DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Dec 11, 2014 at 6:55 AM Post #9,722 of 14,084
  I have a dignis case-Will it be safe to remove the back case permanently in order to switch batteries (It will be covered by the Dignis case)?

I don't see why not as long as the battery can stay in place.  People do this all the time with oversized GS3 batteries for the DX90.

Dec 11, 2014 at 8:55 AM Post #9,723 of 14,084
Yes I use a 4400 mah Anker oversized battery withouth the backplate and in the supplied silicone case. Works fine

Dec 11, 2014 at 5:43 PM Post #9,724 of 14,084
Hi all the wonderful people here!

It's my first post here and oh my...seems like I know you guys for few months now as I've been reading these forums in the beginning to decide which DAP to buy: X3 or DX90 and bought DX90. Thanks for all the help I've found here, it's such a crazy community, you people rock, really! From best advises, to touching stories of lost iBasso in NY, this thread was my nr1 reading lately...with dx90 through Sennheiser Momentum pumping euphoria straight into my ears. This couple is insane, I've been music lover since I was baby, however never went further into quality and I can't describe how happy I am: I feel like being madly in love. Well, actually I am insanely in love with all the new sounds dx90+momentum provides me. 

I've got weird problem with my dx90 and 2.1.5 FW: both ibasso and Lurker ones. They just don't scan my SD card. Well, scan is starting, then it crashes after 20-30% of scan, ibasso start-up screen is shown and I'm unable to play any file. When SD card is off, all is fine. Also, with 2.1.0 no problems also. Just a blind guess: probably some of the audio files are corrupted, but how would I find ones? Manually going through 60GB seems a bit of an overkill... Any ideas? Anybody had same problem? I saw somewhere posted same problem while randomly browsing, just can't find it anymore...

Dec 11, 2014 at 5:50 PM Post #9,725 of 14,084
  Hi all the wonderful people here!

It's my first post here and oh my...seems like I know you guys for few months now as I've been reading these forums in the beginning to decide which DAP to buy: X3 or DX90 and bought DX90. Thanks for all the help I've found here, it's such a crazy community, you people rock, really! From best advises, to touching stories of lost iBasso in NY, this thread was my nr1 reading lately...with dx90 through Sennheiser Momentum pumping euphoria straight into my ears. This couple is insane, I've been music lover since I was baby, however never went further into quality and I can't describe how happy I am: I feel like being madly in love. Well, actually I am insanely in love with all the new sounds dx90+momentum provides me. 

I've got weird problem with my dx90 and 2.1.5 FW: both ibasso and Lurker ones. They just don't scan my SD card. Well, scan is starting, then it crashes after 20-30% of scan, ibasso start-up screen is shown and I'm unable to play any file. When SD card is off, all is fine. Also, with 2.1.0 no problems also. Just a blind guess: probably some of the audio files are corrupted, but how would I find ones? Manually going through 60GB seems a bit of an overkill... Any ideas? Anybody had same problem? I saw somewhere posted same problem while randomly browsing, just can't find it anymore...

Did you do a factory reset after updating to 2.1.5?

Dec 11, 2014 at 5:54 PM Post #9,727 of 14,084
  No. Should I do it with SD card in or out?

In or out it is fine but you can take it out just for peace of mine. 

Dec 11, 2014 at 6:05 PM Post #9,730 of 14,084
BTW, I have noticed that the stock Samsung cards were partitioned differently than SanDisk, where Samsung ones have an extra partition that will throw off how the DX90 scans your card.  If you have Samsung cards and can't get the DX90 to scan, then you need to use Partition Magic kill the partitions and reformat.

Dec 11, 2014 at 6:25 PM Post #9,732 of 14,084
Out of curiosity, did you rip the tracks from the CD, or did you hook up the DX90 as DAC to a CD Player?

I just picked up a DENSEN DeMagic CD for $11.00 on eBay and was wondering if I should rip the files or if there is something lost if I don't want to Use the CD...

Even if it turns out to be snake oil, (Even if only to MY ears.) I consider the less than $20 cost to roll the dice worth it. :wink:

Thanks for the heads-up!

Ken N.

Yes, i've digital copied the tracks (1:1) as wave 16Bit/44kHz from CD source.
Densen DeMag and the XLO Burn-In are NO snake oil.

Before i "ripp" the source CD, i do demagnetizing the CD by a special Hardware. I use a Furutech RD-1 unit, which is well known to be the best one. ( Not Cheep ) There are also a RD-2 & RD-3 newer devices, but the BIG Magic is only on the rare and older RD-1 devices. They use a different, little softer magnetic field, but it is still very strong. ( You could demagnetize any compass also :wink:

CD Demagnetizing was well known at industry CD plants and loved by most audiophiles
( Yeah, YOU!! MSFL 24K gold disc lovers !! ) but in the last 15 years the industry skipped this quality step due to flatten costs and no more CD demagnetizing at production seen anymore.
What a hell... i guess only MSFL, FIM (XRCD) and some others do it.
Numerous reviews with these devices have been done ( i thougt it is snakeoil, too ) and one test nailed it :
The Sound Quality after demagnetizing a disc is bigger then comparing the SQ between a good 2000$ CD player and an 5000$ player.

These devices do demagnetizing the disc with a magnetic field. This field demagnetizes most particles in the material : Nickel, Cobalt, Ferrum in the lacquer and label Print: Color Red = Ferrum Oxide, Color Blue = Cobalt. This technique does also a consitent dispersion of the electrons in the material.
Ken Ishigoru did a commanding Spectral Analysis ( before & after ). Between 1kHz and 5kHz the number of quantity of information increases as a result of demagnetization.
Also CLOVER Lab Sytems Co. USA found out that the total of E22 and of E32 Errors that seriously influence the tone quality will largely decrease.
So, it's best to demagnetize your source CD's before burning to get the lowest error rates as possible !
But as you can hear, after burning or used at a "planted" CD errors are also well reduced.

The "Software" Demagnetizing use a similar technique. There is a magnetic field build up by playing a "special frequency/phase" sweep and steady build down to reduce magnetic "movement" in the device hardware.
This is not so big like a hardware demag but not subtile. ( you have to do it 2 or 3 times the first use ).
The FX of both hardware and software demags are equal: The bass is getting tighter, Voices come with more nature, details are easily to hear and the room is opened and wider. You will love it...

FX

Dec 11, 2014 at 6:42 PM Post #9,733 of 14,084
I mentioned a few days ago that the headphone jack on my DX90 stopped working. Well, apparently I can't even get Ibasso to repair it. They requested a warranty card, which I don't have. I bought it used from a Head-Fier and it wasn't included. I've tried to contact him to get the original PayPal receipt, but it seems he can't be bothered. I offered Ibasso money to repair it and I haven't received an answer from them in 3 days. So if anyone has DIY skills and thinks they can repair the "indestructible" headphone jack, please let me know.
Edit: This really bothers me, because I've been a good customer to Ibasso in the past. I've bought the P2, D3 and P4 new from them. I don't deserve this shoddy treatment, being treated like persona non grata because I don't have a warranty card? That doesn't make my unit counterfeit.

Dec 11, 2014 at 6:54 PM Post #9,734 of 14,084
I mentioned a few days ago that the headphone jack on my DX90 stopped working. Well, apparently I can't even get Ibasso to repair it. They requested a warranty card, which I don't have. I bought it used from a Head-Fier and it wasn't included. I've tried to contact him to get the original PayPal receipt, but it seems he can't be bothered. I offered Ibasso money to repair it and I haven't received an answer from them in 3 days. So if anyone has DIY skills and thinks they can repair the "indestructible" headphone jack, please let me know.

I hate to do it, but if you have to, just buy a new one from Amazon and return the old one in the box for a refund.

Dec 11, 2014 at 7:32 PM Post #9,735 of 14,084
Edit: This really bothers me, because I've been a good customer to Ibasso in the past. I've bought the P2, D3 and P4 new from them. I don't deserve this shoddy treatment, being treated like persona non grata because I don't have a warranty card? That doesn't make my unit counterfeit.

It could be that it came partly loose from the circuit board. do you get sound if you move the jack around with music playing? 

If it is a solder joint, I will fix it for you. The sockets are pretty strong and well secured but if it got jerked accidentally, it could break loose the ground pin. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back