DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Apr 11, 2014 at 5:16 PM Post #2,642 of 14,084
I live in Des Moines, IA. If best buy does not have it, there is no way to try it. And best but does not carry any audiophile things. They consider B&W P7's TOTL, and tried to sell me a $35 Sony player when I went in and asked for their best non-apple portable music player

Fiio has dealers in the mid-west, some close to you.  I purchased my X5 from one in MT.  I believe a number of them have a money back policy if you are not satisfied.  As for ibasso, I purchased my DX50 (3rd batch) directly from them and still have it.  I do not know if they have dealers here in the US, or a money back policy.  However, I understand the difficulty of returning an item to China.  Good Luck!

Apr 11, 2014 at 5:31 PM Post #2,644 of 14,084
It's the slim fit silicone skin case so no slots for cards

Have you asked iBasso about it?

I'll wait a bit to comment unless it's vg out of the box.

You may wanna wait until you had a chance to burn it in. oops that bad word again. 
biggrin.gif

Apr 11, 2014 at 5:50 PM Post #2,645 of 14,084
Looking forward this weekend pass fast. Next week is going to be a good one... The magic moment when you receive the pack
tongue.gif
, when you hear its sound for the first time
atsmile.gif
... and later share with this amazing community our REAL impressions. Delicious. 
beerchug.gif

Apr 11, 2014 at 5:55 PM Post #2,646 of 14,084
Have you asked iBasso about it?

You may wanna wait until you had a chance to burn it in. oops that bad word again. :D

As posted earlier

Apr 11, 2014 at 6:16 PM Post #2,649 of 14,084
Next week: tons of commnets. On one side, the burn-in no believers talking about how the DX90 is. On the other side, the burn-in believers talking about what DX90 can be. :confused_face_2:

If iBasso has provided a burn-in cable, they must be believing in something beside Santa Claus :p

I'll use the cable when not listening to it but I like to experience it every minute, every second to see it transform itself into a beautiful sounding device or not. :D

Apr 11, 2014 at 6:22 PM Post #2,650 of 14,084
As posted earlier

That looks exactly like the one I have for the DX50 and every opening is there, nothing was missed. I think iBasso went the easy way and used the same case, why would you go any other way when they made thousands of those. What I found not too pleasing is that I had to pay for it while it was free for the latest batches. Glad that now it's free with any new DX90 purchases from the very beginning (so to speak).

Apr 11, 2014 at 6:22 PM Post #2,651 of 14,084
Apr 11, 2014 at 6:47 PM Post #2,654 of 14,084
Wow, looks like this thread is really rolling along. The excitement is building. I'm still waiting for my tracking numbers for both the DX90 and X5. Supposedly they both shipped out, but no one has given me a number. I guess I'll have someone home on Monday/Tuesday just in case...

*As for burn-in yes, it's a thread killer/detroyer so everyone be careful. You're not going to come up with a clever agrument that no one has said before and convince people. It's all been said before from both sides and it doesn't work and convinces absolutely no one. Period.

*As for the power figures. Well for people who bought this for ony IEMs, I can see how they don't care about the power numbers as it's an improvement over the DX50 by 80%, but for someone like me who owns portable cans and is not interested in IEMs, it makes me a little nervous as it's much weaker than stated by IBasso (47% less current than the X5). Maybe this means I'll have to buy the Universal Roxanne?
evil_smiley.gif
(I have no choice right?)

Apr 11, 2014 at 6:53 PM Post #2,655 of 14,084
*As for burn-in yes, it's a thread killer/detroyer so everyone be careful. You're not going to come up with a clever agrument that no one has said before and convince people. It's all been said before from both sides and it doesn't work and convinces absolutely no one. Period.

I'll suggest a different conversation topic: 

Is there an audible benefit to 24bit music?

This will surely not get into a heated argument.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back