DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Dec 11, 2014 at 7:37 PM Post #9,736 of 14,084
It could be that it came partly loose from the circuit board. do you get sound if you move the jack around with music playing? 

Yes. If I push a little on the headphone plug or move it around, I can get stereo sound, but it's only temporary, like for a second. I'm hesitant to attempt to fix it myself (I ruined a perfectly good Larocco PR II attempting to modify it), unless it's real simple.

Dec 11, 2014 at 7:43 PM Post #9,738 of 14,084
Yes. If I push a little on the headphone plug or move it around, I can get stereo sound, but it's only temporary, like for a second. I'm hesitant to attempt to fix it myself (I ruined a perfectly good Larocco PR II attempting to modify it), unless it's real simple.

Well, if you want I will fix it for you. 

Dec 11, 2014 at 8:07 PM Post #9,740 of 14,084
  What is the cheapest amp to pair well with the DX90 for driving the HD800?

you will upgrade from the m40 to the HD800 ?
eek.gif

WAY TO GO
biggrin.gif
beerchug.gif

Dec 11, 2014 at 8:37 PM Post #9,741 of 14,084

you will upgrade from the m40 to the HD800 ?
eek.gif

WAY TO GO
biggrin.gif
beerchug.gif

Just considering it.. I will have to use the M40 or other closed headphones for outdoor use :frowning2:

Dec 11, 2014 at 10:05 PM Post #9,742 of 14,084
I mentioned a few days ago that the headphone jack on my DX90 stopped working. Well, apparently I can't even get Ibasso to repair it. They requested a warranty card, which I don't have. I bought it used from a Head-Fier and it wasn't included. I've tried to contact him to get the original PayPal receipt, but it seems he can't be bothered. I offered Ibasso money to repair it and I haven't received an answer from them in 3 days. So if anyone has DIY skills and thinks they can repair the "indestructible" headphone jack, please let me know.
Edit: This really bothers me, because I've been a good customer to Ibasso in the past. I've bought the P2, D3 and P4 new from them. I don't deserve this shoddy treatment, being treated like persona non grata because I don't have a warranty card? That doesn't make my unit counterfeit.

I'm surprised by this....obviously every DX90 in existence is less than one year old...it wouldn't seem the warranty cards would even matter yet!

BTW...this might be old news, but I just noticed they now have a DX90 manual:

http://www.ibasso.com/uploadfiles/20141126/201411260251042848.pdf

Dec 11, 2014 at 10:16 PM Post #9,743 of 14,084
Dec 12, 2014 at 12:19 AM Post #9,744 of 14,084
  Just considering it.. I will have to use the M40 or other closed headphones for outdoor use :frowning2:

What about using IEM for outdoor use? the DX90 can drive IEMs easily and they are much more comfortable for travel.

I hate to do it, but if you have to, just buy a new one from Amazon and return the old one in the box for a refund.

Dec 12, 2014 at 12:36 AM Post #9,745 of 14,084
Ah, that I didn't know

Um... yeah, neither did I. Not cool man, not cool!!!
blink.gif

Guess I'll just stick with standard UI and get used to it or find other workarounds.

Dec 12, 2014 at 5:17 AM Post #9,746 of 14,084
  First is Headphone out, the second is Line out for using with amplifiers.
The Line out is also uneffected by the gain switch on the DX90.

from the userguide: "When using line out, one should always turn the volume up to the maximum "255" to ensure ..."
Why line out doesnt deliver 255 automatically?!!! Is there a good reason? otherwise it would be worth contacting iBasso, wouldnt it?

Dec 12, 2014 at 5:43 AM Post #9,747 of 14,084

from the userguide: "When using line out, one should always turn the volume up to the maximum "255" to ensure ..."
Why line out doesnt deliver 255 automatically?!!! Is there a good reason? otherwise it would be worth contacting iBasso, wouldnt it?

It would indeed be a cool feature if the volume automatically set itself to 255 when using the line out, I'm not sure if ibasso is able to add such a feature, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Dec 12, 2014 at 6:31 AM Post #9,748 of 14,084
Originally Posted by Domdom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Fiio's X5 always has LO on max. There's a risk that you put your headphone, or even worse your more sensitive iem, in LO instead of HO.
In this case you could seriously damage your hp/iem or in worst case scenario your hearing (when you already have your iem in your ears).

On the other hand with the DX90 now, you always have to turn back the volume (after you've used an amp) before you plug your hp/iem straigh into HO.
I prefer LO on max though...

Dec 12, 2014 at 5:15 PM Post #9,749 of 14,084
Title, Album, Artist, Added; is all that appears to be available for sorting, and that's only for all files.
Is there any way to sort files by 'modified' date?
Is there any way to sort within folders?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back