DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Apr 17, 2014 at 9:35 AM Post #3,496 of 14,084
Paid £3. 60 to dhl which means I'll prob get it soon☺
Tho I am getting seriously concerned with the issues like freezing, scanning. .
It will be a downer after zx1 which is perfect in most respects, so lets hope for a stellar sound and good updates!

Points taken reg:dac section, just for me..totally not needed, have explorer, hrt, stoner acoustics, numerous amps/dacs,dont like anything big sticking out of my mac..

Apr 17, 2014 at 9:42 AM Post #3,498 of 14,084
Regarding the freezing issues...Do these happen when using an micro SD card that functioned OK in the DX50 or only when using a newly created card?

If the card worked properly in the DX50, it *should* work properly in the DX90, otherwise there are issues that need to be addressed by iBasso.

Apr 17, 2014 at 9:45 AM Post #3,499 of 14,084
  I was literally just scrolling through my music and it froze, its done it 7 times in 2 charges, once i switch it off and on again it plays normally, just an inconvenience

Just a possibillity, have you already tried that there are only music files on your DX90 and no cue, txt, m3u or other type of files? It is a known issue with the DX50 that these kind of files can cause freezing problems. 

Apr 17, 2014 at 10:17 AM Post #3,501 of 14,084
Soren needs to make DX90 FAQ page
happy_face1.gif

Apr 17, 2014 at 10:35 AM Post #3,503 of 14,084

Apologies for asking this again, but what is the burn-in cable?

The thing not being used enough before new owners give impressions.
wink_face.gif
 Fortunately it sounds good out of the box but I suspect it separates itself further from the pack even more after fully run in. Has anyone preferred the x5 yet with a portable phone?

As you implied it is probably too early to give impressions on the DX90, but in my previous comparison, I mentioned that IMO the X5 has a little better power reserve/dynamics at this point giving a little fuller sound on some songs with more natural bass notes. The X5 is has effortless dynamics while the DX90 can get a little Sabre tinny at this point. I also feel that the X5 has a blacker background where the DX90 is wider, more layered, and airy. The X5 black is contrasted by a wider euphoric soundstage/signature with the DX90. Given those two findings, my NT6pro is liking to be paired with the black background a little more as it complements the bell like clarity it excels at. However, that DX90 euphoric sound is really drawing me in with the NT6pro as well. Bottom line is that they are a little different and I love both and while best is relative, it really changes song by song for me depending on the song type and dynamics.

Apr 17, 2014 at 10:46 AM Post #3,504 of 14,084
To those being familiar with iBasso: where do we get possible FW updates from? The actual version on mine is 2.0.0 btw... Do we just put a new update onto the internal storage and restart the player or what is the procedure?

Note 3 tapatalking....

Apr 17, 2014 at 10:55 AM Post #3,505 of 14,084
Hey guys, I need your expertise.
I've got the UM Miracle CIEM with an iPod classic + fiio e17 and looking for an serious DAP upgrade.

What would you guys recommend me? the x5, or the dx90?
I listen to pretty much every genre with the exception of rap.

Thnx in advance guys!

Apr 17, 2014 at 10:57 AM Post #3,506 of 14,084
To those being familiar with iBasso: where do we get possible FW updates from? The actual version on mine is 2.0.0 btw... Do we just put a new update onto the internal storage and restart the player or what is the procedure?

Note 3 tapatalking....

http://www.ibasso.com/download/DX50_UserGuide.pdf
The answer is on Page 13 of the DX50 manual. Sorry I can't post it, cut and paste does not seem to be working for me.. 

Apr 17, 2014 at 11:00 AM Post #3,507 of 14,084

Note 3 tapatalking....

Assuming the same process as the DX50, you move the update.img file onto the player's memory, and an option appears in the menu which allows you to update the firmware. The device will restart in the recovery mode screen, install the update, then restart normally. It's often advised at this point to do a factory reset, and delete the update.img file. These last two steps are not necessary, but it guarantees things go smoothly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back