DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Apr 16, 2014 at 2:38 PM Post #3,361 of 14,084

I've tried FAT32 and ex-FAT. The DX90 recognises it, but refuses to do a scan of it. It will start, and the orange bar will never appear. I can manually scan the files in, but it does the same thing after every 20 or so files. It seems to be freezing less frequently now, but I'm only down to artists beginning with the letter C...

Another oddity I've encountered is with 'ée'. My DX90 seems to create three of the same artist, but the 'ée' in the last two is replaced with Japanese/Chinese characters. Here's a picture:

http://imageshack.com/a/img845/2741/9f9m.jpg

Somewhat unsurprisingly, these glitched artists and albums cause the DX90 to freeze. 

You might want to skim the DX50 FAQ, there's a few pointers on making sure the files on the card are squeaky clean or scanning will freeze. Have you tried adding one artist folder at a time to see if it's a specific file that crashes it? It'll help a lot when trying to troubleshoot the issues.

Apr 16, 2014 at 2:42 PM Post #3,362 of 14,084
Ordered yesterday and mailed them please to ship with DHL and not with ems express, since here in Israel ems are thiefs taking double VAT. They responded today that they'll ship on Monday with DHL. Nice!

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Apr 16, 2014 at 2:43 PM Post #3,363 of 14,084
  You might want to skim the DX50 FAQ, there's a few pointers on making sure the files on the card are squeaky clean or scanning will freeze. Have you tried adding one artist folder at a time to see if it's a specific file that crashes it? It'll help a lot when trying to troubleshoot the issues.

The first thing I tried was only have half the amount of files, and that didn't help. I took it down to around 30 artists, and it would start to scan, but always fail (I factory reset the DX90 every time it failed). So I removed the artist at the point where it would freeze, but it would freeze at around the same point. If it comes down to it, I might just have to send my micro SD card to iBasso and let them see what the problem is. 

Apr 16, 2014 at 2:43 PM Post #3,364 of 14,084
Apparently the local DHL delivery drivers in San Diego are super quiet. I requested to have the package left at the door since I didn't know if I would be home. Despite sitting only 50 feet from my front door, I didn't hear when it was delivered. I checked the tracking status online and saw it had been delivered! The box was inside a plastic sealed envelope. The tape on the box had been cut, so I assume customs must have opened it at some point.

I just loaded a few songs from HDTracks onto it. So far I am very impressed with the sound quality. Up until now, I have had to use one of my portable amps or DAC/amps to let my Noble K10s really sound their best. Of course, partly new-toy syndrome is in effect, but I will be quite content to leave the portable amps at home when I want to travel light. I'll try to post some more impressions later.

Apr 16, 2014 at 3:08 PM Post #3,366 of 14,084
Well, turns out asking the local Jaben to notify me when they had stock means that they're preordering it for me. I'd just decided not to get the DX90 when they called me saying they had a few units in stock. Went right over, listened to it through my 627 MICRO and TDS-5M, mulled over it for a bit and then pulled the trigger right there and then. This world wants my wallet burnt on a stake, I swear :D

Congrats. Impulse buy?

Apr 16, 2014 at 3:15 PM Post #3,367 of 14,084

The first thing I tried was only have half the amount of files, and that didn't help. I took it down to around 30 artists, and it would start to scan, but always fail (I factory reset the DX90 every time it failed). So I removed the artist at the point where it would freeze, but it would freeze at around the same point. If it comes down to it, I might just have to send my micro SD card to iBasso and let them see what the problem is. 

I took an empty 2 gb microsd, connected it in the DX 90. It didn't recognize it. Did a factory reset, after that, the DX90 found it. I formatted it, connected with the DX90 and put 1 album on it. And for the first time the DX90 asked  me to scan or browse this card! Will put some more folders on it to see how it deals with it.

Apr 16, 2014 at 3:21 PM Post #3,368 of 14,084
STILL no communication ):   Maybe it will arrive tomorrow
Not impressed

Waybill: 2811162314Shipment information receivedSign up for shipment notifications Saturday, April 12, 2014 at 09:34
Origin Service Area: 
arrow.gif
 HONG KONG - HKG - HONG KONG 
Destination Service Area: 
arrow.gif
 MANCHESTER - ULVERSTON - UK

1 Pieces

Saturday, April 12, 2014LocationTimePieces
1Shipment information receivedHONG KONG - HONG KONG09:34  

Apr 16, 2014 at 3:34 PM Post #3,369 of 14,084

Hi All, I have almost the same problem, wrote an e-mail to Ibasso.
Already got a reply from them (very fast, within 2 hours!):
"Hi,
I am sorry about this.  I thought it is a firmware problem
I will upload the firmware and send you a tool to fix this problem.
I will get back to you tomorrow.

Sincerely
iBasso Audio"

edit; Received their e-mail around 03.30 a.m. Hong Kong Time. They really are working around the clock!!

Apr 16, 2014 at 3:34 PM Post #3,370 of 14,084
Mine has cleared customs, so I assume it will be on a van down to the Gatwick depot and then on for delivery today (16th). Fingers crossed.

Please let me know it it clears quick.i am getting mine via dhl, left ibasso yesterday.

Apr 16, 2014 at 3:45 PM Post #3,371 of 14,084
Please let me know it it clears quick.i am getting mine via dhl, left ibasso yesterday.

Here's an image of all the stages. The times given are all local times, however.

In other news, my DX90 seems to work 'properly' now. It managed to get past the first quarter of my files, and around 2/3 of the way in, it reset during scanning. I removed the folder which it last scanned, and it managed to complete a whole scan. I don't mind having to scan in one folder - so that's much better than before.

Has anyone noticed that accented latin characters (á, à, é, è, etc.) turn into japanese/chinese characters? I've contacted iBasso about it, hopefully that'll get sorted soon. 

Apr 16, 2014 at 3:48 PM Post #3,372 of 14,084
Here's an image of all the stages. The times given are all local times, however.

In other news, my DX90 seems to work 'properly' now. It managed to get past the first quarter of my files, and around 2/3 of the way in, it reset during scanning. I removed the folder which it last scanned, and it managed to complete a whole scan. I don't mind having to scan in one folder - so that's much better than before.

Has anyone noticed that accented latin characters (á, à, é, è, etc.) turn into japanese/chinese characters? I've contacted iBasso about it, hopefully that'll get sorted soon. 

Thanks for the info
I didn't know it didnt work properly?

Apr 16, 2014 at 3:51 PM Post #3,373 of 14,084
Well, mine also arrived today, it have been hocked up to the burn inn cable for approximately 6 hrs, now the kids are sleeping and I have time to listen.

So far I enjoy the sound, I use my Spiral Ear REF 5, it seems to pair well, they are a little on the dark side—hence to clarity of the DX 90 goes well.

I must however admit that my living room setup still have an edge, it is a PS audio perfect wave mk. 2 with a bridge card, and the amp is a Meier audio corda classic, but it is not 12 times better.

Some things puzzles me,
1.       1. Is it not possible to search e.g. on artist?
2.       2. How about the EQ, it sounds terrible when you turn it on—are others experience this
3.       3. What about the gain, I use low—but when I flick it to medium and high, the volume does not increase a lot, is this normal? And what setting is recommended for IEM’s?

Kind regards Morten

Apr 16, 2014 at 4:01 PM Post #3,375 of 14,084
[disuote name="Hobgoblinpie" url="/t/697035/ibasso-dx90-dual-sabre-es9018k2m-new-amp-section-review-1st-page/3375#post_10463800"]
That last part was for another discussion - I've been having a few problems with my DX90, whilst others haven't (which is good). 

I've narrowed it down to one file, and now it works as it should. I'll send it to iBasso to see what they make of it.
[/quote]
Hope mine arrives this quick and without issues . dissapointing battery tho

Users who are viewing this thread

Back