DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Mar 10, 2015 at 1:52 AM Post #11,041 of 14,084
  The firmware is still flat and bit-perfect.

But we still need you to remove unwanted services and optimize album art buffering etc 
biggrin.gif

Mar 10, 2015 at 2:27 AM Post #11,043 of 14,084
  dear paul.... i have done the correct step include reset the dap and rescan the media under advance. Done twice still have this problem...

If you have a PC you can load the FW with the batch tool. I see that the instructions are on the first page to use it. Also the download.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Mar 10, 2015 at 2:43 AM Post #11,045 of 14,084
Frankly, iBasso have done a great job this time with firmware optimization! They went even much further than I did, and I understand that for them it took a lot of time for investigations and tests... Having no kernel sources, I couldn't risk to go so far! But they have left starting one, only one useless service, but the one that is quite active. Easy to fix for me, of course.

Also, as I understand, they reorganized the project and switched to a new toolchain, which, definitely, took a lot of efforts as well, and, unfortunately, led to some already known bugs. But they should be easy to fix (for them), with all the optimization left in place for the better future.

Really, it was quite surprize for me how seriously they took the need for optimization of the system environment and the code. I appreciate the efforts!

Mar 10, 2015 at 2:48 AM Post #11,046 of 14,084
Frankly, iBasso have done a great job this time with firmware optimization! They went even much further than I did, and I understand that for them it took a lot of time for investigations and tests... Having no kernel sources, I couldn't risk to go so far! But they have left starting one, only one useless service, but the one that is quite active. Easy to fix for me, of course.

Also, as I understand, they reorganized the project and switched to a new toolchain, which, definitelly, took a lot of efforts as well, and, unfortunatelly, leaded to some already known bugs. But they should be easy to fix (for them), with all the optimization left in place for the better future.

Really, it was quite surprize for me how seriously they took the need for optimization of the system environment and the code. I appretiate the efforts!

Nice word lurker!
Good job iBasso.
But that means the magical lurker version would be less magical this time :p
Just changing the defaut font to roboto and remove the only left active service?

Mar 10, 2015 at 4:36 AM Post #11,050 of 14,084
When I updated to 2.1.8 I see that version of the recovery image is higher than at previous FW. I decide to flash back to 2.1.5 L2 and see the following:
Update boot.img...
Check boot.img...
Update system...
Check system...
Update backup...
Check backup...
Update recovery.img...
Check recovery...
handle script error! ignore...
copy Bootloader...

Do I understand correctly that the script does not find an update of recovery.img newer than current and therefore copies the old .img? In other words, whether it is a message than something serious? The player works great with no errors.
Thanks.

Mar 10, 2015 at 5:09 AM Post #11,052 of 14,084
  When I updated to 2.1.8 I see that version of the recovery image is higher than at previous FW. I decide to flash back to 2.1.5 L2 and see the following:
Update boot.img...
Check boot.img...
Update system...
Check system...
Update backup...
Check backup...
Update recovery.img...
Check recovery...
handle script error! ignore...
copy Bootloader...

Do I understand correctly that the script does not find an update of recovery.img newer than current and therefore copies the old .img? In other words, whether it is a message than something serious? The player works great with no errors.
Thanks.

Something more or less similar appeared on my DX90 while updating. That's what I said about it a few pages ago:

After updating, it showed me an error which said something like there has been a failure so the firmware update didn't proceed and I had to chose whether to erase all data or reboot (I chose to reboot my DX90). In fact, the update seemed to have worked since in the system settings the new firmware was displayed.
To be sure, I afterwards went directly to the settings and did another firmware update with the exactly same file that was already on my device and voilà, no error was shown at all and I did a factory reset followed by a complete rescan afterwards.

Mar 10, 2015 at 5:24 AM Post #11,053 of 14,084
  To be sure, I afterwards went directly to the settings and did another firmware update with the exactly same file that was already on my device and voilà, no error was shown at all and I did a factory reset followed by a complete rescan afterwards.

I reflashed player several times with erasing /data, /cache etc., but the error still remains. And the version of the recovery.img - is still new, from 2.1.8.

Mar 10, 2015 at 5:25 AM Post #11,054 of 14,084
I reflashed player several times with erasing /data, /cache etc., but the error still remains. And the version of the recovery.img - is still new, from 2.1.8.
Have you tried to use the batch tool on the first page?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back