DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . .
Sep 1, 2013 at 3:14 PM Post #3,286 of 3,609
Quote:
Just like the term firmware is the biggest joke around products are released unfinished and business spends it's whole time fixing and updating for the life of the product until it becomes obsolete reneging on what they claim, and we become accustomed to these practices.

Best to wait until they get their act together then spend your cash. I have no loyalties I spend my money and I expect not to get half arsed service.

2nd post, already fed up with the game. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 1, 2013 at 3:26 PM Post #3,288 of 3,609
Can't tell if this is friendly bickering, or serious. o_o
Quote:

Know it all!
Where did I say I was fed up with the game what you so uselessly quoted. Where is it??? Sounds like a minister making it up as you go along...

Firmware... What you're saying is no company is allowed to make ANY kind of mistake possible at the time of release because fixing errors via firmware and not having everything shipped back to fix is like aids. Get real.

Sep 1, 2013 at 3:38 PM Post #3,289 of 3,609
Just friendly bickering
bigsmile_face.gif

I am real and what I AM SAYING is making mistakes is inevitable but some take advantage of the system.

I don't accept unnecessary mistakes I never have. Do a job and do it the best you can do and if you can't then find something you can do and don't waste my time.

Sep 1, 2013 at 4:00 PM Post #3,291 of 3,609
It's inevitable that people will take advantage of this system, but there's absolutely nothing we can do about this. Why do we complain then? There is no point at all to such ranting.
I would rather have people taking advantage of the firmware system, than not having the system at all. And also, at least they're actually fixing issues somehow. :|

Sep 1, 2013 at 4:37 PM Post #3,293 of 3,609
Quote:
It's inevitable that people will take advantage of this system, but there's absolutely nothing we can do about this. Why do we complain then? There is no point at all to such ranting.
I would rather have people taking advantage of the firmware system, than not having the system at all. And also, at least they're actually fixing issues somehow. :|

That is so pessimistic and sounds melodramatic. Just don't buy from them! There is NO be all and end all product, there are choices out there. Weed out the garbage and support the better.
Get better staff and oust the useless...Monkey management = monkey staff = monkey productivity.

Such ranting is only in the eye of the beholder. I don't see an issue.

I'm not unrealistic others just can't seem to comprehend, or need it spelled out a bit more simply..I am new to the forums but not to the hobby, many posts make not an expert.

Sep 1, 2013 at 5:31 PM Post #3,296 of 3,609
This whole thing is ridiculous, it's a brand new product and all manufacturers large and small have fumbled launch dates and have a certain % of defect rates.  If you don't want the unit then cancel it.....I find it hard to believe anyone that wanted the unit is going nuts over a small delay like this....this is a luxury item, you're not hurting in anyway waiting another week.  And I don't see where the deception claimed comes from....so they announced initially that the units will ship on the 26th.....then they email people in the first batch that due to some unanticipated issues (which happens all the time in the manufacturing process mind you) and apologize and offer an additional battery even.  That is called good customer service.  Not letting anyone know on the 26 and having to wait until 2-4 days later where everyone's wondering where their product is and then letting people know would be deception.  And where do you see on their website that says they will provide tracking as products are shipped?  Not every company offers a tracking number when a product is shipped, this isn't Amazon by any strech.

On another note, I don't know how many people outside of China is even aware of the recent months and the heat wave they're having.  They are experiencing constant temperature of over 35 degrees Celcius with extreme humidity.....they had a couple WEEKS where it was over 43 degrees Celcius....this has put huge delays on a lot of manufacturing process and productivity in China and lead to higher amounts of mandatory power blackouts to conserve power.  I know this because I'm working in the manufacturing industry and I bet the iBasso units as are the Hifiman players are mostly hand assembled products.....I am NOT surprised to see delays at all.

I say just chill and wait for the player, iBasso seemed very confident in their email people will be satisfied with the player and SQ.....and guess what....if not, this wouldn't be the 1st toy most of us have dumped $$ in.....least it's not on the scales of the Astel&Kern devices from iRiver so the gamble is small relatively.  Enjoy your weekends, listen to your music, get out with your friends and family and before you know it it'll be in your lap.

Sep 1, 2013 at 5:52 PM Post #3,297 of 3,609
Quote:
This whole thing is ridiculous, it's a brand new product and all manufacturers large and small have fumbled launch dates and have a certain % of defect rates.  If you don't want the unit then cancel it.....I find it hard to believe anyone that wanted the unit is going nuts over a small delay like this....this is a luxury item, you're not hurting in anyway waiting another week.  And I don't see where the deception claimed comes from....so they announced initially that the units will ship on the 26th.....then they email people in the first batch that due to some unanticipated issues (which happens all the time in the manufacturing process mind you) and apologize and offer an additional battery even.  That is called good customer service.  Not letting anyone know on the 26 and having to wait until 2-4 days later where everyone's wondering where their product is and then letting people know would be deception.  And where do you see on their website that says they will provide tracking as products are shipped?  Not every company offers a tracking number when a product is shipped, this isn't Amazon by any strech.

On another note, I don't know how many people outside of China is even aware of the recent months and the heat wave they're having.  They are experiencing constant temperature of over 35 degrees Celcius with extreme humidity.....they had a couple WEEKS where it was over 43 degrees Celcius....this has put huge delays on a lot of manufacturing process and productivity in China and lead to higher amounts of mandatory power blackouts to conserve power.  I know this because I'm working in the manufacturing industry and I bet the iBasso units as are the Hifiman players are mostly hand assembled products.....I am NOT surprised to see delays at all.

I say just chill and wait for the player, iBasso seemed very confident in their email people will be satisfied with the player and SQ.....and guess what....if not, this wouldn't be the 1st toy most of us have dumped $$ in.....least it's not on the scales of the Astel&Kern devices from iRiver so the gamble is small relatively.  Enjoy your weekends, listen to your music, get out with your friends and family and before you know it it'll be in your lap.

Sep 1, 2013 at 5:53 PM Post #3,298 of 3,609
iBasso is a very small operation, give them a break.  I am sure they have thousands of people trying to email them about their products and only a handful of people on email support.  Chill out or get out is that advice I offer to anyone complaining about anything. 

Sep 1, 2013 at 5:58 PM Post #3,299 of 3,609
Quote:

It isn't ridiculous.  They took money on the 20th with said shipping on the 26th.  So they took money on orders for a product that wasn't even made yet?  It wasn't a pre-order; it was simply an order.  Delays for weather, shipping thats fine but delays in manufacturing on a product that you're selling and wasn't announced that it was actually a pre-order is wrong. 

How big of an operation Ibasso is irrelevant.  If they are that small; they shouldn't be taking orders like they are.  

Sep 1, 2013 at 6:03 PM Post #3,300 of 3,609
Quote:
iBasso is a very small operation, give them a break.  I am sure they have thousands of people trying to email them about their products and only a handful of people on email support.  Chill out or get out is that advice I offer to anyone complaining about anything. 

Hence the beauty of taking 5 minutes to post an announcement on the website so that your customers are informed. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back