DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Apr 26, 2014 at 6:03 AM Post #4,217 of 14,084
Ordered last week then got an mail that they won't be able to ship before this Friday. So yesterday I mailed them since I haven't heard from them. They told me that they've shipped it on thursday already and during the day I'll receive a DHL tracking number. When I got it I could see that only shipping info was available and only today the shipment was picked up.

Why would they lie about this?

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Apr 26, 2014 at 6:16 AM Post #4,218 of 14,084
Ordered last week then got an mail that they won't be able to ship before this Friday. So yesterday I mailed them since I haven't heard from them. They told me that they've shipped it on thursday already and during the day I'll receive a DHL tracking number. When I got it I could see that only shipping info was available and only today the shipment was picked up.

Why would they lie about this?

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

They might have sent shipping info on Thursday but it's still up to DHL to pick it up isn't it? Important thing is on it's way and you just need to wait a couple of days.

Apr 26, 2014 at 10:57 AM Post #4,220 of 14,084
Don't bother, DX90's internal amp at low gain is more powerful than C5's max output @ 32ohm load

C5: 1.182 Vrms
DX90: 1.3 Vrms (low gain), 2.8Vrms (max gain)

I had a C5D (similar amp as C5) and it's struggling to drive my Beyer T1 you and have no room to spare volume-wise, you are stuck at max volume.. DX90 on the other hand can drive it just fine with a bit of room to spare.
thx for the info.

Apr 26, 2014 at 11:23 AM Post #4,221 of 14,084
thx for the info.

In terms of driving power and quality, you'll need the very top portable amps to improved upon stock DX90 internal amp.  None of my IEMs sound noticeably better with amping over dx90 standalone, and it even drives my LCD3 to satisfaction.  

Apr 26, 2014 at 11:50 AM Post #4,222 of 14,084

In terms of driving power and quality, you'll need the very top portable amps to improved upon stock DX90 internal amp.  None of my IEMs sound noticeably better with amping over dx90 standalone, and it even drives my LCD3 to satisfaction.  

True, DX90 and X5 is rendering several portable amps obsolete. If you really need amping on DX90, you might as well go with the desktop amp or the TOTL, plenty of juice portable amps. I already sold my C5D, my UHA-4 will be next.

Apr 26, 2014 at 11:59 AM Post #4,223 of 14,084

True, DX90 and X5 is rendering several portable amps obsolete. If you really need amping on DX90, you might as well go with the desktop amp or the TOTL, plenty of juice portable amps. I already sold my C5D, my UHA-4 will be next.

Not just an amp but using coax to connect to the Chord Hugo improves everything!  This combo will give the AK240 a run for the money :wink:

Apr 26, 2014 at 12:35 PM Post #4,225 of 14,084

For that setup, you don't even need a DX90. A DX50 will do the exact same thing paired with Hugo.

True if the coax is the same quality between the 2.  I bought the DX90 and it was a clearly much better than the DX50 but I couldn't find a decent amp to go with it, RSA SR71a didn't improve it by much.  When I added the Hugo it exceeded the SQ of my DX100.

Apr 26, 2014 at 1:03 PM Post #4,229 of 14,084
This 'hobby' is starting to get expensive real fast!  I used to look at people with their hifi rigs with balanced outputs, pre amps, speaker wires and shake my head.  Now I want all that sound quality in a package I can carry with me.  We start off slowly with an ipod, move to an iphone then start messing with earphones.  Max that then move to dacs and amps, reach the limits then move to DAPs, redo dacs and amps and earphones and the prices rise exponentially with quality.  On top of that synergies make us side grade etc.
I bought a DX100 two years ago to replace a Sony Walkman and RSA SR71a amp and was completely satisfied with the quality, fast forward two years and the audio scene moves on with DSD, DXD, 24/192 and need to replace my entire rig!  Now I'm just waiting for my JH Roxannes to ship.  What is the pinnacle of portable audio now?

Apr 26, 2014 at 2:03 PM Post #4,230 of 14,084
what TOTL would u rexommend with dx90 to drive HE500 properly?

I'm just considering my options here, but I think getting desktop amp and dac (magni modi or audio gd 11.32) would be cheaper. By doing so, I would be sacrificing the portability within the house which I really wanted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back