DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Nov 2, 2014 at 11:47 AM Post #8,776 of 14,084
No, just curious. I've got the X3, X5, and DX90 right now, and I think that's enough for now
wink.gif

So X5 or DX90?!?!?! 
tongue_smile.gif

clear and concise pros and cons of both, go!
i got DX90 but sometimes i can't help but feel that i am missing out on something with the X5!
mainly because this is my first serious DAP and it's nice and spacious but i keep wondering what the X5's supposedly more 'fun' and intimate signature is like 
rolleyes.gif

and don't say audition it because where I am in Arizona, there is no audio shop within a 4 hour drive that carries the X5, strangely 

Nov 2, 2014 at 4:14 PM Post #8,778 of 14,084
Ok, So far i bought the ATH-M40X, iBasso DX90, Sandisk 128GB MicroSD, Genuine leather case-It's gonna be fun! (It's my first HiFi DAP.. I really don't know what to expect but i am sure i won't be disappointed.)
What about using the DX90 while working on cubase? (Besides the delay.. Are they planning to fix it someday? I want to watch movies with it.. I still can watch silent movies with that though.)  

Nov 2, 2014 at 4:31 PM Post #8,779 of 14,084
  Ok, So far i bought the ATH-M40X, iBasso DX90, Sandisk 128GB MicroSD, Genuine leather case-It's gonna be fun! (It's my first HiFi DAP.. I really don't know what to expect but i am sure i won't be disappointed.)
What about using the DX90 while working on cubase? (Besides the delay.. Are they planning to fix it someday? I want to watch movies with it.. I still can watch silent movies with that though.)  

I've gotten the DX90 to work on our Wiindows 7 and Windows 8 PCs, but the audio lag is definite, and pronounced.  You can minimize the lag in VLC settings, but to be honest, for movies, we switch in the FIIO e17 or iFi iDSD Micro. and they sync perfectly with movies and videos with no adjustment.  I heard about a firmware upgrade that was supposed to come about the same time as the driver, but haven't seen it materialize yet.  Hopefully it will help or offer an offset value setting to minimize the lag at least.

Nov 2, 2014 at 6:50 PM Post #8,780 of 14,084
I still can't get my PC to recognise the DX90 as a sound device. The driver has installed fine and Mango Device appears in the device list in Device Manager, but as a separate device, not under Audio or under Game Controllers etc. So when I go into sound or through foobar2000 it doesn't list the mango device so I can't select it. I have checked all the status info on the mango device and everything is OK.

Has anyone managed to get the new USB DAC driver 1.0 to work in this configuration, Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit, Intel NUC i5, only USB 3.0 ports?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Nov 2, 2014 at 7:09 PM Post #8,781 of 14,084
  I still can't get my PC to recognise the DX90 as a sound device. The driver has installed fine and Mango Device appears in the device list in Device Manager, but as a separate device, not under Audio or under Game Controllers etc. So when I go into sound or through foobar2000 it doesn't list the mango device so I can't select it. I have checked all the status info on the mango device and everything is OK.

Has anyone managed to get the new USB DAC driver 1.0 to work in this configuration, Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit, Intel NUC i5, only USB 3.0 ports?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Did you try an unisntall of the driver and reinstall? I had it under a different heading. I did get the ? by the device but installed the driver again and it worked. 

Nov 2, 2014 at 7:51 PM Post #8,782 of 14,084
Just plugged mine up while playing World Of Tanks.  Everything worked, but the sound effects were a second or two behind the actual events...

Intel i7 3.4GHz, 32GB RAM Win 8.1 PRO 64-Bit USB 3.0 ports.

Didn't worry about the Devices list.  Just selected iBasso Mango HiFi Audio icon as the default audio device in the SOUND properties.
(Right-click over the speaker in the bottom toolbar, select "Playback Devices" and select the iBaso icon in the SOUND properties under the "Playback" tab.)

In DEVICE MANAGER, the DX90 driver is listed under "Mango Device" in the menu, and "Mango USB Interface" is listed under the Mango Device category.  Under "Sound, video and game controllers" the DX90 is listed as "iBasso Mango HiFi Audio Device".

Hope this helps!

Ken N.

Nov 3, 2014 at 2:29 AM Post #8,783 of 14,084
I managed to install everything and I can choose the DX90 as DAC. Foobar plays the files and everything, there just is no sound coming out of the DX90.
I gave up, I wasn't planning on using it like that anyway. Oh and I did get one BSOD after the first install

Nov 3, 2014 at 8:42 AM Post #8,784 of 14,084
I managed to install everything and I can choose the DX90 as DAC. Foobar plays the files and everything, there just is no sound coming out of the DX90.
I gave up, I wasn't planning on using it like that anyway. Oh and I did get one BSOD after the first install

Sorry to hear that you had problems getting sound. A trick I use to "keep it simple" is when I select the DX90 in the audio properties, I select the TEST option in properties before leaving the window, just to be sure that everything is sounding the way I want. If it sounds in the properties test, then I know that I've mis-configured something else. Likely the program I'm trying to get sound out of.

To confirm for you: I use the DX90 into a USB 3 port, using a micro USB 2 ended cable. I have the headphones into the headphone jack and listen directly. (I'm also pretty sure that I used the line out jack when I tried it with our media center.)
I changed the sampling from CD quality to 24-bit 192 quality sound. If I set it at the maximum, it gets "weird and unstable, including the widows 8.1 equivalent of a legacy Windows BSOD.

Ken N.

Nov 3, 2014 at 1:03 PM Post #8,788 of 14,084
  Is there another firmware to consider besides Rockbox? And what can i change besides themes in rockbox and will every theme work on the DX90 well (For example one made for sansa fuze)?

Just a quick question related to this - am I correct that Rockbox only plays 16/44 and not 24/96 or 24/192?  That is why I have not tried Rockbox yet...  

Nov 3, 2014 at 1:07 PM Post #8,789 of 14,084
From what i have heard yes, it is correct. But i dont know how much of a difference a human ear can tell between 24 and 16bit (I haven't received my DX90 yet, So all i know is from this forum).

Nov 3, 2014 at 1:16 PM Post #8,790 of 14,084
Rockbox plays all files but downsamples hires to cdres. As I understand it the reason for this is not technical but because the consensus of the rockbox development community is that hires has no benefit over cd but is a hoax

Users who are viewing this thread

Back