DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
May 3, 2014 at 7:53 AM Post #4,486 of 14,084
I also bought from Gmarket and it's pretty hassle free with fast ems shipping.

Very good case right? The company has a bunch of DAP cases so they just know how to make case right.

May 3, 2014 at 8:12 AM Post #4,487 of 14,084
Very good case right? The company has a bunch of DAP cases so they just know how to make case right.

Yup Dignis is the best. They designed all the AK stock cases and I had been using them since ak100.... too bad they don't do direct sale to international customers and we have to go thru e-tailers via gmarket.

May 3, 2014 at 10:52 AM Post #4,488 of 14,084

Sorry about the previous link not working.  If this one doesn't work, you can find this video on the home page of Steph's web site at http://www.stephjohnsonband.com
using a desktop browser.  The links on her home page don't show up on many "mobile" browsers.

May 3, 2014 at 12:48 PM Post #4,489 of 14,084
Has anyone compared the DX90 to DX100? I couldn't find a very relevant thread in forum search...

May 3, 2014 at 1:00 PM Post #4,490 of 14,084
OK, 194 hours of burn in . . . Not noticed a huge difference but will keep going, getting some serious burn in on 2 pairs of IEMS :D
BUT now Ive noticed a serious issue - when I play 16/44 tracks on the internal drive, they play for about 2/3 of the song then skip once or twice and immediately go to the next track where the same happens ):
Any thoughts? Im going to factory reset and reload the files now but if anyone has had similar experiences?  :) 

May 3, 2014 at 2:48 PM Post #4,491 of 14,084
Has anyone compared the DX90 to DX100? I couldn't find a very relevant thread in forum search...

The DX90 is easier to use with a more intuitive UI and hardware Play, Fwd, and Rev buttons, but the DX100, IMO, has the better overall SQ and significantly higher output power. Both require quality phones to realize their full potentials.

That said, I find myself using my DX90 far more than my DX100.

May 3, 2014 at 3:11 PM Post #4,492 of 14,084
Yup Dignis is the best. They designed all the AK stock cases and I had been using them since ak100.... too bad they don't do direct sale to international customers and we have to go thru e-tailers via gmarket.

I was looking for a case too, and maybe we should do a group buy?

Update: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=ibasso%20dx90%20case

Amazon has them, with red/orange and slightly cheaper!

May 3, 2014 at 3:27 PM Post #4,493 of 14,084

Sorry about the previous link not working.  If this one doesn't work, you can find this video on the home page of Steph's web site at http://www.stephjohnsonband.com
using a desktop browser.  The links on her home page don't show up on many "mobile" browsers.

I have emailed and asked on the facebook page. nothing.....? 

May 3, 2014 at 3:55 PM Post #4,495 of 14,084
Sorry to say that I donated to her via paypal over a week ago and received ... - nothing. No reply, no download, no CD. Also no reply to my e mail   - so guys be cautious !   
I must say  I did like the music though but this business conduct is a no go. 

May 3, 2014 at 4:19 PM Post #4,496 of 14,084
Sorry to say that I donated to her via paypal over a week ago and received ... - nothing. No reply, no download, no CD. Also no reply to my e mail   - so guys be cautious !   
I must say  I did like the music though but this business conduct is a no go. 

Wow. I'm really sorry guys. :frowning2: TBH, I haven't corresponded with her recently, but a few months back she had always been prompt and very appreciative. I don't do Facebook so I can't comment about that. I did donate via her PayPal link on her web site on 3 different occasions and always received my CD's within a week (after my initial purchase I wanted a few more to give as gifts).

I'll see if I can contact her and see what's up. For those of you who donated the required $20 and have not received a CD, maybe I can at least setup a Dropbox with WAV files ripped from the original CD using dbpoweramp or EAC (with her permission of course).

I don't want to derail this thread any further so PM or email me if you have donated for a CD and have not received it, or read below! Thanks.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

EDIT: You can download 16/44 FLAC files of this album for USD $10.89 if you use the "CD BABY" link on Steph Johnson's home page. And here's the direct link...

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/stephjohnson3

I didn't realize this until I just checked. :xf_eek: I thought that just MP3 & AAC files were available for download. Hope this helps.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

EDIT # 2 (May 3, 2014): I received an almost instant email reply from Steph Johnson earlier this afternoon. :) Sorry that I didn't post sooner...had to get some dinner in me!

GOOD NEWS (and a bit of bad news)! Steph said that she just mailed out a BUNCH of recent CD orders this FRIDAY (May 2nd), so those who recently ordered/donated to receive a CD should be receiving them within a week. :) (even though you may not have received an email response from her about your order or it being mailed out).

She said to sincerely apologize to anyone who she did not get back to immediately, and said that she will double-check to see if any emails were overlooked. Unfortunately, she is facing some unknown health issues and that has impacted her response time due to the many doctor visits and exams, in addition to keeping up with gigging, volunteering, writing music, giving guitar/music lessons, life, etc.

She asked to PLEASE contact her directly via EMAIL at... stephjohnsonband AT gmail D O T com if you still have not received a response to your previous emails. I asked that she continue to check her junk mail/spam folders, and you may want to do the same for her replies. :wink: Thanks for your patience ladies and gents!

Billy B.

May 3, 2014 at 5:04 PM Post #4,497 of 14,084
The DX90 is easier to use with a more intuitive UI and hardware Play, Fwd, and Rev buttons, but the DX100, IMO, has the better overall SQ and significantly higher output power. Both require quality phones to realize their full potentials.

That said, I find myself using my DX90 far more than my DX100.

Hmm... that would be a tough choice then... Now that DX100 second hand is usually only ~100 dollars more than DX90. I'm not too sure what I'm after for most from a DAP: ease of mind or joy of ears
But thank you! 

May 3, 2014 at 7:56 PM Post #4,498 of 14,084
Hmm... that would be a tough choice then... Now that DX100 second hand is usually only ~100 dollars more than DX90. I'm not too sure what I'm after for most from a DAP: ease of mind or joy of ears
But thank you! 

If you plan to only use IEM's with your DAP, the audio differences between the DX90 and DX100 become notably less. It is only when you begin to compare phones that are challenging to drive that you begin to really notice the differences, such as headroom, dynamic range, etc.

May 3, 2014 at 8:59 PM Post #4,499 of 14,084
Oh I see. I actually do use primarily IEMs for portable. So guess it's better to go with the new guy! 

May 3, 2014 at 11:05 PM Post #4,500 of 14,084
If you plan to only use IEM's with your DAP, the audio differences between the DX90 and DX100 become notably less. It is only when you begin to compare phones that are challenging to drive that you begin to really notice the differences, such as headroom, dynamic range, etc.

I think I prefer the dx90 tuning over dx100 as the dx100 can be quite dry and sterile sounding. And the UI lags were also quite bad on dx100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back