***Earbud Guide - 22 Earbuds compared***
Dec 2, 2011 at 7:55 AM Post #361 of 611
Can you give some initial impressions of the Aurvana Air?  I actually looked for them on Amazon recently and I guess they are no longer offered by anyone.  Strange. 

Quote:
No doubt
Listened to MX980 the other day, not quite as impressive as the price tag has suggested (Sennheiser showroom so it is MSRP). I were planning to get it but it was out of stock (and I repeat again, "Sennheiser showroom", as in the one that run by their Asian HQ in Singapore). I ended up went to next door (which is Creative showroom) and picked up a pair of Creative Aurvana Air as it is half of its original price now - have no regret whatsoever and actually rather glad I bought Aurvana Air instead of MX980.

Dec 2, 2011 at 11:18 AM Post #362 of 611
Can you give some initial impressions of the Aurvana Air?  I actually looked for them on Amazon recently and I guess they are no longer offered by anyone.  Strange. 

Aurvana Air reminds me of Audio Technica earbuds (the old CM series) - lean, neutral, detail, and airy with a really good soundstage. It doesn't have anywhere near to best of bass but it has really good speed and impact. It is the kind of earbuds that makes acoustic, instrument and classical sounds really good.

Aurvana Air was never quite a popular earbuds because Creative set the MSRP too high ($250~$300 IIRC). The current price drop ($99) is typical of the company trying to make a quick buck to clean out stock, which also makes the not-quite-popular earbuds becomes even rarer - that is unless you are in Singapore where the stock is always plenty as most of the local doesn't want to buy local.

Dec 2, 2011 at 11:21 AM Post #363 of 611
Anyone please enlighten me on this BX III, never heard of it, just got a pair of tm5 off sales forum

There is nothing much to say about BX III at the moment except it is still in prototype stage. For what I know, Blox has not set a release date yet, nor in the rush to do so.

Dec 2, 2011 at 12:17 PM Post #365 of 611
There is nothing much to say about BX III at the moment except it is still in prototype stage. For what I know, Blox has not set a release date yet, nor in the rush to do so.

I still think the BXIII could be better though... Then again we're talking about something at its prototype stage, so ya. Haveta wait and see how it does.

where can we get blox m2c for $29? it's stated $40 + shipping in their website for end user

Meet the MOQ of 5, and you'll get it for about 29USD per piece. lol. It's out of stock now btw I think.

ADD: Yea, the housing is larger than the PK3. Providing a very snug fit for my ears.

Dec 2, 2011 at 1:58 PM Post #366 of 611

Quote:
No doubt
Listened to MX980 the other day, not quite as impressive as the price tag has suggested (Sennheiser showroom so it is MSRP). I were planning to get it but it was out of stock (and I repeat again, "Sennheiser showroom", as in the one that run by their Asian HQ in Singapore). I ended up went to next door (which is Creative showroom) and picked up a pair of Creative Aurvana Air as it is half of its original price now - have no regret whatsoever and actually rather glad I bought Aurvana Air instead of MX980.

not quite as impressive compared to? i still find the mx980 to be the best compared to aurvana air,cm707,aiwa d9,sony e484,etc

Dec 2, 2011 at 7:18 PM Post #367 of 611

Quote:

Have you listened to the BX III?  I know that there two models, one is a much improved version of m2c which they are holding off to wait the right release date, the other is the flagship I have been waiting for a year now, supposedly the fastest earphone Woo has ever heard, I think the development is over for some time, they have been trying to figure out how mass produce with no success (for probably already half a year). I assume you were talking about the later?

Dec 2, 2011 at 9:16 PM Post #368 of 611
Have you listened to the BX III?  I know that there two models, one is a much improved version of m2c which they are holding off to wait the right release date, the other is the flagship I have been waiting for a year now, supposedly the fastest earphone Woo has ever heard, I think the development is over for some time, they have been trying to figure out how mass produce with no success (for probably already half a year). I assume you were talking about the later?

The BX III is not their flagship. :)

Dec 2, 2011 at 9:42 PM Post #369 of 611
not quite as impressive compared to? i still find the mx980 to be the best compared to aurvana air,cm707,aiwa d9,sony e484,etc

As said before, "not quite as impressive as the price tag has suggested". MX980 is sold for $250 here in the local market (though Sennheiser doesn't seem to stock it anyway), and that is significantly higher than any other comparable earbuds. I got the Creative Aurvana Air for $70 and I can't say MX980 is 3 times better. In fact, I won't even call MX980 as twice as good.

I don't know which it is (didn't follow the Blox thread), but I have listened to the BX III prototype and it is really something else all together.

Dec 2, 2011 at 10:21 PM Post #370 of 611

Quote:
As said before, "not quite as impressive as the price tag has suggested". MX980 is sold for $250 here in the local market (though Sennheiser doesn't seem to stock it anyway), and that is significantly higher than any other comparable earbuds. I got the Creative Aurvana Air for $70 and I can't say MX980 is 3 times better. In fact, I won't even call MX980 as twice as good.
I don't know which it is (didn't follow the Blox thread), but I have listened to the BX III prototype and it is really something else all together.

If it uses the same shell as m2c then it isn't the flagship. How do BXIII compare to mx980 and good iems like re272?

Anyone listened to the BXIII? time to come out.

Dec 2, 2011 at 11:18 PM Post #371 of 611
I don't want to go by my memory for the comparison to MX980, but suffice to say the BX III prototype I listen to is one of the best earbuds I have listened.

Dec 7, 2011 at 3:29 PM Post #372 of 611
Got the Blox M2C and out of the box it sounds really nice! A smooth and expansive sound that probably will improve with use. They sound fuller but less detailed than my ATH CM700TI. I get a feeling that the M2C are somewhat veiled, but hopefully that veil will become reduced with use.

I also got an oldie, Sony MDR E464, together with an old Sony Discman. The E464 sound very good for being about 20 years old! Very balanced and a nice expansive soundstage. With foams they've got plenty of bass response. I'm slowly becoming more and more interested in old Sony and Aiwa earbuds. A slippery slope it is indeed...

By the way, this homepage is in Japanese, but it's still interesting if you're a head- and earphone nerd since old models from many Japanese and some European and American companies are features.

Dec 7, 2011 at 5:03 PM Post #373 of 611
Hello there head-fi members! BTW it is my first post here. As I am earbuds lover want to ask a question on what to choose Blox M2C or BlueEverBlue Black Buds 328R. For my country the price with shipping is the same. So the question will be what earbuds of those two will have the best SQ, balance, soundstage, separation, and extension. I am planning to pair them with rockboxed Sansa Clip + for portable and workout usage. Off course i am asking about these earbuds maximum capabilities that can be achieved by heavy burn-in if necessary.

P.S. I've heard the user named kanonathena obtained a very impressive result burning in his M2C for 500Hr. But on the opposite side there are many good reviews on 328R as well.

Dec 7, 2011 at 6:29 PM Post #375 of 611

Quote:
The blox is much nicer

Thanks for your answer. But do anyone know something about upcoming BX III. Its MSRP and how it is compared to M2C? Will M2C be discontinued? And will be more than one model at a time like mainstream and flagship and with what price? I mean is there a good sense to wait a little for the descendant of the M2C or a killer flagship?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back