***Earbud Guide - 22 Earbuds compared***
Sep 12, 2011 at 7:57 PM Post #335 of 611
Great roundup!

This really helped me decide on a new set - 9wave NW-Studio. My ~10 year old Sony MDR-E888's decided to fall apart. I plan on fixing them but decided it was time for another earbud. I decided to try the 9wave's based on this roundup. I've had them for an hour and I really think these were a good choice for soundstage and a crisp feel to the sound without any harshness (obviously I'm not an audiophile, I just visit head-fi every few years when I have money burning a hole in my pocket 
k701smile.gif
).

They also have a much smaller stem area which gave me problems with the Senn 581's. I can't wait to try these with my headphone amp at work. Of course, now I'm wondering if I should think about the Blox M2C's as well. I seem to be using earbuds more these days because at work I can still hear what's around me and there's little leakage at the volumes that I listen. And sometimes I just don't want to wear or carry headphones. I must have money burning a hole in my pocket...

Sep 15, 2011 at 2:13 PM Post #336 of 611
the 888 is one of few I've never gotten the chance to hear, I'm sorry I cannot comment on it :wink:

Both sets are pretty amazing, this is really hard to call.  All I can say is I hope the Blox holds up for another 10 months worth of abuse like my 9wave did.  I feel both sets are blood brothers and exist on opposite sides of the same road.  If you want a better low end and vocal experience, get the Blox.  If you want a better high end and staging, get the 9wave.  Think of the Blox M2C has the brother who went to an expensive music college and happens to be great at every genre and instrument, and the 9wave as its twin brother who is a genius at classical music and jazz and struggles to understand everything else. 

Sep 19, 2011 at 5:02 PM Post #337 of 611
Hi, i'm new! 
wink_face.gif

I begin by saying that I hate in-ear headphones
I was born with earbuds and want to stay with earbuds!

I bought about 5 months ago, the AKG 317.
Now no longer work as before, because the cable is damaged given the poor quality materials which have been built ...

I would like to buy new earphones, you definitely recommended the "Blox M2C"?
I would't spend much than 40-45$, can i only buy the "Blox M2C" from the Official Site?
Blox M2C are a lot better than the AKG 317 ?

Thanks, and sorry for my orrible english but i'm Italian!
tongue.gif

Sep 28, 2011 at 2:08 PM Post #340 of 611
Interesting roundup of earbuds! I haven't had much interest in earbuds but since I received a Hisoundaudio Studio DAP which included a pair of PAA-1 earbuds I have been very surprised with how good they sound. 

If the OP ever gets a chance to get his hands on them I recommend them for this thread. Some members of our danish head-fi community says the PAA-1 is better than the PK-1. 

Sep 28, 2011 at 5:45 PM Post #341 of 611

Quote:
Interesting roundup of earbuds! I haven't had much interest in earbuds but since I received a Hisoundaudio Studio DAP which included a pair of PAA-1 earbuds I have been very surprised with how good they sound. 

If the OP ever gets a chance to get his hands on them I recommend them for this thread. Some members of our danish head-fi community says the PAA-1 is better than the PK-1. 

wow! that's quite the claim. I'd like to hear them!

Sep 28, 2011 at 8:41 PM Post #342 of 611
I sent a email to Hisoundaudio to check on the price of the PAA-1 earbuds, but tbh I am still very much enjoying the Blox M2Cs.  I am enjoying them so much I have not gone back to the PK2s to compare them.

Sep 28, 2011 at 10:59 PM Post #343 of 611

Very interesting .... from the email reply.

"the price of PAA-1  is USD 19, The express shipping fee is USD 30.
slow shipping is USD 10 BY Hongkong post

I recemmend you to consider the PAA-1 pro or Living If you prefer the earbuds.

The price of PAA-1 pro is USD 49, The Living is USD 149. The shipping
fee is the same. If you buy Ling , we can take over the shipping fee
for you"

Sep 29, 2011 at 12:55 AM Post #344 of 611

Quote:
Very interesting .... from the email reply.

"the price of PAA-1  is USD 19, The express shipping fee is USD 30.slow shipping is USD 10 BY Hongkong postI recemmend you to consider the PAA-1 pro or Living If you prefer the earbuds.The price of PAA-1 pro is USD 49, The Living is USD 149. The shippingfee is the same. If you buy Ling , we can take over the shipping feefor you"

The guys from our danish site also has tried the Living and the Pro. He still says the PAA-1 is a wonder and the best sound. The price-difference would indicate the opposite but to my ears the PAA-1 sounds much better than its price and is on par with Band & Olufsen A8. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back