E10 vs AM-90 vs GR02 vs GR99 vs Trident
Jul 25, 2012 at 9:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Hotheads

New Head-Fier
Im deciding to get new earphones but Im having a really really hard time deciding which, so may i know which is the best (and why)?

1. Soundmagic E10
2. Astrotec AM-90
3. VSonic GR02 (bass edition)
4. VSonic GR99
5. Dunu Trident

Jul 25, 2012 at 6:00 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:
Im deciding to get new earphones but Im having a really really hard time deciding which, so may i know which is the best (and why)?

1. Soundmagic E10
2. Astrotec AM-90
3. VSonic GR02 (bass edition)
4. VSonic GR99
5. Dunu Trident

The E10 is close to the same sound as the GR99, the GR02 being the best you have listed.
The Astrotec is a BA, and has a Bass light, with top end roll off..A very (you have to like it) sound.
The Trident, not a fan. it's ok, but not enough sparkle- it reminds me of a bassy Am radio, but not good Bass.
The GR 02 is my pick for sure-followed REALLY close to the GR99
The 02 being a bit more balanced while the GR99 has more sub-bass punch. The sound of both are very close (Vsonic house sound) but the GR02 is a tad cleaner in the mids and highs. I think you'll be happy with either model of the Vsonics. The GR02 I like better then the GR06, and that's saying a lot, as the GR06 is HIGHLY liked here...

Jul 26, 2012 at 5:04 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:
The E10 is close to the same sound as the GR99, the GR02 being the best you have listed.
The Astrotec is a BA, and has a Bass light, with top end roll off..A very (you have to like it) sound.
The Trident, not a fan. it's ok, but not enough sparkle- it reminds me of a bassy Am radio, but not good Bass.
The GR 02 is my pick for sure-followed REALLY close to the GR99
The 02 being a bit more balanced while the GR99 has more sub-bass punch. The sound of both are very close (Vsonic house sound) but the GR02 is a tad cleaner in the mids and highs. I think you'll be happy with either model of the Vsonics. The GR02 I like better then the GR06, and that's saying a lot, as the GR06 is HIGHLY liked here...

So is it worth spending $11 more for the GR02 (GR02:$46, GR99:$35) since they are both very close in sound? and is the gr02 more durable than the gr99, like the earphone wire for example?

Jul 27, 2012 at 6:41 AM Post #5 of 6
From that list, which one is the best for classical music like Mozart , Chopin , Tchaikovsky (solo piano and Concerto) ?

And which one is better (for classical music) Vsonic GR 02 bass edition or the standard one?

Or maybe any better IEM (for classical music) with the similar price range ?

thankss

Users who are viewing this thread

Back