DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . .
Sep 1, 2013 at 6:50 AM Post #3,241 of 3,609
Quote:
So maaaybe I might get my unit next weekend.
That would be nice.
Until then, I think I'll have to use my S3 to listen to some music on the go....a thing, I swore myself never to do.

I use my S3 sometimes when walking as well. It's not too bad. 

Sep 1, 2013 at 7:13 AM Post #3,243 of 3,609
Quote:
im currently using my s3 with poweramp music player and tdk ie800's, not so bad a listen at all :)

I use it with my Hisound E212 because it does not have too much isolation and I can hear some stuff going on around me. 

Sep 1, 2013 at 8:10 AM Post #3,244 of 3,609
Yup...just got an email from iBasso saying they're shipping Tuesday with tracking sent Wednesday.

Um...as for the comment about listening to the Japanese girl singing...um...yes they would...at Japanese friends would. The abuse would be monumental. LOL

Sep 1, 2013 at 8:22 AM Post #3,245 of 3,609
I'm thinking about canceling my order. I just don't respect the fact this company essentially had a fake launch. Ibasso did push the original date back and I can respect that. They had trouble meeting the deadline and made an announcement that the launch would be delayed...perfectly acceptable. But when the next date rolled around they said nothing and let people who were very excited about receiving their new dap think that it was in the mail. That's not acceptable. In fact it's a lie by omission. 

They did not have any sort of communication until people who were expecting the dap to show up at the door didn't get it and started to complain. I own a business, 12 years now. I see mistakes that put business owners under the bus. One of the unforgivable mistakes is to ignore your paying customers. You just can't do it, no matter how good your product is or how good your loyal customers love you. Ignore them just once and watch how fast they pee in your coffee. Shame. 

Sep 1, 2013 at 8:42 AM Post #3,246 of 3,609
Quote:
I'm thinking about canceling my order. I just don't respect the fact this company essentially had a fake launch. Ibasso did push the original date back and I can respect that. They had trouble meeting the deadline and made an announcement that the launch would be delayed...perfectly acceptable. But when the next date rolled around they said nothing and let people who were very excited about receiving their new dap think that it was in the mail. That's not acceptable. In fact it's a lie by omission. 

They did not have any sort of communication until people who were expecting the dap to show up at the door didn't get it and started to complain. I own a business, 12 years now. I see mistakes that put business owners under the bus. One of the unforgivable mistakes is to ignore your paying customers. You just can't do it, no matter how good your product is or how good your loyal customers love you. Ignore them just once and watch how fast they pee in your coffee. Shame. 

it happens a lot in niche business. I was prepared for this scenario when I pushed the order button. I would go for iPod for more comfortable customer service experience but it is kind of a tradeoff. should they do it? absolutely no. is it a big deal? well, imo it depends...

Sep 1, 2013 at 8:50 AM Post #3,247 of 3,609
ibasso is a small operation... check out this thread http://www.head-fi.org/t/346823/ibasso-oem-project/75#post_5471591

they are already sent out apology email and willing to throw in a free battery as compensation..

Sep 1, 2013 at 8:52 AM Post #3,248 of 3,609
I guess it's nice to see they use Fluke meters...lol

Sep 1, 2013 at 8:52 AM Post #3,249 of 3,609
Go ahead and cancel your order if that's your impression.

But I thought they had contacted their first batch customers apologising for a brief delay and advising they would include a spare battery as a gesture (of goodwill) for their understanding.

I've been in business a little longer than you, 43 years to be exact and like most businesses, rely on suppliers for products and components. When launching new products, you endeavour to make deadlines and release dates. Mostly these things need plenty of advance planning. Having a key supplier late for whatever reason is not entirely unusual especially by a few days. I strongly doubt iBasso did anything deliberately as they are a very small company. I'm also aware that in China there has been a severe heat wave affecting some manufacturing plants getting sufficient power from the state owned plants in some regions. This could easily be the reason for delays in supplies. Just saying. Have no idea if this affected iBasso but it has some of mine.

You are entirely entitled to your opinion. I just think you are either being harsh or you really don't want your DX50 and justifying your cancellation. I'm sure someone else will gladly accept yours.

Sep 1, 2013 at 8:54 AM Post #3,250 of 3,609
Sep 1, 2013 at 9:02 AM Post #3,251 of 3,609
Lol... I just wanna say that they are not a big evil enterprise, that's all..... and language could also be a barrier hence the lack of communication....

as long as the end product is safe and durable, I guess the little delay is in fact acceptable.

Sep 1, 2013 at 9:07 AM Post #3,252 of 3,609
If that's the company...I see now why there are so many returns of the DX100 for quality control issues. They pump them out, ship them out, and worry about issues after the fact. That's the iBasso way. I'd be seriously surprised if these don't follow the same pattern as the DX's.

Sep 1, 2013 at 9:24 AM Post #3,253 of 3,609
Quote:
If that's the company...I see now why there are so many returns of the DX100 for quality control issues. They pump them out, ship them out, and worry about issues after the fact. That's the iBasso way. I'd be seriously surprised if these don't follow the same pattern as the DX's.

Wow, where does this conclusion come from?

Sep 1, 2013 at 9:27 AM Post #3,254 of 3,609
Quote:
Go ahead and cancel your order if that's your impression.

But I thought they had contacted their first batch customers apologising for a brief delay and advising they would include a spare battery as a gesture (of goodwill) for their understanding.

I've been in business a little longer than you, 43 years to be exact and like most businesses, rely on suppliers for products and components. When launching new products, you endeavour to make deadlines and release dates. Mostly these things need plenty of advance planning. Having a key supplier late for whatever reason is not entirely unusual especially by a few days. I strongly doubt iBasso did anything deliberately as they are a very small company. I'm also aware that in China there has been a severe heat wave affecting some manufacturing plants getting sufficient power from the state owned plants in some regions. This could easily be the reason for delays in supplies. Just saying. Have no idea if this affected iBasso but it has some of mine.

You are entirely entitled to your opinion. I just think you are either being harsh or you really don't want your DX50 and justifying your cancellation. I'm sure someone else will gladly accept yours.

I don't think that you get it. Smaller companies should provide "better" customer service not worse. I can't tell you how many times I've got the extra mile on nights and weekends because if I didn't the work would go to someone else. If I'm going to be even 10 late for an appointment you bet your @ss that I'll call and apologize and be sure to ask if it's okay to still come out for the appointment. 

Bottom line, ibasso knew they would not be able to ship on the second date, of course they did let's not be gullible. Second, they didn't let the people waiting know that they didn't ship. Three, AFTER the fact (not shipping on the promised date) they send out an email offering the spare battery. 

All they would have needed would have been to sent an email and or make an announcement stating the reason for the delay. That's it. 

Sep 1, 2013 at 9:30 AM Post #3,255 of 3,609
Quote:

I understand your position and kind of agree that they could have handled the delay a little more deftly. However, knowing audiophiles, who are somewhat similar to crackheads in their desire for product and willingness to endure unpleasantness to get their fix, most will give them a pass and shrug it off as a first-world problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back