DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Mar 9, 2015 at 10:08 PM Post #11,028 of 14,084

I am sorry there are some issues. You need to rescan using the advanced section for doing the rescan. Inserting the card does not always scan everything. We are looking into the issues. With a factory reset after the new FW we are getting functions to work correctly. We are monitoring what everyone has to say here.

dear paul.... i have done the correct step include reset the dap and rescan the media under advance. Done twice still have this problem...

Mar 9, 2015 at 10:12 PM Post #11,029 of 14,084
Wow...reading the feedback on this 2.1.8 FW has my head spinning between reported sound improvements and bugs
confused_face_2.gif

Mar 9, 2015 at 10:17 PM Post #11,030 of 14,084
got problems with many of my wave and ape & cue album. Same bugs.... after playing any track with continue to the first track although display show the next track but the running scale never run just show 0.00. When touch the scale it play the actual track... then the first track play again.
angry_face.gif

Mar 9, 2015 at 10:29 PM Post #11,031 of 14,084

Update: Gapless is no longer gapless as of FW 2.18 update. After years of not hearing seams in my music while using an iPod and now my AK240, I'm spoiled and can't go back. Can I safely revert back to 2.15 without bricking the DX90? Waiting months for the next FW update, to sort out this bug, isn't something I'm willing to do.   

Did you turn it back on after the update? Gapless is working fine for me ...

Mar 9, 2015 at 10:42 PM Post #11,033 of 14,084
I updated my DX90 from Lurker0 FW 2.1.5L2 to official 2.1.8.
All songs are m4a Apple Lossless.
And I normally browse directory to play songs only (all songs are in separate folder for each CD), album mode not user friendly.
All song are played in correct sequence so far, no bugs encounter yet.
Media scan is much faster.

Thanks for Paul - iBasso effort though the FW still need to be enhanced.

Mar 9, 2015 at 10:50 PM Post #11,034 of 14,084
I updated my DX90 from Lurker0 FW 2.1.5L2 to official 2.1.8.
All songs are m4a Apple Lossless.
And I normally browse directory to play songs only . . . .
All song are played in correct sequence so far, no bugs encounter yet.
Media scan is much faster.

This is exactly my setup, right here: all ALAC CD stored in individual folders by artist and album. A standard file tree system. I do all my listening through the directory. Absolutely zero problems of any kind with 2.1.8 so far--except for the font--and the media scans far more quickly than it used to. I need to do more listening to judge but I'm liking the SQ thus far.

Mar 9, 2015 at 11:10 PM Post #11,035 of 14,084

Update: Gapless is no longer gapless as of FW 2.18 update. After years of not hearing seams in my music while using an iPod and now my AK240, I'm spoiled and can't go back. Can I safely revert back to 2.15 without bricking the DX90? Waiting months for the next FW update, to sort out this bug, isn't something I'm willing to do.   

My gapless is working fine. Did you turn the gapless back on once you updated? 

Has anyone had issues installing this? It shows on my computer that 2.1.8 is the only thing on there but the DAP shows 2.1.5 still. I have tried to install it 5 times already, mind you I have done this countless times I'm not sure what the issue is.

I put the old FW in the trash, emptied the trash and put 2.1.8 on the internal memory and updated. update.img file 

Mar 10, 2015 at 12:16 AM Post #11,036 of 14,084
Hi there,

As baki and many others, I updated my DX90 from Lurker0 FW 2.1.5L2 to official 2.1.8. What an improvement !

Indeed :
- Bass seems supplied while remaining as striking than before. Listening "An Aborted Begenning" from Nils Frahm, it almost seems that the walls are shaking (and it is not the most bassiest album...)
- Lightly sweetened treble, no big change but still noticeable. a little less wheezing.
- So yes, maybe mids are a little heated from below ... hungry bass... :wink:
- The soudstage took dimensions ... more height, and width ...
- The Positioning in space also seems improved. The whole is more three-dimensional.

But change is so clear that one could ask whether there is not a small artificiality, a kind of manipulation .... as an oversampling by example ... or whatever thing approaching .. . Well the fact is that we do not lose anything in clarity ... Quite the contrary, the separation of instruments is superb, even in complex passages of classical music ...

And I realized all just with my AKG K550 ... (until I decide between the EarSoncis Velvet or Dunu DN-2000j...) ... So I imagine what it must be with a little more savory headphones.

Also, no one yet seems to have noticed, but the screen responds much more efficiently than before...!!!

For now I have no bug but I would not hesitate to post them here if ever there appear.

Finally I just have a complaint to make and that doesn't concern the firmware : "But why do we use all those reverbs in modern recordings ???" I already know the answer but hey, it does not tire you too ? :wink:

Mar 10, 2015 at 1:44 AM Post #11,038 of 14,084
A bit torn between updating to this latest firmware.  If the new firmware boosts bass, it might make my SE846 sound too boomy.  Is it an extension of the sub-bass or a boost in that region?  Does that mean this new firmware is no longer flat in terms of response?

Mar 10, 2015 at 1:48 AM Post #11,039 of 14,084

Users who are viewing this thread

Back