DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Apr 11, 2014 at 2:15 PM Post #2,611 of 14,084
  I was only brutal about it because it can spiral rapidly out of control, and become a mud-slinging match. Seen it so many times, and it ruins decent threads.

Nothing personal.
beerchug.gif

I enjoy good civil discussion regardless of topic.  I wasn't going to argue that my stance is the correct stance.  Just the topic of it being based on experience caused me to want to chime in with my experiences.   I believe it was handled pretty well despite being somewhat off topic with the thread.  (somewhat, still related though, people are going to burn in their dx90's with the included burn in cable.  
normal_smile .gif
 )

Apr 11, 2014 at 2:27 PM Post #2,612 of 14,084
Good point -  i have only just [in this thread] heard of burn in for dap's ! 
No-one seems to have pointed out the small battery life - 8 hours = ouch - Its unfortunate for burn in in that its a bit tricky to leave playing overnight (if you sleep more than 8 hours!) to burn in as you would be running it to a dead battery every time :frowning2:
Is it possible to run the dx90 from a usb cable ie: powered without any heat problems ?
if so then one could let it play when asleep to rack up some hours of burn in. I only listen in short blissful bursts so it would take a long long time for me to arrive at a fully burned in dap...hence my thoughts and wonderments

Apr 11, 2014 at 2:34 PM Post #2,613 of 14,084
You can burn in your player using a wall based charger for a very long time without a dead battery, that's more efficient else you'll need loads of spare batteries which you'll have to recharge independently of the player anyway. Having only one battery does not work well for burn in because you'll loose 3 hours recharging it.

Apr 11, 2014 at 3:00 PM Post #2,615 of 14,084
Q. Does the iBasso UI allow sub folders?
i.e. Compilation album -> CD1 -> Song 1,
     Compilation album -> CD2 -> Song 1 etc etc.

Patiently waiting for tracking number.. (in the mean time, expanding my FLAC library with numerous Hans Zimmer, Steve Jablonskey, Ramin Djawadi and Brian Tyler 
atsmile.gif
 )

Apr 11, 2014 at 3:05 PM Post #2,617 of 14,084
Q. Does the iBasso UI allow sub folders?
i.e. Compilation album -> CD1 -> Song 1,
     Compilation album -> CD2 -> Song 1 etc etc.

Patiently waiting for tracking number.. (in the mean time, expanding my FLAC library with numerous Hans Zimmer, Steve Jablonskey, Ramin Djawadi and Brian Tyler :atsmile:  )

In directory mode it supports any directory structure you can come up with but it will only play songs in one directory at a time

Apr 11, 2014 at 3:15 PM Post #2,618 of 14,084
Does anyone here own a dx50 and knows if the dx50 has undergone any changes or revisions like some headphones or DAC do?

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Apr 11, 2014 at 3:26 PM Post #2,619 of 14,084
In directory mode it supports any directory structure you can come up with but it will only play songs in one directory at a time

Thank you @nc8000, for answering the question, I really appreciate it :)

To build on that - so if the music files contain disc number information,

would the iBasso UI sort the music into discs?

ie. 1. Song-1-of-disc-1, 
     2. Song-2-of-disc-1, 
     3. Song-1-of-disc-2, 
     4. Song-2-of-disc-2  etc etc

or would it just do it by file name in alphabetical order?

ie. 1. Song-1-of-disc-1,
     2. Song-1-of-disc-2,
     3. Song-2-of-disc-1,
     4. Song-2-of-disc-2  etc etc

Apr 11, 2014 at 3:31 PM Post #2,620 of 14,084
I don't understand why way more people are interested in the X5 than the DX90, they are in the same price range, sound is comparable (from my understanding, the dx90 might even be better) and the DX90 is considerably smaller and easier to navigate with a touch screen, and front control buttons instead of a annoying scroll wheel (that I have read is not very responsive)

can anyone help me understand why the X5 thread is twice as big and more hyped up than the DX90? Surely it can't be just from having a 2nd card spot

Apr 11, 2014 at 3:36 PM Post #2,621 of 14,084
I don't understand why way more people are interested in the X5 than the DX90, they are in the same price range, sound is comparable (from my understanding, the dx90 might even be better) and the DX90 is considerably smaller and easier to navigate with a touch screen, and front control buttons instead of a annoying scroll wheel (that I have read is not very responsive)

can anyone help me understand why the X5 thread is twice as big and more hyped up than the DX90? Surely it can't be just from having a 2nd card spot

Fiio communicates with its customers through head-fi and takes a lot of user input. They also sent out some review samples for a multiple tours so that's why there's a lot more talk about the X5 than the dx90. Also, people are more familiar with fiio than ibasso I believe.

Apr 11, 2014 at 3:37 PM Post #2,622 of 14,084

Not saying X5 is bad, but the number of posts in a thread does not necessarily determine how good the corresponding product is. 

Opinion about a product is a personal take, whilst I agree with you that the DX90 is superior than the X5 in our own view, some people may find X5 better from their point of view. 
biggrin.gif

It would not be fair to talk a product down just because you think another is better. 
wink.gif
 (EDIT: obviously, this is on the basis of not owning the products involved)

Apr 11, 2014 at 3:38 PM Post #2,623 of 14,084

It came out first, there were units sent round world for pre-testing, about 10 full reviews, Fiio's representatives are involved which creates even more discussion, about 30 people have commented on sound .....   I've ordered both :wink:   In fact X5 came yesterday. And the scroll wheel annoying? I find it very nice.

Apr 11, 2014 at 3:51 PM Post #2,624 of 14,084
It came out first, there were units sent round world for pre-testing, about 10 full reviews, Fiio's representatives are involved which creates even more discussion, about 30 people have commented on sound .....   I've ordered both :wink:   In fact X5 came yesterday. And the scroll wheel annoying? I find it very nice.
Obviously I don't own the X5, but I watch this guys videos quite often, and have come to trust his opinions. He did have plenty of good to say about the sound of the X5, but I felt he bashed the interface quite a bit, with the scroll wheel being his biggest complaint

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-OM7m2uMo-Q

I'm not here to bash anything, I have never owned a Fiio or ibasso product, but going off the information I have, seems like the DX90 is miles ahead in my own personal opinion (hence why I ordered a first batch unit) this will be my first audiophile DAP

Apr 11, 2014 at 3:57 PM Post #2,625 of 14,084
Obviously I don't own the X5, but I watch this guys videos quite often, and have come to trust his opinions. He did have plenty of good to say about the sound of the X5, but I felt he bashed the interface quite a bit, with the scroll wheel being his biggest complaint

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-OM7m2uMo-Q

I'm not here to bash anything, I have never owned a Fiio or ibasso product, but going off the information I have, seems like the DX90 is miles ahead in my own personal opinion (hence why I ordered a first batch unit) this will be my first audiophile DAP

I agree 
biggrin.gif

just suggesting to be wary of comments, because previously on the chinese equivalent of head-fi, someone said some comments about Astell & Kern products, and there began a war between the pro-AK and anti-AK people.. this resulted in a ban on AK product discussion (to my understanding).

Anyway, sorry for going off to a tangent 
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back