DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Apr 8, 2014 at 6:29 PM Post #2,298 of 14,084
Since this thread is the first thing that pops up on Google search when you type in DX90 (which is written on the back cover),
I think we might want to discuss these taxation stuff a little bit more discreetly? :p

EDIT: God my grammar is awful at this time of the day..

Apr 8, 2014 at 6:32 PM Post #2,299 of 14,084
Andy, you are in luck
bigsmile_face.gif
i ordered one yesterday and we can compare it to the dx50. I had pre-ordered an X5, but canceled the order. I personally found the sound of dx50 to be better to the X5, when you demoed it couple of weeks ago. Shoot me a PM next week sometime.

Apr 8, 2014 at 7:48 PM Post #2,300 of 14,084
Should they fail to satisfy me, there's always the AK240 (so far, I've seen nothing but raving reviews for it, apart from its pricing, of course) as a backup option.

I couldn't wait and got an 901 - game over for me for while at least - astonishing machine

I will keep an eye on the DX90 and may get one at Xmas, ie after you kind people have done 6 months of beta testing for me!:bigsmile_face:

I have both the AK240 and HM901 (with all the amp cards) but still ordered a dx90.... I probably need to stop visiting head-fi or get some group therapy :p

Apr 8, 2014 at 7:57 PM Post #2,301 of 14,084
I have both the AK240 and HM901 (with all the amp cards) but still ordered a dx90.... I probably need to stop visiting head-fi or get some group therapy
tongue.gif

I've always thought that we need a devoted section here on Head-fi to those of us that overindulge.
With threads such as
"I can't live with myself, I bought four DAP's each over $1000, and now the rent is due..."
"Why did I buy the Roxanne, now my daughter will not talk to me as I missed her birthday waiting for the UPS man to sign off on the package"

And a separate forum:

"The 12 steps to Audiophile abuse recovery.."

smile.gif

Apr 8, 2014 at 8:00 PM Post #2,303 of 14,084
Why is it that on Head-fi, there are always a few irresponsible people who discuss 'creative/anomalous' customs declarations publicly, thus putting companies at risk?

Talk about selfish and irresponsible
mad.gif

Apr 8, 2014 at 8:03 PM Post #2,304 of 14,084
I have both the AK240 and HM901 (with all the amp cards) but still ordered a dx90.... I probably need to stop visiting head-fi or get some group therapy :p

I suggest we all band together for the group therapy, at least it can be one place where we could save. :D

I've never spent so much on gears since I've been on this board. :frowning2:

Let us know how the HM-901 and AK240 compare to the DX90.

Apr 8, 2014 at 8:26 PM Post #2,305 of 14,084

I've always thought that we need a devoted section here on Head-fi to those of us that overindulge.
With threads such as
"I can't live with myself, I bought four DAP's each over $1000, and now the rent is due..."
"Why did I buy the Roxanne, now my daughter will not talk to me as I missed her birthday waiting for the UPS man to sign off on the package"

And a separate forum:

smile.gif

This is a great idea!
atsmile.gif

Apr 8, 2014 at 8:29 PM Post #2,306 of 14,084
The thread title should be 'Audioholics Anonymous'

With threads such as

And a separate forum:

:smile:

Apr 8, 2014 at 9:36 PM Post #2,308 of 14,084
The Minister of Finance (Mrs Warth0g) has just, rather unexpectedly, given me permission to purchase a DX90. She doesn't understand why I need another DAP since I bought the DX50 relatively recently and it looks exactly the same.

Thing is, neither do I.. I was perfectly happy with my 50 but now I need a 90. Damn you Head-Fi!

Apr 8, 2014 at 9:40 PM Post #2,309 of 14,084
  The Minister of Finance (Mrs Warth0g) has just, rather unexpectedly, given me permission to purchase a DX90. She doesn't understand why I need another DAP since I bought the DX50 relatively recently and it looks exactly the same.

Thing is, neither do I.. I was perfectly happy with my 50 but now I need a 90. Damn you Head-Fi!

Another victim of the head fi disease.....symptoms include spending extortionate amounts of cash on tiny things that can fit in your pocket and missing your kids birthdays waiting for the delivery man...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back