DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . .
Aug 23, 2013 at 1:43 PM Post #2,642 of 3,609
Quote:
Will I need the Fiio E12 AMP with the iBasso DX50?

You can let your ear decide and see if it is necessary since you are going to buy the player anyways 
L3000.gif
. Both of the amps should drive your 315s well.

For DX50 vs Fiio x3, we still need some kind souls to make a comparison, and the 1st batch of DX50 is currently in the 'shipping' state so we still need to wait a few days more before reviews come out. I am also waiting for someone to compare the 2 devices.

guys, would someone tell me how Android Dx50 works when connect to Mac? I heard sometimes Android devices have problem with Apple?

Dx50 is not android based. Please read page 1 :)

Aug 23, 2013 at 1:55 PM Post #2,645 of 3,609
Quote:
this looks perfect for OTG connectivity...if only it has micro usb...

http://www.amazon.com/Juiced-Systems-Microsoft-Surface-Adapter/dp/B00C7AQXQQ/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

love the square design should go and fit nicely to the bottom of DX50, anyone else got/found similar item ?

Quote:
It won't fit directly, the dx50 USB plug is a micro B female plug, this one is a USB A male. You need a micro A plug which is what the OTG is, the other end is USB female plug.

To conclude you'll plug the OTG cable first, then your device.

I hope I didn't mix the gender up
biggrin.gif

I understand it will not work, I was wishing for micro usb adapter with the same square-ish design...

Aug 23, 2013 at 4:32 PM Post #2,649 of 3,609
Come on, are you even remotely serious about this comparison?!? 

That's like comparing a FORD FOCUS to a LOTUS ELISE. 

Andy. 

Quote:
Actually I reckon a Clip Vs Dx50 face off would be quite useful for a lot of people as I imagine that would be a logical upgrade step for most. 

Aug 23, 2013 at 4:46 PM Post #2,650 of 3,609
Quote:

Andy. 

Can't see what's so surprising about that?  A lot of people's first source would be a sansa clip plus.  Good sounding, good file choice, ease of use. 

Aug 23, 2013 at 4:47 PM Post #2,651 of 3,609
Quote:

Andy. 

Just like davidcotton wrote: "....as I imagine that would be a logical upgrade step for most."

This way people can see if the improvement is really that big, that they don't have to think about the big price difference.
I don't think that there is such a thing as "useless comparisons".

Aug 23, 2013 at 5:17 PM Post #2,653 of 3,609
Well, I'll compare them anyway, so if it is helpful, then I'll be really glad 

"....as I imagine that would be a logical upgrade step for most."

it is the exact situation I'm in. I've had clip, fiio e6 (which is a pretty good little thingy for 20$) and now I've bought this. I've never been lucky/rich enough to afford an Ipod so sorry for that

Aug 23, 2013 at 5:45 PM Post #2,655 of 3,609
Quote:
Just like davidcotton wrote: "....as I imagine that would be a logical upgrade step for most."

This way people can see if the improvement is really that big, that they don't have to think about the big price difference.
I don't think that there is such a thing as "useless comparisons".

THIS!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back