***Earbud Guide - 22 Earbuds compared***
Feb 13, 2012 at 6:26 AM Post #422 of 611

Quote:
I am organizing a group buy for the BLOX M2C.  The price shipped in the US will be approximately $35 (~25% off) and I should have them in 2-3 weeks.  PM me if you are interested.

Thank's for asking me, but I've already got a pair. Next I want to check out the Hisoundaudio earbuds...

Feb 13, 2012 at 11:42 AM Post #423 of 611
Out of curiosity, I'd like to see how those iCruds score. (for reference purposes, not because I actually use mine)

That being said, really appreciate the thread, even though I'm not much of an earbud person.

Feb 13, 2012 at 12:13 PM Post #424 of 611

Quote:
Would love to see a more focused review on the three Hisound products.

I am going to do just that!  The Paa1, the Paa1 Pro and the Living will have their own thread with a more detailed analysis once I can get my hands on the Pro version.  As for the iBuds, I really hated them and I never planned to do a review on them.  However, if I stumble across one for cheap I will include it in this thread :)

Feb 13, 2012 at 9:41 PM Post #427 of 611
Listening to the PAA-1 right now.

Soundstage is airy, wide, but it's like a straight line.  Warm sounding, perhaps too much midbass.  Uppermids and highs can be harsh at times.  Well, I only paid $15 for them, hopefully these burn in well :p

Feb 16, 2012 at 6:54 PM Post #428 of 611
LOL ...@ Swb   He must of been smoking something when he reviewed the PAA1's:) 

Yes they are $20, but no way do these compare to M2Cs ....

I feel like I am listening to a mono MP3 file in stereo
dt880smile.png

To be fair I just got them, hopefully with some burn in they will get better .....

Feb 16, 2012 at 7:19 PM Post #429 of 611
Either your Paa1 is busted or your ears are, so lol right back at you. :D   Mono sound from the Paa1?  This really makes me afraid for your ears.  Jack put excellent drivers in all of his earbuds, none of them sound monoish and especially not the Paa1 due to it being the most smooth, relaxed and colored of all the hisound buds. The paa1 and pro models are colored, the rest of the lineup are dry and analytical.   <3  

Paa1 - Moderately bassy, recessed mid range with great clarity for the price, lack luster average highs, excellent stage width and height, average depth
Pro - Heavy Bass, wider mid range with again yet more clarity slightly better than the M2C, good high extension, same stage, better depth
Live - Bass light, airy mids, airy highs, excellent clarity, very good depth in stage, wider and taller stage
Living - A step or two up from everything in the living, dry sound, best depth and airy spacious feel in any earbud Ive ever owned.  Makes the M2C sound muffled and muddy.  A mini AKG K701, very similar presentation and setup but in a smaller stage.

I didn't really notice much of a change after 50 hours or so.  Then again, I do not have more than 60 or so hours and companies like Blox say give it 100 hours to equalize.  So, I am interested in knowing what you feel about them in the near future.  Seriously, mono sound?  Thats not a good sign man.

If you feel so strongly about the Paa1 not being decent, I hate to think what you are going to say about my up comming Paa1 Pro Review  :D

Feb 16, 2012 at 7:55 PM Post #430 of 611
Ear's not busted, since we both had the same impression's of the M2Cs :)  And you know I like them.

To be fair to Jack and with complete disclosure he sent me the PAA1s and Live to try out and review.

And these are just 1st impressions just right out of the box.

The Live earphones on the other hand, a lot more what I had expected.

I will say out of all the earbuds I have owned, I love the feel from the PAA1 earbud shell.  Better than anything from BLOX, Yuin or Sunrise. Very good quality there, does not feel cheap.

I will give it time and hopefully things will improve with the PAA1s...Live, on the other hand are of to good start.  It will be interesting to see how my impressions are in a few weeks time.

Feb 16, 2012 at 10:40 PM Post #431 of 611
The white PAA-1s?  Yeah build quality on the housing feels very nice.  Probably because of that glossy layer.

I have a pair of burned in Livings coming in next week thanks to tomscy2000.  Hope they sound great!

Oh yeah, about the PAA-1, I think that mono'ish sound you're getting is probably the mids?  It's probably because of the soundstage, makes vocals sound kind of artificial.

Feb 17, 2012 at 11:10 AM Post #432 of 611
D7,

Jack sent me the Black PAA1s, The shell reminds me of Digizoid ZO2.  It's a soft rubber/silky feel. Just feels nice in your hand.

As for the Live earbuds, so far so good. Makes me wonder if the $30-50 price jump is worth it for the Livings.  I won't say too much yet, but these are on par to be excellent earphones..

Feb 17, 2012 at 12:25 PM Post #433 of 611

I heard the differences were just cosmetic, not quite sure though.
Quote:
D7,

Jack sent me the Black PAA1s, The shell reminds me of Digizoid ZO2.  It's a soft rubber/silky feel. Just feels nice in your hand.

As for the Live earbuds, so far so good. Makes me wonder if the $30-50 price jump is worth it for the Livings.  I won't say too much yet, but these are on par to be excellent earphones..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back