DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Mar 4, 2014 at 7:00 PM Post #1,021 of 14,084
1 or 2 SD sockets makes no difference, you will still need to swap cards as very few people have music collections small enough to fit on even 2 cards. I would need at lest 1TB to fit my current collection without even allowing for future purchases

Mar 4, 2014 at 7:15 PM Post #1,022 of 14,084
1 or 2 SD sockets makes no difference, you will still need to swap cards as very few people have music collections small enough to fit on even 2 cards. I would need at lest 1TB to fit my current collection without even allowing for future purchases

True, but 2 slots are still more convenient than 1 (especially if one is a full-size card). You don't have to swap as often
bigsmile_face.gif

Mar 4, 2014 at 7:25 PM Post #1,023 of 14,084
  True, but 2 slots are still more convenient than 1 (especially if one is a full-size card). You don't have to swap as often
bigsmile_face.gif

I understand that iBasso did not wish to develop new casework for the DX90, but I must admit I wish they had simply kept the same casework but slightly modified it by just making the rear panel 3 or 4 mm deeper (i.e. making the DAP 3 or 4 mm thicker). This may have provided sufficient room to squeeze in a second card slot (a fullsize SD slot, actually) and, as a nice bonus, room for an extended-capacity battery.

It's a missed opportunity, but nevertheless, I still appreciate the value-for-money iBasso are offering with the DX90.

Mar 4, 2014 at 7:59 PM Post #1,024 of 14,084
To have made the DX90 for a larger battery it would also have to be wider and there you go, wider as they would most likely have used the battery for the S4. 

With the advent of the 128gb card, which I have ordered, I will be fine but I wouldn't mind an additional slot either but the DX90 with the dual core CPU will scan even faster than the DX50 so inserting a different card won't be that much of a hassle. Also, they don't use the slide cover over the card, which I find a hassle in the DAP;s that have some sort of cover. 

I also have no hiccups with the FW of the DX50 and although the DX90 will be a little different, and there will be some added features on the FW, I look forward to a pretty mature UI. 

I think the sound for cost value will be very good. For me, I like the size, shape and feel of the DX50 case. There isn't a great deal of weight but plenty of functionality. 

Mar 4, 2014 at 9:36 PM Post #1,026 of 14,084
Yes, the 4400mA is good. I use one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back