DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Apr 16, 2014 at 4:02 PM Post #3,376 of 14,084
I'm also one of the lucky owners of a DX90 and am very impressed by its sound quality and the new jacks.

Mine seems to have a problem. The player's hardware buttons (actually only 'play' and 'back') give me some strange behavior.
'Back' doesn't go back one song but seems to randomly select one song from the same album. There also is a delay (maybe 3 secs).
'Play' sometimes doesn't pause the song for good. It just pauses for a ms and then continues to play.
The weirdest thing is, that I don't even have to press the play or back buttons, I just have to touch them without pressing and I get a reaction.

I'm a DX50 owner and it never behaved like that. Does anyone else have these problems as well? Seems like a hardware issue to me. :frowning2:

Apr 16, 2014 at 4:15 PM Post #3,377 of 14,084
Had two three second delay on pause yes

Apr 16, 2014 at 4:31 PM Post #3,378 of 14,084
  Well, mine also arrived today, it have been hocked up to the burn inn cable for approximately 6 hrs, now the kids are sleeping and I have time to listen.

So far I enjoy the sound, I use my Spiral Ear REF 5, it seems to pair well, they are a little on the dark side—hence to clarity of the DX 90 goes well.

I must however admit that my living room setup still have an edge, it is a PS audio perfect wave mk. 2 with a bridge card, and the amp is a Meier audio corda classic, but it is not 12 times better.

Some things puzzles me,
1.       1. Is it not possible to search e.g. on artist?
2.       2. How about the EQ, it sounds terrible when you turn it on—are others experience this
3.       3. What about the gain, I use low—but when I flick it to medium and high, the volume does not increase a lot, is this normal? And what setting is recommended for IEM’s?

Kind regards Morten

I prefer high gain. For me, the sound quality is more to my liking and to me, the quality of sound is better. 

I'm also one of the lucky owners of a DX90 and am very impressed by its sound quality and the new jacks.

Mine seems to have a problem. The player's hardware buttons (actually only 'play' and 'back') give me some strange behavior.
'Back' doesn't go back one song but seems to randomly select one song from the same album. There also is a delay (maybe 3 secs).
'Play' sometimes doesn't pause the song for good. It just pauses for a ms and then continues to play.
The weirdest thing is, that I don't even have to press the play or back buttons, I just have to touch them without pressing and I get a reaction.

I'm a DX50 owner and it never behaved like that. Does anyone else have these problems as well? Seems like a hardware issue to me. :frowning2:

i would email iBasso and put the problem in the subject line. 

Apr 16, 2014 at 4:36 PM Post #3,381 of 14,084
Apr 16, 2014 at 4:45 PM Post #3,383 of 14,084
Congrats. Impulse buy?

Pretty much. Don't regret it yet though 
rolleyes.gif

Sorry about the photo on the leg lol

It's okay. You were wearing pants.

You don't have to say sorry unless you give us the dubious privilege of seeing your bare legs 
tongue.gif

Apr 16, 2014 at 5:27 PM Post #3,384 of 14,084
I just got mine.....can't give impressions till I get home to put some music on or swap my card from my DX50 etc.

1st impression physically......obviously verbatim to dx50 and I'm glad it came with that silicon skin.  Screen protectors work just fine just like the DX50, applies quickly and seems fine/doesn't deterioate the touch controls........operation = same as DX50 and is nice and smooth.  There were some glue residue from the packaging that was stuck to one side of my DX50 and the top where the jacks are.....just rubbed it off but otherwise no complaints.  Can't wait to hear this bad boy.

Apr 16, 2014 at 5:40 PM Post #3,385 of 14,084
I must say I was really skeptical before recieving the DX90. Having bought third batch on the DX50 then ask for cancellation of my order, I think I had better priorities in life than a DAP when I buy a new smartphone every 1.5 year and they sound pretty good...

... Well until now, that I used the DX90 with a wide range of my headphones, I can say that it sounds glorious! Very nice deepness of the sound, the bass is really articulate an expressive. It's the contrary of all the low cost headphone section in all my portables beforehands, where bass was muddy, weak, bommy, and undefined, where you always have to resort to use the EQ and that megabass thing... Now this is over!

With Stax SRS002mkII, it's glorious.

With HD650, it's really fine and for a complete package, you got heaven less heavy than a kilogram... (if you wanna make the best gift to a audiobuf who isn't into headphone try this package DX90+HD650 as a special gift!)

With Sony XBA4, well those headphone I always have problems, hetchy high medium, light bass... With the DX90 it's not perfect but it's getting better. On low gain I have way too much bass, but boy it's deep! The edge in the high medium is gone but there is other things going on... I will test more with high gain and see what is best.

With Stax SR507 and 006TS well it's good, very good. I dig the sound of this tiny little unit that packs a hell of FLACS...

For the money, if you value good sound and portability, it's a no brainer really.

Apr 16, 2014 at 6:14 PM Post #3,388 of 14,084
  How Sad.......All that waiting, and for ........Well, best wishes and I do hopw things work out for you.

It's working now... after a lot of fiddling. I do wish that the DX50 and DX90 would give you some information about problems they encounter with media scanning. If they encounter a problem, they just stop scanning and that's it - you have to shut them down and turn them on again. If they would at least say 'file x has caused y problem', that'd at least tip you off.

Anyway, it's all fine now. Found the problem file, sending it to iBasso so they can give me an idea as to why it caused so many problems.

Apr 16, 2014 at 6:28 PM Post #3,389 of 14,084
  I must say I was really skeptical before recieving the DX90. Having bought third batch on the DX50 then ask for cancellation of my order, I think I had better priorities in life than a DAP when I buy a new smartphone every 1.5 year and they sound pretty good...

... Well until now, that I used the DX90 with a wide range of my headphones, I can say that it sounds glorious! Very nice deepness of the sound, the bass is really articulate an expressive. It's the contrary of all the low cost headphone section in all my portables beforehands, where bass was muddy, weak, bommy, and undefined, where you always have to resort to use the EQ and that megabass thing... Now this is over!

With Stax SRS002mkII, it's glorious.

With HD650, it's really fine and for a complete package, you got heaven less heavy than a kilogram... (if you wanna make the best gift to a audiobuf who isn't into headphone try this package DX90+HD650 as a special gift!)

With Sony XBA4, well those headphone I always have problems, hetchy high medium, light bass... With the DX90 it's not perfect but it's getting better. On low gain I have way too much bass, but boy it's deep! The edge in the high medium is gone but there is other things going on... I will test more with high gain and see what is best.

With Stax SR507 and 006TS well it's good, very good. I dig the sound of this tiny little unit that packs a hell of FLACS...

For the money, if you value good sound and portability, it's a no brainer really.

I love my kids but not a grand$$ DX90 + HD650........

Apr 16, 2014 at 6:50 PM Post #3,390 of 14,084
Got both the DX90 and X5 in about an hour ago.

Some Pros:

-Amp section is super powerful (sounds just as powerful as the X5)
-DAC is very Sabreish with crazy resolution/detail. Weakness is that it's got that Sabre sheen to the treble and the bass pitch definition is kind of one-note sounding. I expected this and I really don't mind. The resolution/transparency and micro-detail extraction more than make up for this. Not to mention the separation/layering. X5 doesn't have quite the resolution but is very close without the Sabre downsides. It might be the more safer overall sound. But for now the transparency of the DX90 has me giggling like a school girl.

I've been using the K812 with both of them for the past hour and they both drive the heck out of the K812. The amp section of the DX90 is very powerful.

I'm getting that weird pause when I'm trying to pause the track, like a 1 second delay before the music stops.

So far color me impressed. Very happy with the purchase. I will continue to listen and burn-in and report back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back