DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . .
Sep 1, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #3,318 of 3,609
Quote:
Here is an interesting storage option for the DX50 (an any other devices). Please go look at the end of this link a 4 x micro sd USB card reader. 4x 64GB micro SD = 256 GB.
wink.gif

Not seeing anything there about obtaining (or making) this:

Sep 1, 2013 at 11:18 PM Post #3,319 of 3,609
From logical sense, the AK120 is 7X the price of DX50. I don't think DX50 can even come close to AK120. So don't put so much hope on DX50.

Thing is both Mim or myself won't need it to sound as good or better than ak120... we got better options for that purpose already. I guess what we need is a good enough DAP that sound reasonably good and look reasonably nice with a reasonably fluid and stable UI as this is one reasonably spec'ed unit with a reasonable price.

I do have high hopes but I'm not gonna stomp the ground like a child if it doesn't sound better than the ak120. :D

Sep 1, 2013 at 11:18 PM Post #3,320 of 3,609
I find it quite amusing when grown ups are driven close to insanity because they cannot wait for their toys more than a minute and then reconstruct a whole intellectual reasoning about good practices to justify their dissatisfaction. Please just own up to the fact that you just want your toy here and now. Much less tiresome to read.

Is this guy serious?...

Yeah, maybe some people don't understand common sense but I do. Ibasso should have simply put it for Pre-order if none were made already. How hard is that? How can a company put something for order when they don't have any made.

I don't know how it is your country but when I order something I expect it to be on time. This isn't some made to order product. You put something for sale you should have it in hand. If not; specify that it's a pre-order and it'd be shipped out when built.

They didn't have any built, there was a delay in their manufacturing but they were still taking orders on it like everything was ready to go. If they didn't have any built they shouldn't have put it for order. It's common sense.

Sep 1, 2013 at 11:23 PM Post #3,321 of 3,609
I can see both sides but I think it's being made a bigger issue than it needs to be. Was there an intro pricing on these early units or is it the full msrp? Also aren't they giving an extra battery as an apology for the delay? Also being a smaller company and taking these preorders they are actually able to gauge the market without holding onto a large amount of stock. Basically make to order.

Sep 1, 2013 at 11:40 PM Post #3,323 of 3,609
1. Price tag differences doesn't necessarily equate as if by law that the cheaper will always be worse than the more expensive. It's illogical to mandate that a cheaper DAP like the DX50 is required to sound worse than the AK120, although we may guess it.

2. We cannot assume that iBasso purposely did not let everyone know of the second delay; we must take into consideration that they may have expected to ship much sooner than what it is now at that time, but saw unforeseen delays. We also do not know if every single order was not shipped on time, there may be a portion of the first batch that was in fact shipped.

3. We cannot demand that a product by such a small company should be in stock when ordered. Actually, we should expect such a small company for a relatively-small hobby to sell products made-to-order since they're all hand assembled anyway. 

4. As a profit-seeking business, we cannot be so naive as to think they would not abuse methods such as firmware updates to fix software issues that were not ironed out within time. They're not required to be saints.

5. Continuously ranting on this forum does not help anyone and only sparks a train wreck / snowball effect. Of course, you're free to post your opinions and express your dissatisfaction, but as I said earlier, whining about it is unnecessary, we are not pubescent pre-teens. 

6. Anyone wanting to create more problems by arguing further are welcome to do so, but you are just performing the ritual to summon the Currawong, and all that you and anyone have posted will be erased and you won't be able to express your dissatisfaction anymore. What is the point then?

7. I can't friggin' wait for the DX50 regardless of delays, it must be better than my iPhone!

Sep 1, 2013 at 11:49 PM Post #3,324 of 3,609
A small, enterprising company like this deserves a break. They made a decision - maybe it wasn't the most customer-friendly one (to be honest, in small tech setups like this, often functions like marketing and PR don't get a high priority - just look at how out of date their website is, still talking about the 9018 desktop DAC and the D7 launch...). There may be cashflow reasons why they had to do this, they will learn from experience. They key thing is, based on past performance, we can all expect to actually get our DAPs in the end (this isn't the case with every small manufacturer)! Furthermore, I'd rather wait a week or two and get something finished than be roped in as an unwilling beta-tester (as seems to have happened with numerous early DX100 customers). As I said, one (hopefully) learns from experience...

Sep 1, 2013 at 11:53 PM Post #3,325 of 3,609
Well we were told we are going to be beta testing the DX100, so no complaints there. We were notified, and took the risk and bought the DAP. There were many problems but were ironed out with time. Ah.. the DX100 sound was heavenly though...

Hey at least we're not waiting another month after waiting a year of delays, and cancelling, for the JH3A when they took pre-orders before even finishing the design of the amp. 
Quote:
A small, enterprising company like this deserves a break. They made a decision - maybe it wasn't the most customer-friendly one (to be honest, in small tech setups like this, often functions like marketing and PR don't get a high priority - just look at how out of date their website is, still talking about the 9018 desktop DAC and the D7 launch...). There may be cashflow reasons why they had to do this, they will learn from experience. They key thing is, based on past performance, we can all expect to actually get our DAPs in the end (this isn't the case with every small manufacturer)! Furthermore, I'd rather wait a week or two and get something finished than be roped in as an unwilling beta-tester (as seems to have happened with numerous early DX100 customers). As I said, one (hopefully) learns from experience...

Sep 2, 2013 at 12:07 AM Post #3,326 of 3,609
The case you describe sounds like it should have been a Kickstarter project...

Sep 2, 2013 at 12:31 AM Post #3,328 of 3,609
Sep 2, 2013 at 12:46 AM Post #3,329 of 3,609
http://www.doublehelixcables.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=75

You'd need to specify you're using a DX50, he'll know it's a mono coax (TS) and that the Dacmagic uses plain coax RCA. You can also customize the look entirely. I personally chose to get silver carbon finer. Just email him at doublehelixcables@gmail.com to discuss your needs and a quote.
Quote:
Sorry for being a pain but could you send me a link to one?

Sep 2, 2013 at 12:52 AM Post #3,330 of 3,609

Users who are viewing this thread

Back