DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Aug 15, 2014 at 5:59 AM Post #7,787 of 14,084
Here are some extended cover that I posted here some long times ago,  I get this extended case for free from the Jaben only pay for the delivery fee in Taobao~~

Wish I could buy that combo outside China

Aug 15, 2014 at 7:25 AM Post #7,789 of 14,084

How do you feel about the UI with DX90 and DX100?

DX100 is using an older version of Android, is it buggy? 

I thought of switching to DX100, but I'm afraid of the laggy UI. 

The UI on both is IMO fair.  I normally leave both in all music shuffle or search independently for an odd song I'm in the mood to hear.  The DX100 is faster to navigate due to it's bigger touch screen and available search function.  I will say the DX90 front buttons are really nice...I wish the DX100 had those to allow easy adjustments while on the go.

Both units are "buggy".  However with the DX100 I find the bugs more predictable/repeatable.  Because of this I am able to avoid situations that cause problems...or know that just waiting a minute will allow everything to clear up.  With the DX100 it is normally hang-ups or a laggy UI as I navigate screens.  It is always solid during playback when hands are off of the unit.  The DX90 is still more of a wild card that the Lurker firmware has helped, but we are still getting music dropouts during playback.  I hope a future firmware will fix that issue.

Aug 15, 2014 at 9:05 AM Post #7,791 of 14,084
Hi everyone. I am trying to upgrade to the 2.1 international firmware but when I am plugin my Dx90 with the USB cable I cannot see a green box on the DX90 USBTOOL. Infact I can see a box but its a pink box and plugin while pushing the vol+ won't change anything. Can someone help me ? Thanks 

Aug 15, 2014 at 12:15 PM Post #7,792 of 14,084
  Hi everyone. I am trying to upgrade to the 2.1 international firmware but when I am plugin my Dx90 with the USB cable I cannot see a green box on the DX90 USBTOOL. Infact I can see a box but its a pink box and plugin while pushing the vol+ won't change anything. Can someone help me ? Thanks 

if your DX90 haven't special problem, you aren't need to using USBTOOL to flash lurker0 modified ver 2.1.0, just follow ibasso official update firmware step is ok.

Aug 15, 2014 at 2:05 PM Post #7,793 of 14,084

if your DX90 haven't special problem, you aren't need to using USBTOOL to flash lurker0 modified ver 2.1.0, just follow ibasso official update firmware step is ok.

Well, it's because this first thing didn't worked that I tried to use USBTOOL (my DX90 didn't recognized the .img). But I tried it again now and it updated without any issue. Thanks 

Aug 15, 2014 at 3:54 PM Post #7,794 of 14,084
I find no real bugs on the DX90. I use it every day for all the different formats. It just works, hour after hour, day after day. 

In comparison to the DX100, I like the large screen of the 100 but then you also have a bigger player, obviously. The sound is different and I wouldn't say one is better than the other with the latest FW on the DX90. 

Aug 16, 2014 at 12:03 PM Post #7,795 of 14,084
EDIT:  Problem solved by removing the battery and replacing it.  The unit "magically" powered on with a full charge.

. . . technology.

Aug 16, 2014 at 1:02 PM Post #7,796 of 14,084
  I ran my DX90 completely dry last night, looping Opeth on infinite repeat to burn in my new IEMs and today it won't turn on even while plugged in.  I've had it plugged directly into the wall through an appropriate charging device (which I've double-checked on my HTC One) for well over an hour and I get zero response from the power button.  It won't even show me the charcoal background with the green "charging" icon.

Is this normal with a drained iBasso product—like there's some charge threshold it needs to pass before it can respond—or might I have just lost the cosmic lottery?  Thanks in advance for your input.

Try it without the USB plugged in. Hold down the power button for 10 seconds or more and see if it will come on. 

Aug 17, 2014 at 5:53 AM Post #7,797 of 14,084
Hi,

I am having same problem... I have now tried to manually install driver but when trying to put the location of the drivers i downloaded from Ibasso it doesnt find them...

Why is it so difficult to do something like this?

Thanks,

Aug 17, 2014 at 6:18 AM Post #7,798 of 14,084
Hi,

I am having same problem... I have now tried to manually install driver but when trying to put the location of the drivers i downloaded from Ibasso it doesnt find them...

Why is it so difficult to do something like this?

Thanks,

Try making a folder, putting everything inside, then selecting that folder. I think that's what I did. And you also have to disable signature drivers and change the player to DAC mode. Mine says "Test Mode, Windows 7, Build 7601" on the bottom right when I did that.

Aug 17, 2014 at 6:28 AM Post #7,799 of 14,084
Try making a folder, putting everything inside, then selecting that folder. I think that's what I did. And you also have to disable signature drivers and change the player to DAC mode. Mine says "Test Mode, Windows 7, Build 7601" on the bottom right when I did that.

yes.. i did this and it says i have installed the driver... i rebooted and connected using DAC setting in USB settings.. but nothing shows up when i go to audio devices... any ideas??

Aug 17, 2014 at 9:10 AM Post #7,800 of 14,084
I'm just getting caught up on this thread after my laptop died a horrible death. Last thing I did on it was, update my DX90. At least now I got a new MSI with I7 and SSD, it is blazing fast. But I think I might stick with current, excellent DX90 firmware for a while, just to be safe. Or am I being paranoid? I think it was that darn batchtool.

Also noticed all the discussion about the leather cases, they are very attractive but please consider using no case. My DX90 gets very hot when I drive my TG334s (but these are very low impedance). Even the supplied silicon case reduces heat transfer which reduces the life and mA output of the DX90. And let's face it - in a couple of years a button will break or something, and you will probably toss the DX90. What do you care if the DX90 has scratches or not, at that point. At least you won't be tossing an expensive AK120 which is just as likely to break. Just my stupid opinion I guess.

Also I have found the new Mugen battery to extend operating time considerably, well over the 10% claim. Before, the battery indicator was down one bar almost immediately, now it takes a couple of hours to budge the indicator. So far I have never depleted the battery but I usually don't use it over 4 hours at a time. I agree with other posters that probably the battery supplied with the DX90 is kind of lame, and upgrade to any type of higher quality S3 battery will probably help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back