Earpeace Livewires T1. A Detalied Review.
Oct 3, 2007 at 11:14 PM Post #122 of 140
Yes, I did send them in Monday, and they got them Tuesday, so they hope to get them mailed back by Friday.

They took 13 days from time the got the impressions to time they shipped, and I had them on the 16th day (Saturday). I listened to them for 48 hours and moved them up to rank #1 of all my IEM's, then sent them back.

I'll have a new post today about another set of IEM that I listened to today that beat my SE500's; but they weren't mine, and they aren't for sale yet but they are VERY very close to being released. I got to listen to them at the manufacturer's place here in Colorado Springs (that should be a big hint). I was ordering some custom ear tips for my SE500's and was showing off my Tomahawk and iBasso D1, so they decided to show off a new earphone design to me, to listen to with the Iriver via optical out to the D1.

I can't compare them to the Livewires while they are being tweaked, but I did have my Shure SE500's with me to listen to before and after. Watch for more details in a new thread.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 4, 2007 at 5:32 AM Post #123 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by filipelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so headphone addict, you did send them back in?

I am still waiting to hear back from John regarding my livewires. Friday marks the 2 week period, so hopefully, they will be done by then!

21 days or so is the number to watch. I know it is long to wait. It was rough on me too.
blink.gif

Oct 18, 2007 at 9:22 AM Post #126 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by nineohtoo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone used this with an iPhone? I'll be purchasing an iPhone this week, and was planning on getting these for both the iPhone and Rockbox'd Nano. Thanks.

Dont forget to buy a headphone extension adaptor for the iphone as the plug on the livewires wont fit into the iphone.

Oct 18, 2007 at 2:51 PM Post #127 of 140
I use the iphone too and as much as i hate the ibuds, i really like the convenience of play/pause and skip to next song on mic button. I was wondering if it's possible to mod the ibuds to have the livewire's gold connector at the end to use with livewires.

Similar to this but instead of the marshmallows, i'll use the gold end of the livewire cord. Might be worth a try since i'm assuming that the cord isn't too expensive.

http://www.engadget.com/2007/07/05/d...d-replacement/

Oct 18, 2007 at 4:40 PM Post #128 of 140
Keep forgetting about the stoopid headphone jack - normally with any other DAP the question would have been referring to the sound and hiss or no hiss, not about a headphone jack. What was Apple thinking
mad.gif

Oct 18, 2007 at 8:54 PM Post #129 of 140
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew of any other accessory that acts like shures PTH (push to hear) mic.

I want something exactly the same but without the use of the AAA battery, and preferably something smaller. I have been searching for hours and cannot believe there is nothing on the market. There are lots for mobile phones which pic up calls, but thats not what I want.

Any suggestions would be great, because I just ordered some livewires and don't want to have to be pulling them out every two seconds when there is an announcement on the train. A simple switch to change from earphone to mic is what I want.

Thanks
Steph

Oct 19, 2007 at 9:35 AM Post #130 of 140
frown.gif
Quote:

Originally Posted by Steph86 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew of any other accessory that acts like shures PTH (push to hear) mic.

I want something exactly the same but without the use of the AAA battery, and preferably something smaller. I have been searching for hours and cannot believe there is nothing on the market. There are lots for mobile phones which pic up calls, but thats not what I want.

Any suggestions would be great, because I just ordered some livewires and don't want to have to be pulling them out every two seconds when there is an announcement on the train. A simple switch to change from earphone to mic is what I want.

Thanks
Steph

I dont think there is one at the minute.
frown.gif

Oct 20, 2007 at 7:01 AM Post #131 of 140
Got them back today from their second trip back. (10 days)

It looks like they completely remade my Livewires the second time, using my new impressions from last Wednesday (I used overnight). They fit perfectly, sound wonderful. Ahhhh....

Every issue with loose fit is gone. They seal perfectly the first time I pop them in, isolate fntastically, and I almost hurt my face trying to twist it and make a cheshire cat grin to get the seal to break like before, but I can't do it. THEY ARE PERFECT!

WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I really enjoyed my Denon C700 while LW were being redone and while SE500's are at Shure with a broken nozzle, but the LW sound is as close to what I remember about the Westone 3 as it can be. That is a good thing.

Oct 20, 2007 at 4:24 PM Post #132 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got them back today from their second trip back. (10 days)

It looks like they completely remade my Livewires the second time, using my new impressions from last Wednesday (I used overnight). They fit perfectly, sound wonderful. Ahhhh....

Every issue with loose fit is gone. They seal perfectly the first time I pop them in, isolate fntastically, and I almost hurt my face trying to twist it and make a cheshire cat grin to get the seal to break like before, but I can't do it. THEY ARE PERFECT!

WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I really enjoyed my Denon C700 while LW were being redone and while SE500's are at Shure with a broken nozzle, but the LW sound is as close to what I remember about the Westone 3 as it can be. That is a good thing.

Glad to hear you got them sorted.

Welcome to livewires as there supposed to be
etysmile.gif

Oct 20, 2007 at 11:22 PM Post #133 of 140
Damn you all for ruining my budget!
smily_headphones1.gif

I've been very happy with my K701's. Last week however I started to play with the idea of going portable...

Since I have ordered a used pair er6i's which hopefully will arrive sometime next week. But - as always - I'm already thinking of going deeper... These LW sure sounds like a perfect option. SQ, comfort, isolation... ME WANTS!
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 22, 2007 at 8:36 PM Post #134 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by Steph86 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,

Livewires Push To Hear accessory.
cool.gif

Oct 23, 2007 at 7:42 AM Post #135 of 140
Sorry. I forgot I meant to ask about hissing. I'm using the Shure MPA with my modded marshmallows, which isolate fine, have bass like DT770s or my car, but have slightly recessed mids. I'm completely happy with them since most of my critical listening is through my CD player and full sized headphones anyways, but custom IEMs at this price are tempting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back