DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Jun 28, 2014 at 4:33 AM Post #6,468 of 14,084
Yes, if you want it to sound better.  If you get a good amp, you will notice a difference from 90's built in amp.  

I'd rather say "sound different" than "sound better". There can be specific circumstances under wich to use an amp like for very difficalut to drive phones or wanting to go balanced or wanting a different flavour of sound but in general there is no "need" for an amp, the build in amp is a very capable amp in most cases

Jun 28, 2014 at 7:26 AM Post #6,471 of 14,084
DX90 Hibino version coming July 18. . .   

Not sure if this is on anyone`s radar yet :::

http://www.hibino-intersound.co.jp/information/4057.html

I have really been enjoying my dx50 and I had pretty much decided to get the dx90.  Then the X5 started looking really good, and that Hidizs AP100, too.  

THEN, I stumble into the Portable Audio show in Tokyo today and there, among all the usual suspects, I find the Hibino table. And he`s got two of their own DX90s for listening....   I have their pimped out iBasso D-zero SE tiny DAC/Amp which despite a slight channel imbalance sounds awesome.  And I`ve heard lots of good things about their version of the dx100; the r10 I think it is called...  
So I am super stoked about their DX90.  The guy at the booth told me they`re reworking the soldering (7x the silver content, according to the webpage above) and he made lots of vague references to how they have improved the sound and build quality.  I couldn`t quite understand what he said about the actual construction/assembly - he either said it would be made in a special production line, or in a different factory.  Either way, the webpage talks about ISO -certified construction.  

I think I will be getting it.  

Jun 28, 2014 at 7:53 AM Post #6,473 of 14,084
  http://bbs.imp3.net/forum.php?mod=viewthread&action=printable&tid=11161043

Funny google translate.

lol yes, very incomprehensible... seems he ranked AK240 below DX90 and X5, but at the end he mentioned AK240 is worth the price? Or did he only mean worth the price in the aesthetics point? =.=

Jun 28, 2014 at 7:56 AM Post #6,475 of 14,084

lol yes, very incomprehensible... seems he ranked AK240 below DX90 and X5, but at the end he mentioned AK240 is worth the price? Or did he only mean worth the price in the aesthetics point? =.=

i hate when aesthetics are brought while comparing an audiophile player............the minimum requirement should be a stable user interface and a good screen,thats it.................rest all points must be for sound only.

Jun 28, 2014 at 9:06 AM Post #6,476 of 14,084
  http://bbs.imp3.net/forum.php?mod=viewthread&action=printable&tid=11161043

Funny google translate.

Yes that is very funny. The guy has quite a bit of cloth in his ears. 

Jun 28, 2014 at 9:23 AM Post #6,477 of 14,084
biggrin.gif
 I better not post this on the ak240 thread

Jun 28, 2014 at 9:44 AM Post #6,479 of 14,084

Yes, if you want it to sound better.  If you get a good amp, you will notice a difference from 90's built in amp.  

You know how odd that sounds from someone that talks like a techie. You say the amp stage is neutral enough to use as a line out and like dc coupled amps with low output impedance, which this is. You know, all the things your not yet finished best amp ever has. It has enough current to drive anything intended for portable so why would it need an external amp for that purpose? Different doesn't mean better.

Jun 28, 2014 at 9:51 AM Post #6,480 of 14,084
@Dopaminer
Sounds quite interesting. I wonder about the specs of their tuned Version and what is really different from the original DX90. Because I don't understand Japanese and the Google translator is quite incapable, I can't get quite the Information from their Homepage. By the way: Did you get a hint already about the Price?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back