DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . .
Sep 1, 2013 at 1:44 PM Post #3,271 of 3,609
You're not wrong, I don't disagree with you. However, my main point was that spewing this all over this thread is not helpful to you, or me, or anyone at all, and that if you were going to complain, then you should've directly taken it up with iBasso so that maybe they would consider changing their ways, then posting the email exchange here to prove your own point. That would've been a better way to handle this.
Quote:

Sep 1, 2013 at 1:44 PM Post #3,272 of 3,609
Quote:

..... stomping my feet like a child because I didn't get what I ordered on time......

^THIS... guess you do know how you're sounding like, oh well, good luck with cancellation and hope your next purchase went smoother.

Sep 1, 2013 at 1:48 PM Post #3,273 of 3,609
Let's rein it in before this becomes a mod-situation, eh?

Sep 1, 2013 at 1:56 PM Post #3,275 of 3,609
There is nothing wrong IMO for calling out a company over specific issues here when you feel they have done something wrong. This is certainly an appropriate forum to state such. I have forwarded my issues to ibasso and asked for a refund. Let's see how long it takes them to respond and to issue my refund. 
size]

This is my first exposure to ibasso and likely my last. I will gladly order the x3 and appreciate Fiio professionalism and dedication. 

I wish you all here who are waiting for your dx50 the very best in receiving a quality product in a timely manner. 

Sep 1, 2013 at 2:00 PM Post #3,276 of 3,609
Delays are so common in this industry. If we all would chose not to do business with companies that lack good communication, and don't have delayed shipments, we all would be crying back to Apple because that would be the only company that meets our unrealistic requirements. Personally, I think iBasso could have handled it a bit better, but what else could they have done? Sending a mass email and compensating us for the delay is about as good as it gets in this market. It's unfortunate that their was a week delay, but cancelling my order for the sake of principles is a bit silly IMO. Let's not forget there are PLENTY of daps that were delayed, and from what I remember longer than a week. Take for example FiiO's X3. That product was announced a year and several months in advanced and they still had delays. What I'm trying to say is that companies in this industry have foul ups, and most of the time those foul ups are in direct relation to unforeseen circumstances that lead to delays in shipping, production, etc. Some companies know how to deal with that (in regards to their payed customers), and some do not. I can tell you that in this particular instance, the actual delay time and the compensation was leaning toward the "know how to deal with it" camp. 

@Matt - I know you love your Schiit, but their track record for delays are evident, same with some of their QC issues. Not to put down Schiit, because they have wonderful products and a sound business model, but they also experience these business hiccups as well. Do you choose to not do business with them just because they made a few mistakes? I don't think you have, and you shouldn't. These kind of problems pop up all the time...

Sep 1, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #3,277 of 3,609
Greed I do appreciate your comments. For the record, I had only one Schiit product that was delayed or had an issue, the A2. The product was supposed to ship on a Monday and on Sunday night late Jason sent a very detailed email describing the issues that they had with production and that it would be shipping as soon as they resolved the issue. That's all I needed to be perfectly fine with the delay. Just don't ignore your customers that's all I'm asking for.

I don't feel that simple courtesy by posting a statement on the website is too much to ask. It would have taken no more than five minutes. Regardless, we are all entitled to our own opinions and I certainly don't say that mine is any more "right" than anyone else here. But as an owner of three companies and having worked for at least a half dozen others big and small, I'll hold ibasso accountable for what I feel is fair and reasonable in terms of their customer service. 

Sep 1, 2013 at 2:32 PM Post #3,278 of 3,609
hahaha, I wonder who will lose more - you, not getting a product with better feature set, or iBasso - who will gladly sell the DX50 you cancelled to another willing customer with much more tolerance towards their hiccups. Don't get me wrong, I know what you mean and can totally agree, but you are being wayyy too strict in this situation... I may be totally wrong but to me iBasso DX50 is a better product than the Fiio X3 and sacrificing that just because there was a 1 week delay and the company didn't handle it as well as they could (although, I think they could do MUCH worse), is a bit silly.

On the other hand, you "overreacting" to it also helps us customers quite a bit. more people like you could change the companies' attitudes towards customer service to better and I'm thankful for that. sadly, we - the sheep category would rather have the product and be grateful for what we get and when we get it
biggrin.gif
 although, in the end, our position is a bit easier to be in. So there's that...

Sep 1, 2013 at 2:49 PM Post #3,279 of 3,609
People just accept incompetence as a standard they become accustomed to it. Profess your disappointments in services then maybe they will pick up their act and develop a more professional attitude.
Your cash so complain away, if people have issues about it let them, guess they will find something anyway.

Sep 1, 2013 at 2:51 PM Post #3,280 of 3,609
Quote:
People just accept incompetence as a standard they become accustomed to it. Profess your disappointments in services then maybe they will pick up their act and develop a more professional attitude.
Your cash so complain away, if people have issues about it let them, guess they will find something anyway.

At last I have one person in agreement. 
size]
 Welcome to headfi...

Sep 1, 2013 at 2:54 PM Post #3,281 of 3,609
It's more like we have been conditioned to accepting it because no matter how much we professed, nothing changed. Hence my point of directly calling iBasso about the situation and directly telling them how they should've handled the situation, as well as making a short complaint on here just to let others know of your thoughts, instead of making it a huge whine session. Your ideology is great, but reality is a huge B.

Quote:

Sep 1, 2013 at 2:57 PM Post #3,282 of 3,609
You say whining,  I call it voicing my concerns in a reasonable manner. I think that it's only fair to others who are reading this thread to know that some of us have issues with the company. 

Sep 1, 2013 at 2:59 PM Post #3,283 of 3,609
Quote:
Greed I do appreciate your comments. For the record, I had only one Schiit product that was delayed or had an issue, the A2. The product was supposed to ship on a Monday and on Sunday night late Jason sent a very detailed email describing the issues that they had with production and that it would be shipping as soon as they resolved the issue. That's all I needed to be perfectly fine with the delay. Just don't ignore your customers that's all I'm asking for.

I don't feel that simple courtesy by posting a statement on the website is too much to ask. It would have taken no more than five minutes. Regardless, we are all entitled to our own opinions and I certainly don't say that mine is any more "right" than anyone else here. But as an owner of three companies and having worked for at least a half dozen others big and small, I'll hold ibasso accountable for what I feel is fair and reasonable in terms of their customer service. 

Fair enough, I can definitely share in the disappoint of delays in general and the lack of personal customer service from companies in this industry. I totally respect your opinion and your disapproval. Wish you the best with whatever alternative you choose. 

beerchug.gif

Sep 1, 2013 at 3:03 PM Post #3,284 of 3,609
Maybe we all need to reassess what "reasonably mannered" means. 
biggrin.gif
 I however point towards posts made by someone else rather than yours.
Quote:
You say whining,  I call it voicing my concerns in a reasonable manner. I think that it's only fair to others who are reading this thread to know that some of us have issues with the company. 

Sep 1, 2013 at 3:06 PM Post #3,285 of 3,609
Just like the term firmware is the biggest joke around products are released unfinished and business spends it's whole time fixing and updating for the life of the product until it becomes obsolete reneging on what they claim, and we become accustomed to these practices.

Best to wait until they get their act together then spend your cash. I have no loyalties I spend my money and I expect not to get half arsed service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back