DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Apr 16, 2014 at 7:21 PM Post #3,391 of 14,084

Not so fast mate, it's disappointing to have delays in shipping especially if you are excited about it but sh** happens. It would be bad if it happens to everyone, but it just happen Fardar sucked at what they do. I believe iBasso has done a good job rectifying the issue as fast as they can.

So calm down a bit you'll get your DX90 soon. This is nothing compared to the waiting time I had to endure with my Roxanne (2 and a half months when they initially promised 6 weeks) and very poor handling of customer communications. There are a few braves souls out there still waiting for about 6 months now and counting.

iBasso I assume is much smaller as a company compared to JH audio but managing things pretty well.

Given the delay, we will only receive the item together with the retail outlets here. Given that the retail prices here is close to iBasso online prices, it makes more sense to order from them than from iBasso.

My DHL shipment status is still showing 'Shipment Information Received'. Its been two days so most likely DHL has yet to pickup the DX90 from iBasso. 

Apr 16, 2014 at 8:02 PM Post #3,393 of 14,084
Received my X5 yesterday and got shipping notification that the DX90 will be delivered tomorrow. The X5 puts my Cowon J3 to shame. I will say it will be tough for the DX90 to be too much better than the X5 because that player sounds so damn good. It may come down to features rather than sound. Removable battery, smaller form factor, touchscreen interface vs 256GB maximum capacity (I have ~3TB of FLAC) + instant usability as a DAC (which works fantastic BTW). I can't wait to compare the sound quality though and decide for myself. I can't imagine how you would decide between the two by reading a bunch of other peoples impressions on here. Buy both and trade/sell the loser away. It will probably come down to preference in the end. 

I am always on the look out for good material for A-B comparisons and for this I my primary music will be the White Lighter album by Typhoon. Lots of assortments of instruments, voices, & resonances that will expose a mediocre source. Any other recommendations for albums would be welcome. 

Apr 16, 2014 at 8:21 PM Post #3,394 of 14,084

Hi All, I have almost the same problem, wrote an e-mail to Ibasso.
Already got a reply from them (very fast, within 2 hours!):
"Hi,
I am sorry about this.  I thought it is a firmware problem
I will upload the firmware and send you a tool to fix this problem.
I will get back to you tomorrow.

Sincerely
iBasso Audio"

edit; Received their e-mail around 03.30 a.m. Hong Kong Time. They really are working around the clock!!

As they should be working around the clock ! Don't be fooled by a Companies intentions. They new the DX90 had bugs but wanted to beat Fiio on their release. Ibasso gets an "F" from me on this one. I am sending mine back tomorrow !!!

Apr 16, 2014 at 8:35 PM Post #3,397 of 14,084
As they should be working around the clock ! Don't be fooled by a Companies intentions. They new the DX90 had bugs but wanted to beat Fiio on their release. Ibasso gets an "F" from me on this one. I am sending mine back tomorrow !!!

You do realize that the x5 has been out for more than 2 weeks now, right?
That blows your theory out of the water.

Apr 16, 2014 at 8:38 PM Post #3,398 of 14,084
  Received my X5 yesterday and got shipping notification that the DX90 will be delivered tomorrow. The X5 puts my Cowon J3 to shame. I will say it will be tough for the DX90 to be too much better than the X5 because that player sounds so damn good. It may come down to features rather than sound. Removable battery, smaller form factor, touchscreen interface vs 256GB maximum capacity (I have ~3TB of FLAC) + instant usability as a DAC (which works fantastic BTW). I can't wait to compare the sound quality though and decide for myself. I can't imagine how you would decide between the two by reading a bunch of other peoples impressions on here. Buy both and trade/sell the loser away. It will probably come down to preference in the end. 

I am always on the look out for good material for A-B comparisons and for this I my primary music will be the White Lighter album by Typhoon. Lots of assortments of instruments, voices, & resonances that will expose a mediocre source. Any other recommendations for albums would be welcome. 

Looking forward to your comparisons!

Apr 16, 2014 at 9:05 PM Post #3,400 of 14,084

Hmm.. I have both the X5 and DX90 as of few hours ago... all I can say is don't be so sure the DX90 can't be better. It's noticeably more transparent/clear with better seperation/layering. The X5 is very good but the DX90 is just out of this world impressive. It will not put the X5 to shame, nothing really will, but it might sound 10% better, which is kind of cool. It might actually be even more, but I'm not sure as they're both kind of new to me and I want to keep comparing them.

For Concero owners, the DX90 sounds like the Concero + great clean amp. The DAC section is better than the Bifrost. I would imagine it would give the Concero HP a run for its money.

Apr 16, 2014 at 9:08 PM Post #3,401 of 14,084
I don't know if it has been commented before, but if you connect the device to your PC with the USB and it isn't recognized:
Go to "Settings / USB settings", and select Storage.
Mine came with the option DAC as default. 

Apr 16, 2014 at 9:11 PM Post #3,402 of 14,084
  I don't know if it has been commented before, but if you connect the device to your PC with the USB and it isn't recognized:
Go to "Settings / USB settings", and select Storage.
Mine came with the option DAC as default. 

Thanks for the tip. I will keep this in mind. Everything is new to me because I never had the DX50. The UI is pretty easy to use so far.

*on a side note. Gawd I love the sabre sound. It just presses all the right buttons for me. So damn impressive...

Apr 16, 2014 at 9:19 PM Post #3,403 of 14,084
Apr 16, 2014 at 9:23 PM Post #3,404 of 14,084
I can confirm the K812 sounds heavenly with the DX90, along with the Focal Spirit Professional. It's... just heavenly, no other words for it.

I think it's sounding better as the hours go by. Only a few hours in right now but the transparency, seperation, wow. I love listening to grueling complex passages with crazy dynamic range because instead of choking the DX90 just smiles and soars into the sky with aplomb.

Apr 16, 2014 at 9:25 PM Post #3,405 of 14,084
You do realize that the x5 has been out for more than 2 weeks now, right?
That blows your theory out of the water.

The majority of X5's out on the market, at least the early ones that you could only get on Ebay at first are Replicas. When I was considering buying one on Ebay I asked 3 different sellers and all their replies were the same. "They are Replicas". Am I saying they are all replicas now, NO but buyer beware, I would only buy from a reputable seller.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back