DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Apr 11, 2016 at 12:22 AM Post #13,531 of 14,084
Barring that, does anyone here know if there is anything I can to do try to troubleshoot this myself
Anybody with soldering skills can fix it. To re-solder the connector, you only need to unscrew and open the back cover.

Apr 11, 2016 at 6:51 PM Post #13,532 of 14,084
Having a problem with trying to update to 2.4LO.  I have used winzip to extract, but it's telling me there's no software to open the update.img file.  When I try to open the update.img file that I finally downloaded using the "extract with..." option, it gives me the message that it can't be opened because there's no software.  I Have always been able to open these in the past.   I'd appreciate hearing from anyone who may have tips on troubleshooting this?

Apr 11, 2016 at 7:13 PM Post #13,533 of 14,084
  Having a problem with trying to update to 2.4LO.  I have used winzip to extract, but it's telling me there's no software to open the update.img file.  When I try to open the update.img file that I finally downloaded using the "extract with..." option, it gives me the message that it can't be opened because there's no software.  I Have always been able to open these in the past.   I'd appreciate hearing from anyone who may have tips on troubleshooting this?

You don't decompress the img file. Remove the memory card. Perform a factory reset. Connect the DX90 in storage mode. Copy the img file to the root of the DX90's internal memory. Perform the update. Perform a factory reset.

Then go back to 2.2.0. :)

Apr 11, 2016 at 11:30 PM Post #13,534 of 14,084
Anybody with soldering skills can fix it. To re-solder the connector, you only need to unscrew and open the back cover.

I don't have those skills. I have a couple of questions for you, if you don't mind.

1) Is there anything besides a severed connection that is likely to cause this problem?

2) Could you please briefly describe to me what I'm looking for if I open my DX90 to get visual confirmation?

Apr 12, 2016 at 2:11 PM Post #13,536 of 14,084
  I don't have those skills. I have a couple of questions for you, if you don't mind.

1) Is there anything besides a severed connection that is likely to cause this problem?

2) Could you please briefly describe to me what I'm looking for if I open my DX90 to get visual confirmation?

I have the same problem as you, but with the headphone jack. Unless I push and hold the headphone plug in a certain direction, the left channel is off.
Since my DX90's warranty has expired I decided to give it a go and try opening it. Here you can see the headphone and the line out jacks. I couldn't see any bad solder points so I guess in my case the problem is inside the headphone jack component. I assume I would have to desolder it and solder a new component.

Apr 12, 2016 at 2:20 PM Post #13,537 of 14,084
I couldn't see any bad solder points so I guess in my case the problem is inside the headphone jack component. I assume I would have to desolder it and solder a new component.
Usually it is very thin crack, hard to see. It's enough to clean it with desoldering braid, tin and solder back.

Apr 12, 2016 at 2:34 PM Post #13,538 of 14,084
I have repaired a couple of those. Not hard but yes, it is hard to see the solder fracture. I resolver all the tabs and put a dab of super glue under the socket so it is totally stabilized but good solder on all the tabs should do it fine. Slowly raise the cap by the headphone socket and do the tab under it. 

Apr 23, 2016 at 4:57 PM Post #13,539 of 14,084
iBasso's 2.4 firmware sounds nice, but it keeps cutting off the audio at the end of the last track with my mp3s. Switching back to Lurker's 2.2 firmware, which has been the most perfect firmware to date. 

Apr 24, 2016 at 1:30 PM Post #13,541 of 14,084
  If I remember well, Ibasso promised to solve the cutting off problem in the next firmware update
Would be nice to hear when this will be

Our software team is currently working on this.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 27, 2016 at 6:50 PM Post #13,543 of 14,084
Hi 2 all,
Sorry for a newbie questions about iBasso DX90, I was googling for an answer, but didn't find them, so I am kindly asking you to help me with some of them:

1) Does applying f2fs format to SD card will increase perfomance and battery life of the device?
I ask it because overall testing of the f2fs shown a very impressive results even with a regular usb flash drives, same for SDXC cards on Linux PCs. Of course I do understand that there is only >3.8 kernel support for this fs, but dx90 is android based device, so we have very good chances to see this kind of updates. And if implementation of f2fs could become true, we would need a way to connect DX90 to PC in MTP mode. Maybe there is already any plan to do it?
3) Is there some possibility of autoscan some directories for playlist files (pls e.g.) and then add them into Mango interface?
It will give the oportunity to create a proper playlists for cycling, sleeping, evening walking, etc...
4) Does anybody knows about any milestones of iBasso will move DX90 firmware into open source?
Freedom is the thing we do appreciate a lot and only sometimes feeling it only from self-respecting then customer-respecting manufacturers, especially now. Sansa failed rockbox oportunity with Clip Sport, Samsung lost confidence after Kies enabling, IOS lost last freedom lovers after 9.2 came out and 9.1 pangu had gone... I don't want to be the same for a good portable-hifi market, which were all the time consisted of the honest people whose main aim is to serve the other people and sharing with them touch of a beautiful world of music.
5) Last firmware gave a faster turning on/off, but still not even 1sec. it takes about 5 seconds while you need to hold the button for at least 2-3 seconds before and you know how terrifying it could be.
6) Is there any objective reason for double-sabre chip? Could somebody explain technical side of this solution?

Apr 28, 2016 at 8:37 PM Post #13,544 of 14,084
  Hi 2 all,
Sorry for a newbie questions about iBasso DX90, I was googling for an answer, but didn't find them, so I am kindly asking you to help me with some of them:

1) Does applying f2fs format to SD card will increase perfomance and battery life of the device?
I ask it because overall testing of the f2fs shown a very impressive results even with a regular usb flash drives, same for SDXC cards on Linux PCs. Of course I do understand that there is only >3.8 kernel support for this fs, but dx90 is android based device, so we have very good chances to see this kind of updates. And if implementation of f2fs could become true, we would need a way to connect DX90 to PC in MTP mode. Maybe there is already any plan to do it?
3) Is there some possibility of autoscan some directories for playlist files (pls e.g.) and then add them into Mango interface?
It will give the oportunity to create a proper playlists for cycling, sleeping, evening walking, etc...
4) Does anybody knows about any milestones of iBasso will move DX90 firmware into open source?
Freedom is the thing we do appreciate a lot and only sometimes feeling it only from self-respecting then customer-respecting manufacturers, especially now. Sansa failed rockbox oportunity with Clip Sport, Samsung lost confidence after Kies enabling, IOS lost last freedom lovers after 9.2 came out and 9.1 pangu had gone... I don't want to be the same for a good portable-hifi market, which were all the time consisted of the honest people whose main aim is to serve the other people and sharing with them touch of a beautiful world of music.
5) Last firmware gave a faster turning on/off, but still not even 1sec. it takes about 5 seconds while you need to hold the button for at least 2-3 seconds before and you know how terrifying it could be.
6) Is there any objective reason for double-sabre chip? Could somebody explain technical side of this solution?

1) It can only read fat32 and exfat to my knowledge.
2) You skipped 2, can't you count?
3) Can't say, I don't use playlists.
4) Yeah, right. We can dream.
5) Yeah.
6) It splits the left and right channels between the two DACs.Supposed to make for cleaner sound and stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back