DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Apr 9, 2014 at 12:33 AM Post #2,326 of 14,084
Interesting. I am using the HE560, with the volume maxed on the DX90 and it doesn't clip and plays totally clean. Very dynamic and surprisingly, while comparing it to an amp have much more power, I can't hear much difference in drive, space and dynamics. 

Apr 9, 2014 at 12:51 AM Post #2,327 of 14,084
That's great news... I have one more excuse to buy the 560 now.
atsmile.gif

BTW, so that I can do my full duty as a beta-pig. I bought some 2200mAh Anker batteries + charger from Amazon. My phone happens to be the Galaxy S3, so I can do a comparison of all 3 batteries to see if it makes any sort of difference. If not, that's fine and good as I can find uses for the spares since I have 2 devices that use the same type of battery.

Apr 9, 2014 at 1:09 AM Post #2,329 of 14,084
I'm thinking of selling/passing on my X3 and picking up this thing later down the line. The DX90 looks great at this price! So tempted.. But I'll let the firsties have their fun before I buy 
wink.gif

By the way, how do you DX50 owners run this into a PB2 in balanced, if you own the pair? I'd like to connect the DX90 to a PB2 for more power, but these adapters/conversions have me iffy

Apr 9, 2014 at 1:25 AM Post #2,331 of 14,084
My order can't come fast enough.

Jamato, do you feel like the dx90 is on equal footing with the AK120, in terms of sound quality?

No idea. I have never heard the AK120. It does out distance the Ak100 modified with low output impedance quite a bit. 

Apr 9, 2014 at 1:45 AM Post #2,334 of 14,084
Hi, jamato8. Have you had a chance to compare the DX90 to the X5? If yes, what are your observations sound wise? I think many of us are deciding between these two DAPs so if you could give us some impressions between the two that would be quite helpful! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 9, 2014 at 2:13 AM Post #2,336 of 14,084
Hi, jamato8. Have you had a chance to compare the DX90 to the X5? If yes, what are your observations sound wise? I think many of us are deciding between these two DAPs so if you could give us some impressions between the two that would be quite helpful! :)
+1

I've pre-ordered the X5 and am soooo tempted to pull the trigger on a DX90 but am afraid I'll want to keep both :wink:

Apr 9, 2014 at 2:57 AM Post #2,337 of 14,084
just had an idea!!!
if the DX90 is taken and connected with http://www.ebay.com/itm/SD-to-MicroSD-TransFlash-Card-Converter-Module-SDHC-SDXC-US-Stock-/261419757513
with the SD card input glued just outside of it,
his means one can have infinity BIG music library in a sane price?, does this have a chance to work?

Apr 9, 2014 at 3:08 AM Post #2,338 of 14,084
just had an idea!!!

if the DX90 is taken and connected with http://www.ebay.com/itm/SD-to-MicroSD-TransFlash-Card-Converter-Module-SDHC-SDXC-US-Stock-/261419757513

with the SD card input glued just outside of it,

his means one can have infinity BIG music library in a sane price?, does this have a chance to work?

A similar setup has been done before with DX50. I had one myself. But it stopped working after sometime. The cable is very delicate.

Apr 9, 2014 at 3:16 AM Post #2,339 of 14,084
oh, good to know some1 had already experimented with it! :D
yes ofcourse the ribon is VERY delicate,still if this works is a good start, later on a special housing can be build and hot glued or screwed into the back of the device.
incase frequent battery replacement is expected, the back cover can be precisely cut with a laser so that the part thats directly above  the battery( i hope its gonna be the lower part) will be left stationary, other part can be glued or fixed in other way to the frame and hold the adapter securely on it. 

another question, how these devices handle multiple card exchange? do they need to sync with every new inserted card? how long does it take?, thanks.

Apr 9, 2014 at 3:20 AM Post #2,340 of 14,084
oh, good to know some1 had already experimented with it! :D

yes ofcourse the ribon is VERY delicate,still if this works is a good start, later on a special housing can be build and hot glued or screwed into the back of the device.

incase frequent battery replacement is expected, the back cover can be precisely cut with a laser so that the part thats directly above  the battery( i hope its gonna be the lower part) will be left stationary, other part can be glued or fixed in other way to the frame and hold the adapter securely on it. 

another question, how these devices handle multiple card exchange? do they need to sync with every new inserted card? how long does it take?, thanks.

If you are going to use multiple cards. Browsing by files and folders is the way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back