DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Apr 25, 2014 at 2:34 PM Post #4,186 of 14,084

Bass light? I don't see (hear) it. 

The DX90 is most definitely not bass light. It is bass accurate, unlike many other sources. The DX90 will give you thunderous knock-out-your-fillings bass, but only if it's in the music!

Apr 25, 2014 at 2:43 PM Post #4,187 of 14,084

I bought that one. I got about an hour more out of it than the original battery. Guess its still something?

It is more like 2200mah.. I got it last night and just put it through the burn cycle with my DX90 It is not bad. It says made in japan but I doubt this as it seems to be coming from China. It most certainly is not 3800mah. It is very similar to the stock battery in performance.

A lot of these batteries are made in the same factory but are labelled differently. Kinda misleading that they put 3800mah but I suppose that will sell a battery.. For $10 not bad secondary battery.. Just as good as the stock one so far.

Apr 25, 2014 at 2:46 PM Post #4,189 of 14,084

Westone W4R/W40 are not bass light.  Not even close.

Agreed - just many have mentioned that they wished for more bass - as if these were like a DB02 or something... your graph only goes to prove my point - there is a ton of QUALITY bass, if it is there in the recording.

Apr 25, 2014 at 2:58 PM Post #4,191 of 14,084
I just A/B'd by W4Rs on my iPhone 5 & DX90 - wow - when members state that the Westones open up with amplification, they weren't joking - all of the sudden the iPhone HO sounds thin and reedy in comparison. The DX90 makes them sing - Certainly there are a few bugs that will have to be worked out - I'm comfortable they will - but this is the first non-Apple DAP I have committed to - and the choice is a no brainer. Everything is nice and tight - I love the fact that I can control the unit with the screen off - If I am in the middle of an album, I know where each song is, so all I have to do is reach into my pocket. The buttons are logically placed - the size is perfect. I am not sure if I could deal with a DAP that was much bigger though - some of these behemoths are just too monstrous.

Apr 25, 2014 at 3:03 PM Post #4,192 of 14,084
  The DX90 is most definitely not bass light. It is bass accurate, unlike many other sources. The DX90 will give you thunderous knock-out-your-fillings bass, but only if it's in the music!

Very true. On some recordings I had to pause, because I wasn't sure if I was hearing my own heartbeat or if it was in the recording.
It was more feeling than hearing. Subsonic bass, probably never meant to be heard.:wink:

Heir 8.A driven straight from the DX90 on mid gain.

Apr 25, 2014 at 3:50 PM Post #4,194 of 14,084
The bass question is interesting as I have been comparing my headphones (out of DX90) in anticipation of writing some sort of review of my new gear - I have a pair of custom W4Rs and I have read in numerous posts that they are bass "light" in comparison to some other choices (I never heard the universal version - I bought on reputation)

Some of the selections I have chosen to compare bass output, texture, timbre, etc... are Rage Against The Machine, Sublime, Yes, Dave Matthews among others. What I have found is the W4R is anything but bass light - they go very low - and get good volume - they aren't JH16's or 1964 V8's, but I can't imagine anyone (even a bass head) not thinking the bass was solid.

Maybe there is a problem with his unit - because this little DAP has a solid low end. SOLID. I don't use an amp - so far all I have listened to is Apple Lossless - and I don't touch the EQ.

Bass light? I don't see (hear) it. 

+1
My W40s have ample deep tight bass and my newly acquired B&W P7s too much (clamping a bit tight, trying to loosen it!)

Apr 25, 2014 at 5:25 PM Post #4,195 of 14,084

It is more like 2200mah.. I got it last night and just put it through the burn cycle with my DX90 It is not bad. It says made in japan but I doubt this as it seems to be coming from China. It most certainly is not 3800mah. It is very similar to the stock battery in performance.

A lot of these batteries are made in the same factory but are labelled differently. Kinda misleading that they put 3800mah but I suppose that will sell a battery.. For $10 not bad secondary battery.. Just as good as the stock one so far.

You might have a point there, been running in first time, don't think its gonna be longer than the stock one :frowning2:
But on a good note, the battery is decent and it works fine ( judging by my similar one in the Galaxy)

Apr 25, 2014 at 5:30 PM Post #4,196 of 14,084
I wouldnt be surprised if it comes from the exact same place that the stock DX90 battery was made. The label isn't proper.. One way to tell is if you take the label of the battery completely off and take a good look at the plastic housing of the batteries. If it looks the same.. It is the same.. I just got done testing the new battery and it has almost the exact same run time as the stock battery.. But again for $10. I ain't gonna complain. I got 2 batteries when combined and can now go for 17 hours of non stop music. Not bad.

Apr 25, 2014 at 5:50 PM Post #4,198 of 14,084
Both lasts almost exactly the same. Same exact size and thickness. Even though the ebay bought battery says it is made from Japan..It also says it is 3800mAh. Which it isn't.. I am leaning toward them being from the same factory that produced the made in China battery that is 2100mAh on the DX90.. 

Apr 25, 2014 at 6:26 PM Post #4,200 of 14,084
Has anyone paired dx90 with HE500?

Yes it sounds quite good but in my opinion this phone is borderline on the DX90 being able to drive it properly. It's loud enough for ne at high gain and about 240 volume but the control that both the balanced SR71-B and my home amp delivers is not quite there with the DX90

Users who are viewing this thread

Back