DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Apr 25, 2014 at 6:30 PM Post #4,201 of 14,084
Yes it sounds quite good but in my opinion this phone is borderline on the DX90 being able to drive it properly. It's loud enough for ne at high gain and about 240 volume but the control that both the balanced SR71-B and my home amp delivers is not quite there with the DX90
what about an external amp such as c5 paired with dx90? Would that be a good match?

Apr 25, 2014 at 6:55 PM Post #4,202 of 14,084
For those who are having difficulty with proper scanning with their DX90, perhaps my experience will prove helpful....

I removed the micro SD card from my DX50 where it was playing flawlessly and inserted it into my DX90. (all of my music is on the sd card, none on the internal memory) The option for scanning appeared and I selected "scan". When finished, it first appeared that my music was present but after listening to the shuffle mode for awhile, it was obvious that many of the same tunes and/or artists were being repeated. I then checked in "Albums" and found only a small number of albums and artists showing. Likewise, in "All Music", there was only a small number of files showing of what I knew was actually present. Many of the albums showed "null".

I then, leaving the card in place, accomplished a "wipe and factory reset". This was done by holding both the volume up and power button together, not by selecting from the settings menu. When this procedure was completed, once again the scan option appeared and once again I selected "Scan". This scan took about 4 or 5 minutes. (my 64gb card is nearly full) Following the completion of this scan, all of my music, albums and artists appeared exactly as in my DX50. All of my albums are by folder, one album per folder. I drag and drop from my computer and do not use itunes or any sort of tagging program.

Since then, my DX90 has performed flawlessly.

Thanks HiFlight, I will try as I have been struggling with the media scan problem.  Would you be willing to post this solution here?:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/715434/ibasso-dx90-bug-thread-post-any-firmware-bugs-issues-here#post_10478909

Apr 25, 2014 at 7:19 PM Post #4,203 of 14,084
  Both lasts almost exactly the same. Same exact size and thickness. Even though the ebay bought battery says it is made from Japan..It also says it is 3800mAh. Which it isn't.. I am leaning toward them being from the same factory that produced the made in China battery that is 2100mAh on the DX90.. 

It did 7 1/2 to 8 hours on first charge, so i guess that's about the same as stock or maybe a tinny tiny bit better?
confused_face_2.gif

Apr 25, 2014 at 7:41 PM Post #4,205 of 14,084
HI guys & gals

My dx90 was ready to collect on Thursday from the post office it had been released from the customs in Coventry & parcel farce had attempted delivery but I was on nights & fast asleep damn!
The good news unbelievably there were no additional costs & it didn't appear that the customs had opened the package no jiffy bag just a plastic bag with a clear piece on the front with the paperwork in.

FANTASTIC!!

Cheers Jules

p.s. now i'm learning what all the fuss is about very impressed 

Anybody even contemplating buying, do so, you absolutely will not regret it unless you've heard much better & can justify the much higher cost of others. 

Apr 25, 2014 at 8:27 PM Post #4,206 of 14,084
Yes it sounds quite good but in my opinion this phone is borderline on the DX90 being able to drive it properly. It's loud enough for ne at high gain and about 240 volume but the control that both the balanced SR71-B and my home amp delivers is not quite there with the DX90

Yeah, I wouldn't say the HE-500 is properly driven by the DX90. The O2 does a little better but it isn't ideal either. 

I don't think DAPs are made for driving these orthos. 

Apr 25, 2014 at 8:33 PM Post #4,207 of 14,084
I think that for the full potential, either go portable balanced, for the added power or a desktop amp. I will say though that the HE560 do well with the DX90, not full potential but very enjoyable. 

Apr 25, 2014 at 9:22 PM Post #4,208 of 14,084
Any idea how to put an order in with Ibasso right now?  It's currently listed on their website as $9,999.00. What do they think it is? A Terra player? :)

I'm presuming this is just a bug, due to it being out of stock.

Apr 25, 2014 at 9:30 PM Post #4,210 of 14,084
what about an external amp such as c5 paired with dx90? Would that be a good match?

Don't bother, DX90's internal amp at low gain is more powerful than C5's max output @ 32ohm load

C5: 1.182 Vrms
DX90: 1.3 Vrms (low gain), 2.8Vrms (max gain)

I had a C5D (similar amp as C5) and it's struggling to drive my Beyer T1 you and have no room to spare volume-wise, you are stuck at max volume.. DX90 on the other hand can drive it just fine with a bit of room to spare.

Apr 26, 2014 at 12:14 AM Post #4,211 of 14,084
Apr 26, 2014 at 12:20 AM Post #4,212 of 14,084
Apr 26, 2014 at 1:13 AM Post #4,213 of 14,084

CLUE: "If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is."  Or....ALL Chinese 128GB Micro Sd Cards on eBay are fake. especially the the 'no-name' blue and white packaged ones. The only legit 128GB maker so far is SanDisk (see Amazon).

Always test newly purchased SD cards (even SanDisk) with the following FREE memory tester app. If it doesn't pass: it's fake, no if ands or buts.

H2TESTW

Thanks for your help, but i don't have windows, do you know of a program to test it on a mac by any chance?

Memory Tester for Macs:  LINK

Apr 26, 2014 at 1:49 AM Post #4,215 of 14,084
Just a point of clarification.

I don't think BAJACRACKER was accusing the DX90 of being "base light". Merely that he wanted more bottom to drive the TH600 to his tastes.

Half full or half empty? In his perspective it is. Just nothing wrong with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back