DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . .
Aug 23, 2013 at 8:54 AM Post #2,627 of 3,609
Anyone knows if they are using android for the dx50?

Aug 23, 2013 at 10:13 AM Post #2,629 of 3,609
There won't be a storage "limit" as long as it can be powered....aka if the dx50 provides enough current to spin the drive or if the drive has an external power source. 

And looks like Sorenslim will be joining the dx50 family soon enough, hanging out in this thread far too much not to.=)

Aug 23, 2013 at 10:35 AM Post #2,630 of 3,609
I'm gonna order it this evening, just because I kinda want to get one from the second batch... Chances of it sounding bad are almost nonexistent, I'm pretty sure it will sound better than my desktop sound-card or my cellphone...

Aug 23, 2013 at 11:20 AM Post #2,631 of 3,609
No, the DX100 does not charge via USB and I'm not sure about USB OTG support either. But I do have a rooted DX100 on my desk, an OTG cable in my bag and some spare usb keys lying around. If only wifi worked, I would be able to install the USB OTG control apps needed to test this 
rolleyes.gif

Just sideload the apps

Aug 23, 2013 at 11:52 AM Post #2,632 of 3,609
this looks perfect for OTG connectivity...if only it has micro usb...

http://www.amazon.com/Juiced-Systems-Microsoft-Surface-Adapter/dp/B00C7AQXQQ/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

love the square design should go and fit nicely to the bottom of DX50, anyone else got/found similar item ?

Aug 23, 2013 at 12:03 PM Post #2,633 of 3,609
I got a response from IBASSO and they say the DX50 can be used with and external 2.5" HDD...
I'm in second batch, shipped in two weeks.

Aug 23, 2013 at 12:24 PM Post #2,634 of 3,609
this looks perfect for OTG connectivity...if only it has micro usb...

http://www.amazon.com/Juiced-Systems-Microsoft-Surface-Adapter/dp/B00C7AQXQQ/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

love the square design should go and fit nicely to the bottom of DX50, anyone else got/found similar item ?

It won't fit directly, the dx50 USB plug is a micro B female plug, this one is a USB A male. You need a micro A plug which is what the OTG is, the other end is USB female plug.

To conclude you'll plug the OTG cable first, then your device.

I hope I didn't mix the gender up :D

Aug 23, 2013 at 12:27 PM Post #2,635 of 3,609
According to the first post, they decided not to use android 

Aww... If there was android and wifi function kickstarter project lima would provide unlimited storage..
It'll be the perfect pairing with the dx100

Aug 23, 2013 at 12:52 PM Post #2,637 of 3,609
Hi all,

First post here, been lurking for a few days, and reading heavily to get some ideas for my first portable setup :)

I have already bought the Shure SE315s, the Fiio E12 AMP, and I had bought the iPod Classic 7th Gen, but Apple sent me a refurbished 6th Gen, so that is going back for a refund!

So I am now looking for a decent starter DAP to go with the equipment listed above, and I've only just seen the iBasso DX50 & the Fiio X3?

Could you kind people recommend the iBasso DX50?

Will I need the Fiio E12 AMP with the iBasso DX50?

Also, do we know yet what materials its made from, is it a metal case or plastic?  (I will read up on this thread now but 176 pages will take me a little while)
blink.gif

Thanks for any help you can give, and its great to be a part of a nice enthusiast community
L3000.gif

Aug 23, 2013 at 12:58 PM Post #2,638 of 3,609
Quote:
Hi all,

First post here, been lurking for a few days, and reading heavily to get some ideas for my first portable setup :)

I have already bought the Shure SE315s, the Fiio E12 AMP, and I had bought the iPod Classic 7th Gen, but Apple sent me a refurbished 6th Gen, so that is going back for a refund!

So I am now looking for a decent starter DAP to go with the equipment listed above, and I've only just seen the iBasso DX50 & the Fiio X3?

Could you kind people recommend the iBasso DX50?

Will I need the Fiio E12 AMP with the iBasso DX50?

Also, do we know yet what materials its made from, is it a metal case or plastic?  (I will read up on this thread now but 176 pages will take me a little while)
blink.gif

Thanks for any help you can give, and its great to be a part of a nice enthusiast community
L3000.gif

Welcome to Head-Fi! Sorry for your wallet.

You will most likely not need the Fiio amp if you are using the DX50 with its built-in one.
The Shures are fairly easy to drive.

Aug 23, 2013 at 1:21 PM Post #2,640 of 3,609
guys, would someone tell me how Android Dx50 works when connect to Mac? I heard sometimes Android devices have problem with Apple?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back