DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Apr 9, 2014 at 7:53 PM Post #2,401 of 14,084
They said April 9th or 10th to me. Not too long to wait. We should have confirmation tomorrow. It's 05:39 in Shenzhen now. Let them have a few hours of sleep. Busy day tomorrow:)

From my 1st batch beta pig experience with dx50, that "ship in 2 days" page is a generic "thabk you" page after you complete any PayPal txn with iBasso. My dx50 actually arrived BEFORE I go their shipping info/email.

Apr 9, 2014 at 8:06 PM Post #2,403 of 14,084
From my 1st batch beta pig experience with dx50, that "ship in 2 days" page is a generic "thabk you" page after you complete any PayPal txn with iBasso. My dx50 actually arrived BEFORE I go their shipping info/email.

That's exciting news. I hope they just start showing up tomorrow and people go crazy with happiness. Haha.

Did you have to be home to sign for it? I don't want to miss the DHL man or FedEx man or whatever service they're using.

My FedEx guy is especially tricky. He was trained as ninja from an early age before betraying in Sensei and leaving Japan forever. He can sneak up and leave a doortag if I take the time to blink. I will start digging trap pits tonight and practice with my tranquilizer rifle. Even then it's 50/50 whether I can catch him or not. 

Apr 9, 2014 at 8:10 PM Post #2,404 of 14,084

That's exciting news. I hope they just start showing up tomorrow and people go crazy with happiness. Haha.

Did you have to be home to sign for it? I don't want to miss the DHL man or FedEx man or whatever service they're using.

My FedEx guy is especially tricky. He was trained as ninja from an early age before betraying in Sensei and leaving Japan forever. He can sneak up and leave a doortag if I take the time to blink. I will start digging trap pits tonight and practice with my tranquilizer rifle. Even then it's 50/50 whether I can catch him or not. 

My local drivers have actually been able to avoid that situation entirely. They just don't bother to deliver, so I end up having to collect it from the depot. This is despite the fact that the same drivers deliver to my work which is next door to my house. 

Apr 9, 2014 at 8:56 PM Post #2,405 of 14,084
Holy **it, less than .1 output impedance?  I like that, it would work well with multiple BA iems.  

Given that Jamato says it has more details than DX100, I'm leaning toward this.  I really don't need the high power of the DX100 as I'm using it with iems only.  I need something that provides lots of details and neutral and clarity, but must be natural sounding.  I don't find the Fiio's natural sounding.

I look forward to impressions from people that has UERM, NT-6/pro, JHFP, Roxanne, TG334.  
biggrin.gif

We will then truly know if this provide the finest details.

Apr 9, 2014 at 9:43 PM Post #2,409 of 14,084
  8GB is ample now?

Nope. 8GB + 128 GB or even 64 GB is plenty. Plus an OTG option. 

Hard to believe that the DX90 weighs less than the Cowon J3. The J3 is smaller and thinner, but it weighs about .45 lbs. The DX90 weighs about .30 lbs (including the battery). I think it may have something to do with the internal parts being slimmer and more advanced. It's like comparing a old 1990s Nokia phone to the Samsung Galaxy S4/5. 

Apr 9, 2014 at 9:56 PM Post #2,410 of 14,084
AP measurement result on DX90 was out on erji.net. It seems DX90 is doing really well for the most parts.

Apr 9, 2014 at 10:03 PM Post #2,411 of 14,084
  AP measurement result on DX90 was out on erji.net. It seems DX90 is doing really well for the most parts.

link please. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Also, you guys should really check this thread out started by Digitalfreak regarding half-assed DAPs.  ibasso DX50 is talked about and it's not good.  I hope DX90 would not turn out to be the same.  We should not support such products because they will keep selling unfinished products that drive people nuts.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/682750/the-sad-state-of-the-so-called-audiophile-dap-market

Apr 9, 2014 at 10:07 PM Post #2,412 of 14,084
http://www.erji.net/read.php?tid=1636596&fpage=1&toread=&page=1

Apr 9, 2014 at 10:08 PM Post #2,413 of 14,084
  There is an SD card which can now store 128GB so that's enough for most people on the go. 

True but to be fair that's the aftermarket memory and not the player itself.  Be like saying the X5 has twice the memory of the DX90 and for less money because it has two empty slots :wink:

Apr 9, 2014 at 10:22 PM Post #2,414 of 14,084

Thanks for the link. 
cool.gif

Looks like it does indeed measure well, the FR is totally flat(so is X5) compared to others(DX50, X3).  Lowest distortion, higher output power than the DX50, but lower than X3 and X5 which are about the same.  DX100 is a bit higher than X3 and X5.  

Not sure about the square wave test.  Can anybody explain how well it did on the square wave test?  I don't know which is better.

Edit: actually X5 is flat also.

Apr 9, 2014 at 10:22 PM Post #2,415 of 14,084
True but to be fair that's the aftermarket memory and not the player itself.  Be like saying the X5 has twice the memory of the DX90 and for less money because it has two empty slots :wink:

At the end of the day, both X5 and DX90 is the the same in terms of memory capacity. Both have unlimited expansion option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back