DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Mar 10, 2015 at 5:42 AM Post #11,056 of 14,084

Did you turn it back on after the update? Gapless is working fine for me ...

My gapless is working fine. Did you turn the gapless back on once you updated? 

Yes, that was the first thing I checked. In FW 2.15, and every other implementation of gapless I've heard, the ending track and the beginning of the next track are joined together seamlessly. In FW 2.18, the ending track and the beginning of the next track overlap slightly. While technically, there is no gap, the implementation is very crude. It's very easy to discern the transition, which IMO, defeats the point of gapless. I'll happily revert to FW 2.15, which had no major flaws, as long as I don't wind up with a $400 door stop in the process. If Paul can confirm the risk is low, I'll download and reinstall FW 2.15 and wait for the next update. 

Mar 10, 2015 at 6:02 AM Post #11,059 of 14,084
  When I updated to 2.1.8 I see that version of the recovery image is higher than at previous FW. I decide to flash back to 2.1.5 L2 and see the following:
handle script error! ignore...

I see this message every time I update firmware since day 1. Just ignore it, as it says :wink:

But, when I first updated to 2.1.8, I ended up with a recovery menu and a message that the update failed. I've rebooted, checked the Mango version and it was 2.1.8. Nevertheless, I updated once again from the same update.img file, and the second time it went with no a problem. I've read a couple of similar messages above, and don't think I need to worry about.

Mar 10, 2015 at 6:07 AM Post #11,060 of 14,084
Recently I re-posted a report from a Russian engineer who found out that Digital Filter settings worked correctly only for the first track after the change, and then it was always fast roll-off, regardless of the setting state in the menu. Today he checked and says, the problem has been fixed in 2.1.8.

So, with 2.1.8 you can finally start finding the difference between fast and slow roll-off, really :)

Mar 10, 2015 at 6:49 AM Post #11,063 of 14,084
But tell me please what about just fonts and unused services in the new 2.1.8 - they are new kernel-dependend too?

I don't understand the question... If you ask me what I'm going to do with my modification of 2.1.8, then the answer is: all the changes made will be documented in the release notes, as usual. If you ask me what iBasso has changed in 2.1.8, then you'd better try to contact iBasso.

Mar 10, 2015 at 6:50 AM Post #11,064 of 14,084
just got my DX90... i know a little late in the game but still better late than never :) really enjoying it ... would just like to ask, is there some sort of brand preference you guys have with regards to micro sd on the dx90? thanks in advance :)

Mar 10, 2015 at 7:02 AM Post #11,066 of 14,084
  is there some sort of brand preference you guys have with regards to micro sd on the dx90? thanks in advance :)

As I saw and hardly tested (photo, video, audio) - you will never have the problems with original "Sandisk" cards.

In addition. Card speed is important only when you "copy-paste" to/from it, for the DX90 it's no matter in quality of sound.

Mar 10, 2015 at 7:02 AM Post #11,067 of 14,084
Recently I re-posted a report from a Russian engineer who found out that Digital Filter settings worked correctly only for the first track after the change, and then it was always fast roll-off, regardless of the setting state in the menu. Today he checked and says, the problem has been fixed in 2.1.8.

So, with 2.1.8 you can finally start finding the difference between fast and slow roll-off, really :)

I can now hear a pretty noticeable difference between the two filters. No wonder with 2.1.5 the 2 settings sounded the same to me. Thanks for the info!

Mar 10, 2015 at 7:08 AM Post #11,068 of 14,084
  just got my DX90... i know a little late in the game but still better late than never :) really enjoying it ... would just like to ask, is there some sort of brand preference you guys have with regards to micro sd on the dx90? thanks in advance :)

samsung cards are the ones to get, sandisc are ok but samsung are well , more trustworthy.

Mar 10, 2015 at 7:11 AM Post #11,069 of 14,084

Glad you're enjoying :)

Any quality microSD card will do fine: Sandisk, Samsung etc. I use the Sandisk 128gb microSD with no troubles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back