DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Apr 9, 2014 at 3:28 AM Post #2,341 of 14,084
i do not know ho this device works, all i had thus far is a rockboxed ipod video 240GB , the way i browse is geners> then i have everything sorted by artists. if this is possible with the DX90 its great.
but still i do not know how it reacts to card swapping, does it have to build database like rockboxed ipod? which by the way takes some time to do... or is it instant?

P.S highest capacity SD cards in sane price right now is 128GB? the 256 i saw so far were fake/overpriced.

Apr 9, 2014 at 3:30 AM Post #2,342 of 14,084
Since Dx90 is out my dx 50  suddenly sounds bad , i even comapired to sansa clip , sansa clip sounds better, maybe i need therapy.
confused_face.gif
or DX90
ksc75smile.gif

Apr 9, 2014 at 3:31 AM Post #2,343 of 14,084
  I can vouch for the HE500 as I have a pair. I'm a big believer in bang for your buck, and the HE500s are the very definition of that. They sound magnificent with most forms of music, very involving, accurate, very good soundstage. Not the most comfortable (although you get used to them), not the most sexy looking and I haven't found them to be the greatest with classical music, although that might be the other components in the chain (my DAC/ Amp combo needs an upgrade).

But, no question, for any sort of popular music, jazz, vocals etc. they are magnificent, and punch way above their price bracket - much like the DX90 will - bringing it neatly back on-topic :wink:

Could you elaborate a bit more on "... I haven't found them to be the greatest with classical music ..."?  I only care about SQ and comfort; looks never scare me. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks.

Apr 9, 2014 at 4:11 AM Post #2,346 of 14,084
  chill out dude. lifes too short

Did it ever occur to you that our lives might be too short for us to keep answering the same 3 questions 15 times a day? At least use the search function.

The thread title should be 'Audioholics Anonymous'

Addiction is only a problem if you run out.

Apr 9, 2014 at 5:10 AM Post #2,348 of 14,084
So I created a schematics comparison of the X5 and DX90 (basic cut and paste).

I sort of "get it," but I was wondering if the more educated folks here have any opinions about the different design routes. Is one design inherently better than the other? Just trying to learn, not to cause bashing of a competitor product as I'm a fan of both Fiio and Ibasso.

Apr 9, 2014 at 5:10 AM Post #2,349 of 14,084
Just bought DX100, don't know how DX90 would stack up against their flagship model.

Apr 9, 2014 at 5:43 AM Post #2,351 of 14,084
I had a question for the veteran beta pigs. If theoretically, Ibasso starts shipping out DX90s in masse tomorrow, how many days will it take for most people in America to get theirs? What carrier is typically used? DHL?

I guess what I'm trying to gauge is what my chances are of enjoying the DX90 by this weekend. I'm hoping for a Saturday delivery and if not Monday or Tuesday.

Apr 9, 2014 at 6:18 AM Post #2,352 of 14,084

I sort of "get it," but I was wondering if the more educated folks here have any opinions about the different design routes. Is one design inherently better than the other? Just trying to learn, not to cause bashing of a competitor product as I'm a fan of both Fiio and Ibasso.

I think you should take this further and grab the tech specs of each op amp, put those fellows side by side and compare, that will give you a good idea about the different designs. I would suggest you create a new thread so that this one does not get clobbered and still concentrates on the DX90.

I had a question for the veteran beta pigs. If theoretically, Ibasso starts shipping out DX90s in masse tomorrow, how many days will it take for most people in America to get theirs? What carrier is typically used? DHL?

I guess what I'm trying to gauge is what my chances are of enjoying the DX90 by this weekend. I'm hoping for a Saturday delivery and if not Monday or Tuesday.

Last time I took 3 days for the time they said it was shipped. I got the feeling that we might get it by next week and not this weekend.

Apr 9, 2014 at 6:18 AM Post #2,353 of 14,084

The diagrams are not using the same block setup and the Fiio one actually doesn't make sense coming off the last stereo 1612. iBasso shows the separate channels of a single chip as independent blocks and Fiio shows entire chips as blocks. Either is fine but not directly comparable pictures. Fiio improperly has the last 1612 as a single channel out becoming stereo again. 

The DAP's 2 paths are very much the same in practice except for summing in the LPF of the iBasso with only parts selection and voicing being different. There is no material advantage to either unless the new Sabre DAC chip proves to be one.

Apr 9, 2014 at 6:34 AM Post #2,354 of 14,084

Joking aside, as far as my diagram reading skills go, I say the Ibasso design looks better. This is like reading two different recipes for cooking chicken - You might be able to get a general idea about what the dish will be like but without actually tasting it, you know nothing.

I still think there could be a way to do a balanced lineout from the Ibasso. Might need some trickery along the way like with DIYmods,but it could be possible.

EDIT: As Goodvibes just pointed out above my post, the diagrams aren't entirely comparable. 

Apr 9, 2014 at 6:47 AM Post #2,355 of 14,084

Joking aside, as far as my diagram reading skills go, I say the Ibasso design looks better. This is like reading two different recipes for cooking chicken - You might be able to get a general idea about what the dish will be like but without actually tasting it, you know nothing.

I still think there could be a way to do a balanced lineout from the Ibasso. Might need some trickery along the way like with DIYmods,but it could be possible.

EDIT: As Goodvibes just pointed out above my post, the diagrams aren't entirely comparable. 

To truly be able to compare you'd have to have the exact schematic of each also remember that one is single and the other is dual so that will also add to the comparison and then each dac performs their conversion using different algorithm so that will also add to the chef mixing pot.

I guess someone is trying to keep us busy while waiting :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back