008 at 7:58 PM Post #140 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by precsmo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
John personally told me that the 50ohm cable is recommended for poor sources like notebooks, and there is no reason to use with high quality outputs as it will affect the sq?
confused_face_2.gif

A long while back, like around the big crash of 11/07 I guess, someone posted a review of the LW with various impedances - he found the 50 ohm number and liked it better than stock. I don't have any personal experience with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back