***Earbud Guide - 22 Earbuds compared***
Aug 20, 2011 at 4:57 PM Post #303 of 611

Quote:

I would love to buy a pair, but the one you are selling is pretty expensive.

Here you can get them cheaper than you have them :frowning2:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-OMX-980-High-Fidelity-Metal-Crafted/dp/B0035JKJ86

oh my.. thanks for the heads up.. the price on these has clearly gone way down.. I will change my thread to reflect the huge amount of money I am going to lose when selling these ;-(

seriously though.. lowering the price now.. feel free to make me an offer...   bloody hell.. I got mine for a steal at the time and paid $270!!!

EDIT:::  wow did i screw that up.. no wonder these things didnt sell.. i had thought i had paid way more for these than i really did.. and that i was selling them at a drastically reduced price already..   why didnt anybody PM me and tell me!!  dang.. well anyway.. lowering the price now

Aug 21, 2011 at 8:22 PM Post #306 of 611

Quote:
Thanks for the great review. My friend has trouble with IEMs that go into your canal so I think the Yuin PK3 is a great option for him. 

In all honesty.. I'd recommend the BeB's over the PK3's.. They are cheaper and they sound a bit better in a lot of peoples opinions.. the sound is really close, but I definitely give a slight edge to the Blue Ever Blue "Black Buds"

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Buds-HDSS%C2%AE-Earbuds/dp/B005340N5K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1313972461&sr=8-1

the build quality on both the PK3's and the BEB's is pretty meh. Also consider the Senn Mx580.. Very tempting for the price and warranty. I should have a chance to listen to them soon. some people prefer them drastically over the PK3's while others do not. 

Aug 22, 2011 at 11:26 AM Post #307 of 611
You have incredibly high prices in the USA. I purchase my MX980 in Poland for 90$ (100% original)

I still think that PK1 is better than the MX980. PK1 need a VERY strong source / amplifier. 
On my portable set (Touch 4G -> DIY Silver LOD -> GoVibe Martini) PK1 sound better than MX980 (i listen Rock, Jazz and Hip-Hop music).

Aug 22, 2011 at 2:10 PM Post #308 of 611

Quote:
You have incredibly high prices in the USA. I purchase my MX980 in Poland for 90$ (100% original)

I still think that PK1 is better than the MX980. PK1 need a VERY strong source / amplifier. 
On my portable set (Touch 4G -> DIY Silver LOD -> GoVibe Martini) PK1 sound better than MX980 (i listen Rock, Jazz and Hip-Hop music).

Considering overseas import fees, the MX980 is priced accordingly here just like something made here would be more expensive where you live.  I believe the PK1 are better for rock, jazz and rap...but they do not sound better in terms of quality. 

Aug 22, 2011 at 2:49 PM Post #309 of 611

Quote:

Refer to my previous post. The PK1 is NOT better. If you think the PK1 needs a better source and amplifier than an Anedio D1, you're being very silly.

Aug 23, 2011 at 6:21 AM Post #310 of 611

Quote:
Originally Posted by swbf2cheater /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Considering overseas import fees, the MX980 is priced accordingly here just like something made here would be more expensive where you live.

The guy lives in Poland. The MX980 si made in China, so shipping to US or EU makes no difference.

Aug 24, 2011 at 12:43 AM Post #312 of 611
It's hard to believe the MX980s are better then the PK1s.   I'm still using the PK2s after 8 months of nearly daily usage and I have no complaints about them.  MX980s are a lot better sounding, but I asked myself is the sound worth $100 more, I thought maybe but the deal breaker for me was the design of the MX980s.    PK1s are next on my list and the only reason they are is the PK2s once really broken in give of a nice warm mature sound.  I respect swbf2cheater's opinion but I do not think he gave the PK2's a chance to be broken in.   I might consider let him borrow mine and I'm nearly sure he will think different lol :)   ...... I just find it hard to believe that the MX980s are far more superior then the PK1's paired with a good amp. 

Aug 24, 2011 at 12:59 AM Post #313 of 611

Quote:
It's hard to believe the MX980s are better then the PK1s.   I'm still using the PK2s after 8 months of nearly daily usage and I have no complaints about them.  MX980s are a lot better sounding, but I asked myself is the sound worth $100 more, I thought maybe but the deal breaker for me was the design of the MX980s.    PK1s are next on my list and the only reason they are is the PK2s once really broken in give of a nice warm mature sound.  I respect swbf2cheater's opinion but I do not think he gave the PK2's a chance to be broken in.   I might consider let him borrow mine and I'm nearly sure he will think different lol :)   ...... I just find it hard to believe that the MX980s are far more superior then the PK1's paired with a good amp. 

Why would you get the PK1s instead of the MX980 when it's just $10 cheaper than the MX980 and much worse overall? My impression.

Aug 24, 2011 at 1:49 AM Post #315 of 611

Quote:

Exactly, I don't have mx980, but yuin buds need about 1000 hours burn-in. I am still burning my ok2 and it sounds very refined and smooth, totally worth the price. kostalex said ok2 is close to pk1 and from memory aside from micro details and soundstage, ok2 is even with tm5.

If you want to upgrade from pk2, you could have a look at ok2 or wait for the new blox flagship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back