DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
May 24, 2014 at 5:25 PM Post #5,611 of 14,084
Now back to 2.0.0 n my foot start tapping automatically while listening to it. I smile the same smile when I first got n listen to the dx90. Seriously What ibasso do to firmware 2.0.5. Been trying to get use to it tried many configurations slow or sharp roll and gain switch.. No way to get that dynamic n wide soundstage of 2.0.0. Sorry IMHO the 2.0.5 sound worst then Dx50.. I dun care abt the over sensitive screen or UI. SQ my top concern.

I do not agree with this at all! 2.05 with my GR07 MkII sounds amazing! I have a DX50 as well and there is no comparison. The DX90 trumps the DX50 in every way. What phones/IEMs are you using?

May 24, 2014 at 5:30 PM Post #5,612 of 14,084
  I give up :|
The reason to go back is simply to compare the differences in SQ. I do that to see which one works best with the headphones I mostly use. Because of the unique characteristics of my phones then certain characteristics suite them better than others. Im quite happy with both FW's its just that Im looking to suite my own set up best is all :)
Thanks for the replys...seems no matter what I do, I only get a pink box...never mind :/

If you really can't succeed with the firmware upgrade/downgrade, have you tried reformatting the internal memory first? I know it's a bit more drastic, but...

May 24, 2014 at 5:30 PM Post #5,613 of 14,084
I do not agree with this at all! 2.05 with my GR07 MkII sounds amazing! I have a DX50 as well and there is no comparison. The DX90 trumps the DX50 in every way. What phones/IEMs are you using?

I guess this just proves once again that we all hear differently! If that were not the case, everyone would own the same equipment with the same firmware with the same headphones with the same music etc, etc....

May 24, 2014 at 5:49 PM Post #5,614 of 14,084
The reason to go back is simply to compare the differences in SQ. I do that to see which one works best with the headphones I mostly use. Because of the unique characteristics of my phones then certain characteristics suite them better than others. Im quite happy with both FW's its just that Im looking to suite my own set up best is all :)
Thanks for the replys...seems no matter what I do, I only get a pink box...never mind :/

Hello,
TRANCE, helped me out with this batchtool. Read these directions, FYI I could only get mine to work on my Windows 7 laptop not 8,
After you connect DX90 to pc while holding volume up button, if your prompted to find drivers, direct it to the RockUSB folder in the rkbatchtool file, if not prompted for drivers, You need to go into Device Manager on you PC, find the icon labeled with a question mark, open it up, go to Driver tab, hit update driver, direct to the folder labeled RockUSB from the rkbatchtool file you got and press update. Then you can open the rkbatchtool app, click the bottom left button and select the second option to change language to english, input the directory for the firmware you want to load at the top, then click upgrade at the bottom to start the flash.

May 24, 2014 at 6:07 PM Post #5,615 of 14,084
@TheMaestro335 yes thanks but as I say I always get a pink box and not the neccesary green box !?! ):

May 24, 2014 at 6:21 PM Post #5,616 of 14,084
I guess this just proves once again that we all hear differently! If that were not the case, everyone would own the same equipment with the same firmware with the same headphones with the same music etc, etc....

That's the most sensible thing I have heard all day. :deadhorse: oops sorry :beerchug: :D

Hello,
TRANCE, helped me out with this batchtool. Read these directions, FYI I could only get mine to work on my Windows 7 laptop not 8,
After you connect DX90 to pc while holding volume up button, if your prompted to find drivers, direct it to the RockUSB folder in the rkbatchtool file, if not prompted for drivers, You need to go into Device Manager on you PC, find the icon labeled with a question mark, open it up, go to Driver tab, hit update driver, direct to the folder labeled RockUSB from the rkbatchtool file you got and press update. Then you can open the rkbatchtool app, click the bottom left button and select the second option to change language to english, input the directory for the firmware you want to load at the top, then click upgrade at the bottom to start the flash.

That's very useful info ask @jamato8 to add it on the first page.

Just toss it on burn in, assume it's a brand new DX90 and wait another 40 or so hours until either of the two changes, your mind or the player then maybe you'll love the 2.0.5 version better :D

May 24, 2014 at 6:27 PM Post #5,617 of 14,084
May 24, 2014 at 6:32 PM Post #5,618 of 14,084
Just toss it on burn in, assume it's a brand new DX90 and wait another 40 or so hours until either of the two changes, your mind or the player then maybe you'll love the 2.0.5 version better
biggrin.gif

I assume your'e the type of person that dances really fast to very slow music  :D

May 24, 2014 at 6:37 PM Post #5,620 of 14,084
I think we should all put on the headphones and do the Snoopy dance down the street. 

May 24, 2014 at 10:54 PM Post #5,622 of 14,084
Hi. I ordered the DX90 directly from ibasso. I then realized that since I'm in the US it would be better to order from amazon since I wouldn't have to pay shipping and I would get it quicker. I emailed ibasso about an hour or two after I placed the order and the again tonight if they can cancel the order so that I could order it from amazon. I haven't heard from them yet. Is there any other way for me to cancel the order?

May 24, 2014 at 10:58 PM Post #5,623 of 14,084
Hi. I ordered the DX90 directly from ibasso. I then realized that since I'm in the US it would be better to order from amazon since I wouldn't have to pay shipping and I would get it quicker. I emailed ibasso about an hour or two after I placed the order and the again tonight if they can cancel the order so that I could order it from amazon. I haven't heard from them yet. Is there any other way for me to cancel the order?

Ibasso is really good at getting back to emails, I'm sure you will hear from them Sunday night or Monday morning. Ibasso ships really fast but the 22 shipping fee is a bit much..

May 24, 2014 at 11:22 PM Post #5,624 of 14,084
Has any body compared SQ with and without the EQ? I know there is a change in level, but after compensating for that, is SQ degraded with EQ active?

IMO, this will be very difficult, if not impossible, to determine subjectively, mostly due to that large difference in level. Differences as low a 0.5dB in level are known to skew results, almost always in favor of the louder sample, e.g. "There is definitely more micro-detail with the EQ On, or Off...(whichever one is louder). There might even be a significant difference in S/N ratios and Crosstalk, but these specs are so good in modern electronics, even in inexpensive equipment, that they might still be easily beyond our audible threshold, and would have to be measured by high-quality test equipment. And some of us might prefer a bit of harmonic distortion anyway, LOL. So there's that.

You would have to measure the output voltage from the HO using a 1kHz Sine Wave or similar with a DMM to get the output levels exactly matched between the EQ On and EQ Off settings. Then use the Head-Fi/ Dr. Chesky's Ultimate Headphone Demonstration Disc and/or other well-recorded track(s) that you are very familiar with. Use a piece of graph paper or a blank wall at a consistent distance in front of you to mark imaging & staging/placement and bounderies in different colors for each setting. And make specific written notes of subtle details for the bass, mid-bass, midrange, treble, specific instrumets, and any vocals. Try the "Apache" track from Joe Weed's "The Vultures" album, or "A-B-C" by Hot Chip from the "Coming On Strong" album, LOL.

Ideally, you would have two of the same DAP's, Level Matched and playing the same track synchronized, with one DAP having the EQ On and the other EQ Off. Connect the same set of HP to an A/B switch and have someone randomly switch between the two DAPs without you knowing which one is which. Even then, good luck. The mind is a tricky bugger!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back