DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Apr 29, 2016 at 3:21 AM Post #13,546 of 14,084
I had skipped 2 for observation of responsing human purposes, sorry.
6) According to the recomendations of ESS, double dac wouldn't give any perfomance feedback, considering architecture specifics of sabre. But the way to reach perfectly low crosstalk which could be really noticable is to enable Balanced output, at least for lineout, so why did iBasso didn't do that? I can't understand.

Apr 29, 2016 at 3:22 AM Post #13,547 of 14,084
really curious about question number 2............
wink_face.gif

May 1, 2016 at 3:08 PM Post #13,548 of 14,084
We are working on a FW release for the DX90 and DX50. I don't have a date but it is an active update.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
May 2, 2016 at 11:42 AM Post #13,551 of 14,084
May 2, 2016 at 9:10 PM Post #13,554 of 14,084
Thank, i have installed this version and will report any bugs found in this frameware, thank.

I look forward to your report.

Honestly, if it would stop cutting off the last long of an directory, I'd call it a win.

May 3, 2016 at 2:15 AM Post #13,555 of 14,084
if it would stop cutting off the last long of an directory, I'd call it a win.
It does not, because I don't have the source code and can't fix bugs. Read the disclaimer of my firmware builds. Actually, when I was listening it yesterday before publishing, the cut off happened twice.

May 3, 2016 at 4:49 PM Post #13,557 of 14,084
It does not, because I don't have the source code and can't fix bugs. Read the disclaimer of my firmware builds. Actually, when I was listening it yesterday before publishing, the cut off happened twice.

Since day 1, I have used my DAP with 64gb Sandisk micro sd and I've never had cut off issues during playback so far 
smily_headphones1.gif

A few days ago, I received a new Patriot 128gb micro sd and and tried it in my DAP, format to Fat32, rescan library and.. unfortunately I had some fadeout/cutoff/fadein issues during playback 
triportsad.gif
 OMG
Well maybe I left some files in my music files.. I only noticed 5 txt files I forgot to delete. OK. I deleted all files in the internal storage to be sure. OK
>> Still some cut off during playback... I also thought that the micro sd was faulty but everything is okay after speed tests.

Then today I tried everything I could
- Clean all connectors 
biggrin.gif

- Change battery
- Load old firmware then load new firmware properly with factory reset after deleting the update file in internal storage
- Delete album_img files then manually rescan library
- Turn off DAP, insert micro sd, turn on, manually rescan library, turn off
>> Still cut off issues 
confused_face.gif
, very disappointed

Then after all this I did something maybe weird. I rescan library during playback and... it worked.. 
beyersmile.png

I noticed no cut off for now. I will continue auditioning the upcoming days if it lasts.
Well it's a pretty weird remedy but maybe it can help some owners if it works for you.

Btw, Lurker's 2.4.0 L1 works with no problems, pretty cool to have the ultimate clean up, even though I can't tell if something has improved by now.. 
I have a full Russian mod DX90, Migel mod + Lurker firmware and it rocks for what it is, a pocket friendly mid-range level DAP.
Thank you guys
beerchug.gif

May 3, 2016 at 6:23 PM Post #13,558 of 14,084

Thank you Lurker0 for the firmwares! Great job!

Any chance you played around with the buffer length? iBasso set it at 1000ms starting 2.1.8, You originally set it at 200ms. 
Maybe 1000ms is too long?

May 3, 2016 at 6:26 PM Post #13,559 of 14,084
May 5, 2016 at 4:42 PM Post #13,560 of 14,084
I am still cool with 2.2.0. Any reason to change? That's still the warmest signature, right? Pretty happy with the sound. Don't need any more detail. I really like the speed and separation and bass clarity of 2.2.0. Haven't tried anything else, but every time I read about another firmware it seemed that they were all brighter than 2.2.0. I have let go of the DAC dreams for my MacBook Pro. I can use my emotiva if I really need to. So... Anyone compare 2.2.0 with the latest? Or with any of the other updates?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back